The iHome iW3 is an AirPlay enabled speaker system for streaming digital audio wirelessly over Wi-Fi from iTunes, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch to anywhere in your house. The internal rechargeable battery makes it a truly wireless and portable audio solution that you can take anywhere you have Wi-Fi. The iW3 also supports USB docking for iPad, iPod, and iPhone charging and music playback via any iPod USB sync cable and dock.
- Works with AirPlay wireless audio
- Four active speakers with custom Reson8 speaker chambers
- SRS TruBass digital sound processing for dynamic audio performance
- Convenient charging base and integrated carrying handle
- Wi-Fi certified
- Works with iHome apps (available from the App Store) for easy network setup, access to device settings, fun alarm features, and more
- Experience wireless multi-room audio by adding iHome AirPlay enabled speakers around the house
Did you notice?The built-in power switch helps save battery life in transit by preventing inadvertent activation of buttons.
Apple Recommends ForListen to the music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Mac wirelessly anywhere in your house.
What's in the Box?
- iHome iW3 wireless speaker
- USB sync cable
- Charging base
- 100-240 V universal voltage AC adapter
- Start guide
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack, USB
- Other Features: AirPlay
- Connections: AirPlay
- Speaker Configurations: Stereo
- Power Source: AC, Battery Power, USB
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 9.38 in./23.83 cm
- Width: 4.61 in./11.7 cm
- Weight: 2.2 lb./1 kg
- Length: 4.61 in./11.7 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: iW3BVC
- UPC or EAN No.: 047532896404
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited
- To take advantage of AirPlay functionality, the iW3 must be connected to a Wi-Fi network with networked access to a Mac or PC running iTunes 10.1 or later; or an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch running iOS 4.2 or later.
1-800-854-3680 or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPod nano 2nd Generation
iPod nano 3rd Generation (video)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod nano 7th Generation
iPod touch 1st Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
Ratings & Reviews
I purchased this speaker because we just wanted something in the kitchen, stream some music, and not disrupt the rest of the house I purchased this speaker because we just wanted something in the kitchen, stream some music, and not disrupt the rest of the house. So far, everything is working great.
The speaker is rather heavy, probably because of the built in battery. We probably won't use the battery much, as we just have it on the charging base (which fits inside a small cut-out under the base). The chrome band around the bottom gives it a nice look as well. The buttons on top seem to be a good quality, they don't feel cheap or fragile.
Setting up the speaker was a breeze. I just connected my iPad and it prompted me to download the small free set-up app. A minute later, I punched in my WiFi password and the speaker connected without a hitch. Streaming iTunes via Airplay was no problem. One bonus was being able to stream Pandora internet radio.
I mostly chose this speaker because the more highly rated alternative was twice the price. The sound seems good to me, I'm no audiophile, but can appreciate good music and good sound. This speaker delivers. …
- Written by Colby B from Mesa
51 of 55 people found this useful
Check you have the correct router before you buy!!!
After 5 days of trying to get the speaker to connect to my wifi router, it turns out that they are not compatible. Your router nee After 5 days of trying to get the speaker to connect to my wifi router, it turns out that they are not compatible. Your router needs to have 802.11g technology, not the faster 802.11n technology. Please check before you buy. …
- Written by Clare C from Newport
52 of 72 people found this useful
Just doesn't work
Sorry to say that this airplay speaker just does not work. Tried two devices and both suffered the same problem. The speaker is ea Sorry to say that this airplay speaker just does not work. Tried two devices and both suffered the same problem. The speaker is easy enough to set up and sounds great. But if left idle, it eventually drops from the wifi network so hard that it locks up and has to be reset. As noted, tried two different speakers and both suffered the same issue. I fully expect the entire line to suffer the same defect.
So much for affordable AirPlay devices. …
- Written by Michael N from Burlington
33 of 40 people found this useful
Wireless N Router works with iHome iW3
I believe the review of wireless N routers not working needs to be updated. Perhaps that was true a some point in time. I have a I believe the review of wireless N routers not working needs to be updated. Perhaps that was true a some point in time. I have a Linksys E3000 Router with wireless N technology and have 4 iHome iW3 speakers nestled around the house working fine. I've had one of them for about a year and added the other 3 several months ago. I did set them up using the downloaded app to my iPhone and I used the manual setup instructions that came with the speakers. I have two large stereo speaker set ups also streaming in two other rooms. On using Apple TV and the other using Airport Express. This all works fine using iTunes or the Remote app on my IOS devices. This setup is a nice way to walk through the house with uninterrupted music! …
- Written by Barbara B from ANGLETON
Worst airplay connection EVER
Sounds great. Runs long on one charge. Docks with device just fine. But REGARDLESS of how close you are to a wifi source, the Airp Sounds great. Runs long on one charge. Docks with device just fine. But REGARDLESS of how close you are to a wifi source, the Airplay connection cuts out FREQUENTLY. We have a ton of devices in our house on wifi, and they are all flawless. This POC is pretty much useless for the reason it was intended for. …
- Written by Richard P from Coquitlam
Don't waste your money
Easy set up, sounds great...WHEN IT WORKS.. which is not often. Drops the wifi signal and has to be set up time and again. Music f Easy set up, sounds great...WHEN IT WORKS.. which is not often. Drops the wifi signal and has to be set up time and again. Music from itunes cuts in and out 5 or 6 times during a song. Absolute garbage!!!! …
- Written by MICHAEL C from Blandon
2 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does the iW3 work with the Apple TV?? I'd like to set these up around my apartment and AirPlay the Apple TV's audio to multiple units. Thanx!
- Asked by Jess H from Daytona Beach
- Mar 11, 2013
I just tested it and yes it does. However, the Apple TV can only play to one AirPlay device at a tim I just tested it and yes it does. However, the Apple TV can only play to one AirPlay device at a time. So if you get several of these units around your house, the Apple TV can't play to all of them. You can stream music from iTunes to multiple speakers, so that would be a better source for multi-room audio. …
- Answered by Bryan S from Sugar Land
- Jun 1, 2013
Run several speakers simultaneously? Only with iTunes never with iOS devices.
- Asked by Benjamin N from Long Beach
- May 3, 2013
Can't play but one at a time using my ipod 5, but using the REMOTE app on the ipod I can access my l Can't play but one at a time using my ipod 5, but using the REMOTE app on the ipod I can access my library on my PC and play to multiple devices including computer, apple tv, and multipld ihome speakers …
- Answered by Patricia M from Hanson
- Aug 29, 2013
Does this product work with a new Airport Express?
- Asked by Giampaolo B from Brooklyn
- Feb 6, 2013
Does it work for the new ipod nano
- Asked by Diane V from West Chicago
- Nov 23, 2012
For the iPod Nano, it will only work via sync or stereo cable. It is not a bluetooth speaker, and t For the iPod Nano, it will only work via sync or stereo cable. It is not a bluetooth speaker, and the iPod Nano does not have WiFi. So it has to be plugged in in order to work.
So yes it will work, but the Airplay functionality will not work. …
- Answered by Derrick B from Austell
- Dec 25, 2012