Studio quality anywhere
About the size of an iPhone, MiC makes it easy to capture your best take with incredible quality, anywhere your music takes you. Record any sound you can imagine, from vocals to vibraphones, pianos to percussion and everything in between, and build a track right on your iPad with GarageBand.
Three products in one small package
MiC integrates a microphone, microphone preamp, and an A/D converter into one compact device. Each part of MiC is designed to deliver the lowest noise and highest quality signal possible for a digital microphone. And it all fits in your pocket.
Built for the future
Introduced in 2011, the original MiC became the mobile microphone of choice for artists desiring that big-studio microphone sound. The latest MiC delivers unsurpassed recording quality. It's optimized for the newest iOS devices, allowing you to record in pristine fidelity—up to 24-bit/96 kHz.
Since 1985, Apogee has continually produced award-winning technology that powers many of the world's most respected studios. Apogee products have been instrumental in capturing countless GRAMMY® and OSCAR® winning performances.
- PureDIGITAL connection delivers pristine sound quality
- Designed for vocal, spoken word, and acoustic instrument recording
- Up to 96 kHz/24-bit HD recording
- Works with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac
- Lightning and Mac USB cables included
- Easy to use, no setup required
- Gain knob and level indicator make setting level a snap
- Made for GarageBand and Logic Pro
- Low-noise digital connection with high-gain, studio-quality preamp
- Made in the U.S.A.
Did you notice?Three products in one, MiC combines a microphone, a mic preamp, and a digital converter—everything you need to record.
Apple Recommends ForAnyone who wants a high-quality condenser microphone with incredible sound and total portability for recording on iPad, iPhone, or Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Apogee MiC digital microphone
- Lightning cable for connection to iOS devices (3.3 ft./1 m)
- USB cable for connection to Mac (3.3 ft./1 m)
- Desktop tripod
- Microphone stand adapter
- QuickStart guide
- Height: 4.56 in./11.58 cm
- Width: 1.52 in./3.86 cm
- Weight: 6.4 oz./181.4 g
- Mac OS X v10.7.5 or later or iOS 6.1 or later
- 1.5 GHz or faster Intel processor
- 2GB of RAM minimum; 4GB recommended
- For Mac: GarageBand, Logic Pro, MainStage, or any Core Audio compatible application. For iOS: Made for GarageBand on iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad. Works with other Core Audio compatible apps.
- Mfr. Part Number: MiC 96k-LO
- UPC or EAN No.: 805676301235
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar, and drums. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar into your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, a built-in microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks*. Record performances from third-party music and effect apps directly into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio in iOS 8. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with acoustic and electronic drum kits
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects
• Use the Sampler to create new instruments from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard
• Record compatible third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords, or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature, and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone's recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks* using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume —solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb, and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Email songs right from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using AirDrop for iOS
* 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip or higher. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation). …
Ratings & Reviews
A superb, compact mic
This was my first microphone purchase, for use with a Mac Pro. Having a Yamaha USB receiver as my sound output device, I wanted a This was my first microphone purchase, for use with a Mac Pro. Having a Yamaha USB receiver as my sound output device, I wanted a USB mic of comparable quality for the sound input device. After evaluating a lot of choices, I settled on the Apogee, where their outstanding website and its thorough info and sound samples made it clear that these people are dead serious about high quality sound. It was also the case that I wanted a mic that looked great on my desktop, and not stick out like a bizarre thumb as some competing mics do. This is one of the best things I've ever bought, delivering high quality sound without taking up a lot of space. …
- Written by Richard S from Framingham
66 of 69 people found this useful
In the right hands, this thing is GOLD.
As a songwriter, I do/have done a lot of demo-ing/recording on my mobile studio(GarageBand on a MacBook Pro) and the Mic has quick As a songwriter, I do/have done a lot of demo-ing/recording on my mobile studio(GarageBand on a MacBook Pro) and the Mic has quickly become one of the most used toys of mine. Works GREAT for vocals and, with knowledge of mic positioning, sounds as good as any mic I've ever heard for acoustic guitars. Definitely do not regret buying!!! …
- Written by Kevin C from Sherman Oaks
44 of 46 people found this useful
Great Mic, nice sound, compact size.
I used the mic mostly with my iPad mini, but i connected it also to mac and Windows machine ( yes it works with windows, but Hi,
I used the mic mostly with my iPad mini, but i connected it also to mac and Windows machine ( yes it works with windows, but not as usual USB mic but you need to install ASIO4all free asio drivers and off course use recording application which is able to use asio drivers - all DAW windows software and some consumer audio editing soft like Audacity compiled with asio support... it is not perfect but works for me and some other people)
- Regarding the sound, this is really great.
- Build quality - all metal housing speaks for itself - actually it is pretty heavy for the size because of it...
- Regarding the cabling, all cables are short but... if you need longer cable and you are using mac then instead of buying dedicated expensive Apogee 3m cable you can use cheap USB extension cable.
What's more, if you need a longer connection to your iPad and -! if you already have an apple lightning to USB Camera Adapter !- then u can use a trick and instead of using apogee_to_lightning short cable ( or buying Apogee expensive extension) you can use (Apogee_to_USB)+(USB extension cable)+( Apple lightning to USB Camera Adapter) and it should work as I tried with my iPad mini this connection without the USB extension (Apogee_to_USB)+( Apple lightning to USB Camera Adapter) and it worked fine :) an extension cable of 3 meters should not cause the trouble in my opinion. …
- Written by Grzegorz G from Warszawa
23 of 24 people found this useful
Liked it, not blown away
This is a great device, the built in microphone is not quite as good as suggested though certainly good enough for a lot of enviro This is a great device, the built in microphone is not quite as good as suggested though certainly good enough for a lot of environments - a pop-cap actually is all that's needed for this to be suitable for demo vocals and voice-overs.
Love the simplicity and ease of use - great product …
- Written by Caleb I from Kaiapoi
Apogee Duet 2
The Apogee Duet 2 is a sound investment for anyone seeking high quality, portability and an elegantly designed and implemented aud The Apogee Duet 2 is a sound investment for anyone seeking high quality, portability and an elegantly designed and implemented audio interface. Sure, it does everything it says on the box, but setup, use, sound quality, build quality and ease of use are all 5 star. The Duet 2 also offers up to 192K sample rates which should future proof your investment for some time. Great product Apogee. Actually, great understates the Duet 2, awesome product Apogee. …
- Written by James W from Brisbane
was hopeful but now SO frustrated
I wanted to love this microphone. My needs are super simple and not even musical. I bought this microphone to record simple audio I wanted to love this microphone. My needs are super simple and not even musical. I bought this microphone to record simple audio with video on Ipad or Iphone. First, this is not quite plug and play, since I had to trouble-shoot several issues .....but once I figured out how to record WITH sound (at first the blue light looked like I was recording sound as well as video, but no sound on replay) I discovered that it is impossible to power ipad or iphone when recording, since this mic plugs into lightning charger space, with no such thing as a splitter involved. Since recording requires plenty of power, I just feel totally frustrated. I know I need to record at least one hour at a time and don't see how to do it. If you see something I don't or know how to work around, you may love this mic, but I wish I'd put out the extra $100 and bought the ONE. Best of luck! …
- Written by Katharine T M from San Mateo
9 of 13 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does the Apogee MiC work with the new iPhone 6?
- Asked by Amy G from Brisbane
- Oct 14, 2014
Would this work on the new IMAC 5k in Microsoft Office for dictation of mail? Also would it work with dictation to imessage? thank you
- Asked by Jeff G from Mukwonago
- Oct 23, 2014
Is there on-board storage, or is cabled connection to an iPad, etc., required for recording?
- Asked by Gregory T from Anaheim
- Sep 16, 2014