The Belkin WeMo Switch and the free WeMo app work together to let you turn electronics on or off from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch wherever you are. No matter if it's a lamp, a fan, a heater, curling iron, stereo, you can activate it or put it on a schedule. WeMo uses your home Wi-Fi network, and also operates over mobile Internet—so you can control things even when you're traveling. WeMo is completely modular, allowing you to control as much or as little of your house as you like. All it requires is that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is running iOS 5 or later.
- Works with your existing Wi-Fi router and any iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 5 or later
- Modular system—easily add additional WeMo Switches and WeMo Motion sensors at any time
- Control as much or as little of your home as you want
- Operates over Wi-Fi and mobile Internet, whether you're at home or away
- Intuitive, easy setup and use
- Put your home electronics on a schedule, telling them when to come on and when to turn off
- Free WeMo app
Did you notice?The free WeMo app adds remote home control functionality to your iOS devices.
Apple Recommends ForTurn your electronics on or off—from anywhere—using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and your home Wi-Fi network.
What's in the Box?
- Belkin WeMo Switch
- User manual
- Mfr. Part Number: F7C027fcAPL
- UPC or EAN No.: 722868842362
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited
With the WeMo app, you can control all of your WeMo products from anywhere on your iPhone or iPad.
Be at home even when you’re not
WeMo is a family of products that you can use to control just about anything in your home – from anywhere. Adjust the temperature on your Crock-Pot® Smart Slow Cooker when you are running late at work, make sure the kids’ TV turns off at bedtime, and light up a dark room before you walk in. WeMo is designed to make your life a whole lot easier.
Set it, forget it, and get notifications
Don’t ever worry that you left your porch light on by setting a rule to turn off at sunrise, set alerts to let you know when your dryer cycle is done so your clothes won’t get wrinkled, and have your lights and electronics deter intruders by simulating occupancy while you are lying on a beach in Hawaii.
These are just some of the things you can do with the WeMo app.
Integrate WeMo with IFTTT
With IFTTT (if this then that), you can connect your home to the web for endless possibilities. Set your sprinklers to stay off when rain is in the forecast or have the lights come on when you approach your front door. You can even have the lights flash when your favorite team scores.
If you can think of it, you can probably WeMo That.
Check out what else you can do with WeMo at:
1-800-854-3680 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Simple app controlled outlet
This is a simple way to control a power outlet via an app. Take the switch out of the box, plug it into a power outlet, set your This is a simple way to control a power outlet via an app. Take the switch out of the box, plug it into a power outlet, set your wifi to the WeMo, configure it in the app, hit the "done" button after the app finds it, and then you can turn the outlet on/off or make timer rules for it to go on and/or off. I'm using it to control an air conditioner, so I can turn it on about an hour before I get home, so it'll be nice and cool. Additional security features would be an improvement ... anyone on the same SSID with the WeMo app can control any outlet on that network. …
- Written by Chi L from Mineola
195 of 223 people found this useful
Good idea but not there yet:
1. You can not set it up remotely. In case your iPhone App crashed (or else), you cannot set WeMo up Good idea but not there yet:
1. You can not set it up remotely. In case your iPhone App crashed (or else), you cannot set WeMo up remotely. No web access, telnet..etc.
2. You cannot have more than one locations and controlled by the same App on iPhone.
3. Tech support not good. I emailed the (first) question above, they simply direct me to online support web page, which is useless.
I am returning my WeMo. …
- Written by James C from Riverside
154 of 165 people found this useful
Great Product. Wanting more now...
I just got home with my new WeMo switch. Easy to hook up. Secure once married to your wireless network. I wasn't sure it would wor I just got home with my new WeMo switch. Easy to hook up. Secure once married to your wireless network. I wasn't sure it would work away from home, but it works awesome over 3G / 4G with my VPN to home. It is like I am just there at home.
Wish it was a little cheaper in price, but works as advertised. The rules work good. I was worried the app would have to stay open to make it turn on and off with a rule. It looks like the switch has some smarts and knows what time it is.
Now I want about 10 more for the house. …
- Written by Jared C from Ontario
154 of 187 people found this useful
Worst Excecution of a Great Idea I've Ever Seen
Einstein said The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. That is also th Einstein said The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. That is also the description for the WeMo Setup. If you follow the directions you can get the WeMo network up. Getting the WeMo to recognize your WiFi network is highly problematic. After the 4th or 5th time it worked.
Mine also keeps saying there is a Software Update available even immediately after doing the update. I show that I have 1.12 so it should be current. FWIW after saying it had successfully installed the update, the iPhone App kept saying it was installing the update.
Now having done the update, the schedule works and I can operate the WeMo at home, but I can't turn on "Remote Access" Maybe it will work tomorrow!!!!! Insanity again. …
- Written by Joel S from PORTLAND
Awful product. Good idea, but it never works.
- Written by Thomas C from Toronto
These are horrible!
We have a large house and need home automation. This is terrible. We have four Apple Time capsules that all look like they are o We have a large house and need home automation. This is terrible. We have four Apple Time capsules that all look like they are one. It works perfectly. Belkin told me I had to separate the 2.4 form the 5 and rename all as different wifi for these to work. We did buy 8, but that is not a huge amount. Apple should not sell these. …
- Written by John H from Granada Hills
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I have 2 WeMo switches in separate rooms on one wifi and and operated by 1 cell phone.
- Asked by Joseph L from Brantford
- Nov 26, 2014
is the system accessed through an outside server? How secure is that server?
- Asked by Donald H from Etobicoke
- Nov 30, 2013
Can I connect multiple wemo switches from 2 different Wifi at 2 different sites using the same Wemo App on the same iphone?
- Asked by Boon T from Bulleen
- Apr 18, 2013
According to the Belkin website, it cannot. I wanted to do precisely what you wanted to at work and According to the Belkin website, it cannot. I wanted to do precisely what you wanted to at work and at home.
"Can my WeMo App control WeMo devices in different homes (on multiple networks)?
No, WeMo App cannot control other WeMo devices in different homes. Currently, an Android™ or iOS device can only control WeMo devices in one (1) location. To control WeMo devices in multiple locations, you will need another iOS or Android device for each location."
I tried and it did not work. I do not have another solution at this point, but I'm also looking for one. …
- Answered by William T from La Habra
- Aug 5, 2014
How much power does the unit use? (Use rather than control)
- Asked by Mark E from Hornsby Heights
- Jan 15, 2013
Can I connect this to 2 iPhones at the same time? Mine and Wife for example?
- Asked by Martin F from Plano
- Jan 26, 2013
Yes, you just have to install the app on each device. We currently have it running on two iphones a Yes, you just have to install the app on each device. We currently have it running on two iphones and 1 ipod touch. …
- Answered by Abcd A from Rockville
- Apr 15, 2013