Store, transport and share photos, video, music, documents, and more from computer to computer.
- Innovative sliding hook that securely attaches to keys, backpacks, and more
- Ultra-thin metallic design
- Ideal for storing, transferring, backing-up data
- Easily store, organize, and share your media
- Stream videos, photos, and music to anywhere
- High performance, low power consumption
- Superior durability
Did you notice?A sliding hook lets you safely attach the drive to your keychain or backpack.
Apple Recommends ForTransport and share all kinds of files from your Mac.
What's in the Box?
- PNY Hook Flash Drive
- Connections: USB 2.0
- Power Source: USB
- Mfr. Part Number: P-FDU8GB/APPHK-EF
- UPC or EAN No.: 751492506999
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year plus free technical support
- For Flash Media Devices, 1 megabyte = 1 million bytes; 1 gigabyte = 1 billion bytes. Actual useable capacity may vary. Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions, and thus is not available for data storage.
Ratings & Reviews
This is a nice flash drive
There isn't a whole lot you can say about flash drives. They are fairly basic, been around for years, and will outlast their usefu There isn't a whole lot you can say about flash drives. They are fairly basic, been around for years, and will outlast their useful storage capacity. PNY is a good company, and I have never had a problem with their flash drives.
This drive is nice because it is small in size, and fits easily onto a keychain, the keychain look in a laptop back. I suppose it's biggest pro, could also be it's biggest con, and it might be easy to loose because of it's small size if you are not careful about where you put it.
It is well constructed and durable with no plastic to break or wear. While the finish does not perfectly match the Apple Products, it still looks very much at home with a MBA or MBP.
I haven't had it long enough to give a long term review of how it will hold up over long term use, but so far I am happy with the purchase. It does exactly what I need it to do, which is clip on to a keychain where I always have it handy, and be durable enough not to break as some with the plastic keychain clips do. …
- Written by Anthony Sean D from Highlands Ranch
59 of 64 people found this useful
Great little flash drive
There's a fair amount of data I need to carry with me daily in my work. A small yet durable flash drive with reasonable storage wa There's a fair amount of data I need to carry with me daily in my work. A small yet durable flash drive with reasonable storage was what I had been looking for and the PNY Hook drive looked good. After roughly three months of daily use it has more than held-up. No problems with storing or retrieving data, music between PC's and Mac.
I love it's size, all metal housing and clip. I can see where the size might be a con for some people as it's potentially easy to loose though I imagine if it's important enough to you...you'll hang on to it. …
- Written by Eric A from Calgary
43 of 47 people found this useful
Awesome Portable Storage Device
This portable storage device is perfect for those who need something small, light, portable and guaranteed to fit into the narrowe This portable storage device is perfect for those who need something small, light, portable and guaranteed to fit into the narrowest spaces available on a computer (desktop or laptop). Sometimes the ports are very close together and most keys available today require that one of the outer keys be removed so that you can get a key in the middle. NOT THIS ONE! THIS ONE FITS INTO THE NARROWEST OF SPACES BETWEEN TWO OTHER DEVICES! It is very reliable and so far indistructable. Mine has been dropped, stepped on, rolled over by a desk chair and it is still working like the day I got it! The hook clip is very reliable. It is still as strong and reliable as it was 6 months ago. I use this key everyday. I move it from key chain to key chain etc almost daily. DEFINITELY A KEY TO PURCHASE! EXCELLENT VALUE! …
- Written by Mary N from Toronto
34 of 36 people found this useful
We just discovered that this went through both the washer AND the dryer. I plugged it in thinking we had lost it for sure. It to We just discovered that this went through both the washer AND the dryer. I plugged it in thinking we had lost it for sure. It took a few seconds for it to recognize the drive, but it did come up, and none of the files were damaged!! I thought for sure we would have to write it off as a loss and pray that everything had been backed up on the computer. My husband carries this on his keychain all the time, and he's never had any issues. And believe me, his keychain can put a custodian's keyring to shame! The only damage we can see is some discoloration of the metal casing from the heat of the dryer. Other than that, it's perfect! …
- Written by Brandi K from Colorado Springs
DO NOT buy it!!!
This is THE MOST SLOWEST flash drive EVER! I've never seen such a slow flash drive in recent 5 years. woooowa! Tiny size is the on This is THE MOST SLOWEST flash drive EVER! I've never seen such a slow flash drive in recent 5 years. woooowa! Tiny size is the only good one for this flash drive. You'd better have a whole pizza instead of affording this trash for $15. JUST. DO. NOT. BUY. IT. …
- Written by Seung Ki R from New York
2 of 3 people found this useful
Worked great until it didn't!
Bought the PNY 8GB Hook Flash Drive about 8 months ago because it was small, light, aluminum and would hook on my keyring. Though Bought the PNY 8GB Hook Flash Drive about 8 months ago because it was small, light, aluminum and would hook on my keyring. Though a little slow (at least to me) worked flawless. Then today when I was trying to copy some files from my work computer to the flash drive to work from home I noticed it didn't show up when I plugged it in to my Mac. I tried every slot. I then tried it on my company issued Dell... no good. Get home and try it on my MacBook Pro Retina and no go. I read that because it is made of aluminum it has a tendency to get static electricity and then short itself out.
Its a shame because it is really a nice looking flash drive. Too expensive to be so temperamental. …
- Written by Darin C from Memphis
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this work on my iphone5?
- Asked by Scott P from Horsham
- Mar 19, 2014
There is no way to attach this to an iPhone
- Answered by Mark H
- Jul 16, 2014
is the PNY 16GB Hook Drive compatible with windows/PC
- Asked by Jan V
- Jan 15, 2013
Yes. I have one and currently using it on both my pc and Mac. It seems to work great so far
- Answered by Konner K from Hillsboro
- Apr 7, 2013
Does this flash drive have any security feature?
- Asked by Quynh Q from Milpitas
- Jan 27, 2014
Is the PNY 16GB Hook Flash Drive compatible with newer MacBooks
- Asked by Kevin H from New Orleans
- Sep 10, 2012
Yes they are.
- Answered by Kenneth M from Lajas
- Dec 29, 2012
What could be the reason why neither my MacBook nor my iMac does not recognize the PNY 32GB Hook Flash Drive ?
- Asked by Ricardo L from North Port
- Jan 18, 2013
Is The PNY 8GB Hook Flash Drive Waterproof?
- Asked by Andrew F from New Port Richey
- Mar 20, 2012
No, the drive is not waterproof.
- Answered by Darren M from Glasgow
- May 8, 2012