OverviewBelkin’s WeMo Switch + Motion work together to let you use motion to turn almost anything in your home on or off. A heater, a lamp, your stereo, you name it—if you can plug it in, you can control it with WeMo Switch + Motion. WeMo works on on any iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad running iOS 5 or later. With the free WeMo app, you tell WeMo Switch + Motion what to do when motion is sensed. With multiple WeMo Switches, you can control as much or as little of your home as you like.
- Works with your existing Wi-Fi router and any iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 5 or later
- Modular system—easily add additional WeMo Switches and WeMo Motion sensors at any time
- Control as much or as little of your home as you want
- Operates over Wi-Fi and mobile Internet, whether you're at home or away
- Six-foot power cord and 10-foot motion sensitivity range allow for optimal placement of sensor
- Put your home electronics on a schedule, telling them when to come on and when to turn off
- Free WeMo app
Did you notice?The free WeMo app adds remote home control functionality to your iOS devices.
Apple Recommends ForTurn your electronics on or off—from anywhere—using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and your home Wi-Fi network.
What's in the Box?
- One Belkin WeMo Switch
- One Belkin WeMo Sensor
- User manual
- Mfr. Part Number : F5C0340fcAPL
- UPC or EAN No. : 722868864197
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One-year limited
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
Ratings & Reviews
This product is great. It works perfectly. I have my living room lamps plugged into it. They go on when I enter the room, and shut off 5 minutes after I leave. The sensor works perfectly. Not sure what the previous reviewer was talking about. Also, you can set it to only turn them on during certain hours so the lights aren't coming on during the day. …
- Written by Ryan A from Brockville
76 of 96 people found this useful
One Location Only
The iPhone App will only work with one location (one Router). I try to set it up with my home and vacation home, failed. Otherwise , it's working really well. …
- Written by James C from Riverside
39 of 49 people found this useful
OK except IFTTT doesn't work reliably
1. I haven't had a any problems with setup or operation on our home wifi.
2. The WeMo app controls the switches both locally and via 4G.
1. WeMo app crashes pretty often on my iphone 5 - maybe 1 out of 5 times the app is opened.
2. WeMo integration with IFTTT is pretty unreliable. I have a switch setup to turn on a lamp at dusk and then off at a set time. The on time can vary by 2 or 3 hours from day to day and same with the off time.
3. Switch status has to be manually refreshed when viewing with the app to see the latest switch state.
4. The motion sensor takes some moving around to get it to operate a switch like I wanted. For example, I put it in the TV room and set it up to turn off the lights when no one is in the room. Turns out you can't put it 10 ft away from the couch and have it detect any but large motions. Moving your head or an arm won't always be detected. It it is only a 3 or 4 feet away it will detect small motions that occur while being a zombie in front of the TV. …
- Written by Robert H from Arlington
30 of 42 people found this useful
Unable to remain paired on wifi
This thing is horrendous. It's not capable of staying paired to wifi, but the regular WEMO switches do just fine. Even if you pu t it RIGHT NEXT to the wireless radio, it wont see it. Setup is a pain as it will only see 1 wireless network, which may be your neighbors... which begs the problem... "Now what?"
Keep working on it guys, this is very Microsoft of you. Cool Idea, TERRIBLE implementation!
- Written by Casey R from Cupertino
3 of 4 people found this useful
works very nicely
Went on a trip to barbados and was able to remote my switches from there.
Bought 3 of them, one with motion, sends me an email wh en someone walks by, neat.
Only problem I have is cannot see them on my home network until i replug them, but on 3g or any other wifi work great. …
- Written by John M from Chatham
3 of 3 people found this useful
Used 6-7 Months Before Commenting
I waited several months before commenting but I think they've gotten better after 2-3 firmware and app updates which will knock th em down/offline. The first 1-2 updates I had difficulty getting them rediscovered but the last had no problem. I would wait and do any app/firmware updates at home. I tried once from a friend's house and it wouldn't rediscover until I got home and un/re-plugged each switch. The only time I couldn't see a switch was when I accidentally turned off the wall switch controlling the outlet.. USER error! …
- Written by John G S from White Lake
2 of 4 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Martin C
- Jan 11, 2013
This depends on your TV. In most cases it will put your TV into standby mode
The best way to answ er this is to test the TV as follows.
Without the Belkin Wemo Switch connected if you connect the TV to the power socket. Does it go into standby or does it power on. If it goes into standby mode, then that is exactly what the Belkin Wemo Switch will do. If it powers on, then that is exactly what the Belkin Wemo switch will do.
The Belkin Wemo switch cuts off the power supply and initiates the power supply back to the device either through its motion sensor or Wemo App. …
- Answered by Belkin Uk 1
- Feb 11, 2013
It's only a motion sensor. I works in conjunction with a switch. It tells whatever that's plugged in to the switch when to turn on/off. Yes, you do have to buy a separate switch. …
- Answered by Urick M from Yonkers
- Nov 10, 2012
- Asked by Christopher F from Apo
- Jul 1, 2012
It's the 3 pin 240v version (just the wrong photo) They are amazing units and easy to set up. They d on't mention that you can also control via SMS & email &......
The list is endless. Got mine to control the boiler, far better than a timer …
- Answered by Huw L
- Oct 22, 2012