With the Wahoo Blue HR monitor and your favorite fitness app you can track your heart rate and other critical fitness data on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch while you work out. Now you have your phone, GPS maps, music playlists, and your workout data all in one device.
Improve your workouts with heart rate training
Heart rate based training helps you be more effective when you train. Want to burn more calories? Want to increase your endurance? Add heart rate data to your running and cycling, including current heart rate, time spent in each heart rate zone, and calories burned.
Works with your favorite fitness apps
The Wahoo Fitness App for running and cycling is included with the Wahoo Blue HR. In addition, many of the most popular apps for running and biking—such as RunKeeper, Runmeter, MaMyRUN, Strava, Cyclemete, and MapMyRIDE—are compatible with Wahoo Blue HR.
Wireless Bluetooth 4.0
Connects wirelessly to the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch via low-energy Bluetooth 4.0 technology—no additional hardware required.
Built for working out
The Wahoo Blue HR is tough and comfortable so you can worry about your workouts, not your equipment. This sweat proof and waterproof heart rate strap is comfortable to wear for both men and women. Also, it is designed to be accurate in all conditions—from easy to strenuous exercise.
- Designed to work exclusively with the latest generations of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Connects wirelessly using Bluetooth 4.0 technology
- Comfortable soft heart rate strap is sweatproof and waterproof
- Easy to pair with your favorite app
- Works with popular fitness apps for running, cycling, and gym workouts
- Long-lasting, replaceable coin cell battery; no need for extra cables or recharging
Did you notice?The Blue HR includes the free Wahoo Fitness app for running and cycling, plus it's compatible with many popular apps such as RunKeeper, Runmeter, MapMyRUN, Strava, Cyclemeter, and MapMyRIDE.
Apple Recommends ForExperience the benefits of heart rate based training when you run, cycle, or workout with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
What's in the Box?
- Wahoo Fitness Blue HR Heart Rate Strap for iPhone 4S
- Quick start guide
- Mfr. Part Number : WFBTHR01
- UPC or EAN No. : 857335002212
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One year
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad (4th generation)
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
Ratings & Reviews
Does exactly what it says
If you are looking for an heart rate monitor and own a 4S, look no further. This product has so far performed exactly as I wanted it to. It worked well outdoors with my phone in my pocket, worked well indoors on the treadmill, pretty much everywhere. I also use bluetooth headphones and there was no issue. Finally a product that says it is going to do something and actually does it. Price isn't bad either, doubt you will find something better for less. The washable strap is also great. Easy on and off. If you love to track your fitness, this is a great tool. …
- Written by Max S from Toronto
95 of 101 people found this useful
Wahoo Fitness Blue HR is AWESOME! I use Nike+ GPS app and needed HRM to help maintain my zones. Using Wahoo Fitness app I run with both apps running. Setup Wahoo Fitness triggers at different intervals and Nike+ GPS every mile. Now I have all the info I need. Upload to Runkeeper.com for HR and Nikeplus.com for runs. Blue HR works perfectly with iPhone 4S. Only ONE device for HR monitor, GPS maps, Music playlists, and phone... AWESOME!!! …
- Written by Anthony D from San Diego
85 of 88 people found this useful
Love this product...
I wanted to track my heart rate during workouts. I have used Polar products in the past, and was satisfied. Being able to use this with my iPhone 4s over Bluetooth, a plus.
I was worried it would drain my iPhone battery more than normal, but I couldn't tell the difference with it on or off after a 8+ hour workout. I love how light it is. It says the unit is water proof. I can't wait to try it swimming, just make sure your phone is waterproof too. I'm glad my local Apple store had it in stock. It was a choice between Apple or REI.
I don't know how battery life for the unit is, but have tested it for some 24+ hours of workouts, and still tracking strong. The battery is user replaceable. It is a CR2032 lithium battery that cost a couple of dollars. …
- Written by Jared C from Ontario
79 of 82 people found this useful
Easy Setup For Cycling Apps
Using an iPhone 5 with Cyclemeter and Endomondo. The setup and paring couldn't have been easier.
1. On the iPhone, go to "Setting s>Bluetooth" and turn it on.
2. Adjust the HR belt to fit you and snap on he monitor with the rubber pads towards your skin. I moistened them a little (licked my finger and swiped the pads) to ensure good contact.
3. Each app has it's own method of pairing with the HR monitor but they are simple and straight forward. Just don't look for pairing information in the iPhone settings. The pairing takes place in the apps.
This worked the first time for both apps with no issues at all. I've only given the HR monitor 4 stars because I've not used it in a workout yet. I'll update this once I've been able to test it in action.
For more complete information on wearing the monitor, placement of the belt, etc., please see the instructions on the Wahoo Blue website. …
- Written by Cary C from Lincoln
This app is both amazing and easy to use. I never have issues with the HR Blue monitor being received by my phone or the wahoo app . It also allows users to share their workout data other other apps and social media applications. The HR blue strap is very comfortable and adjustable. The snaps used to connect the strap are simple and easy, allowing the user to mount from the front with one easy snap. I really enjoy this app and recommend it to any one serious about tracking their fitness progress. It's great for beginners all the up to professional athletes. And the strap is hand washable, making the device safe for repeated wear for years to come without fear of becoming infected with bacteria or other nasties. The Wahoo blue HR device itself can be easily wiped with some warm soap and water or a Clorox bleach towelettes. …
- Written by john K from haddon heights
Flawless pairing. Super reliable. Wear it cycling, running an weightlifting. Have had it for a month and a half. Perfect relia bility. Read all the negative revues before purchase, but great experience with other Wahoo products led me to this one. Zero regrets and lots of enthusiasm! …
- Written by Wade M from Toronto
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Paul S
- Jul 4, 2012
- Asked by Stephen M from Berwyn
- Mar 16, 2013
Yes. I bought this today after looking thru the compatibility on the manufacturer's website. I hav e been using Runtastic Pro for three months and every week I use this App to track my running habit. This Blue HR strap works well. Keep in mind that switching on the Bluetooth on your iPhone might not discover its presence. It is not until you wear it on and batch your App will you find the reading showing around the red heart icon. Enjoy! …
- Answered by Ka Yin L
- Mar 24, 2013
Will this work with Endomondo pro app and will I need the Ant Key for everything to work properly. I am also trying to sync up with my fitbit.
- Asked by Kyle M from Sandy
- Jul 9, 2012
According to the listing for this item on the Endomondo store: "The Wahoo Blue HR connects wirelessl y to your iPhone 4S, without the need for adapters, and delivers accurate real-time heart rate data through the Endomondo app, transforming your iPhone into an all-in-one training device." …
- Answered by Jon Z from Alliance
- Jul 25, 2012
I got it and it does work with iPhone 5.
- Answered by Zakaria A from Milton
- Sep 28, 2012
- Asked by Chad M from Saskatoon
- Sep 16, 2012
Yes but you have to supply your lightning connector as this comes with a 30pin dock connector
- Answered by Irene H
- Oct 26, 2012