Just like MacBook Air, BookBook is extra light and ultra-thin. This genuine leather case has rigid hardback covers with reinforced corners to protect MacBook Air from impacts, yet it weighs a mere 13.5 ounces. And its soft, chocolate brown, padded interior helps preserve the finish on your Mac.
You can use BookBook like a traditional sleeve. Or you can secure your MacBook Pro in place with the elastic corner bands, so you're free to use it without removing BookBook. This unique case also provides an additional level of security by disguising your MacBook Air as a vintage novel.
- One-of-a-kind case looks disguises MacBook Air as a vintage novel
- Genuine leather and hand-distressed finish
- Weighs as little as 13.5 ounces at slightly more than an inch thick
- Cornices provide a visual cue so you always open case right-side up
- Dual zippers allow access to ports on either side of MacBook Air
- Velvety, padded interior adds another element of protection
Did you notice?BookBook cleverly disguises your MacBook, helping to keep it out of sight when not in use.
Apple Recommends ForA handsome protective case for your MacBook that's durable yet light and ultra-thin.
What's in the Box?
- Twelve South 11" BookBook for MacBook Air (2nd Gen.)
- Form Factor: Hard Case
- Material: Leather
- Weight: 13.5 oz./382.72 g
- Mfr. Part Number: 12-1103
- UPC or EAN No.: 851522002245
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
Ratings & Reviews
this is what i was looking for, u can even charge your Mac while the laptop is inside the cover
- Written by ahmd A from vancouver
185 of 211 people found this useful
Like Fine Scotch
This case make me want to write a novel [with Scotch in-hand], and you how much engineers like to write documentation...
Seriou This case make me want to write a novel [with Scotch in-hand], and you how much engineers like to write documentation...
Seriously, very perfectly fitted - it adds just the right amount of protection that gives me confidence, but not too much as to compromise the slimness of the MacBook Air.
I generally like a technical clean look of a case, but this one brings a whole new dimension - it feels like a well worn wallet, the kind that just feels good when its in your hands. …
- Written by Tom S from Orchard Park
138 of 158 people found this useful
Best Case Ever
Wow... Have to hand it to the folks at Twelve South... this is the perfect case for the Air. The price does seem a tad high, but Wow... Have to hand it to the folks at Twelve South... this is the perfect case for the Air. The price does seem a tad high, but compared to the other offerings out there (all from like $40-60) it's really not so much more, and with free shipping, definitely worth it.
Only complaint is now my Mom wants one just for her papers and I'm concerned about the way she's eyeing mine... she's already proclaimed "it will be mine" someday. …
- Written by William J. M from Toronto
114 of 128 people found this useful
Book book case
My only complaint is that there is only straps to hold the top screen of the laptop, but none for the bottom. The laptop can slide My only complaint is that there is only straps to hold the top screen of the laptop, but none for the bottom. The laptop can slide out far too easily and by simply adding a couple elastic straps at the bottom this could have easily been resolved. Other than this the case is excellent. Also note the outer leather scratches very easily but this actually helps with its look. …
- Written by Kenneth Z from Crown Point
Like the cover & protects laptop
I really like this - use the laptop more because if I drop it, it has a better chance of survival. Also, that I'm carrying a desir I really like this - use the laptop more because if I drop it, it has a better chance of survival. Also, that I'm carrying a desirable mac laptop isn't quite as obvious in public places, which is a good thing. Does exactly what I hoped it would do, and still fits into the computer cases that the laptop fitted into. …
- Written by John H from East Lansing
3 of 3 people found this useful
I bought this case recently and I have to say it is very nice. I was looking out for some of the problems that were mentioned in t I bought this case recently and I have to say it is very nice. I was looking out for some of the problems that were mentioned in the reviews which I read in the reviews here, but I have not encountered any problems with it. The zip is not plastic as some reviewers indicated. It does not scratch the corners.
I give this thing a 5/5. Is it worth the price? Well, if you real want a good case for your MacBook Air, then it is worth. …
- Written by Richard K from Greensboro
3 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is there a concern for lack of ventilation with the Twelve South BookBook?
- Asked by Jessica G from Woodbury
- Nov 14, 2013
I have never experienced any difficulties. The spine doses move a bit off the back of the computer w I have never experienced any difficulties. The spine doses move a bit off the back of the computer when it's opened. …
- Answered by Ronald S from Lehi
- Nov 29, 2013
There is a lot of discussion about the fit for a MacBook Pro with Retina display. Do you think it fits well? Will it move or scratch against the zips?
- Asked by Kim P from Fitzroy North
- Oct 29, 2013
Hi Will this fit a macbook pro, not the Retina model?
- Asked by Danielle S from Tweed Heads South
- Oct 1, 2013
Twelve South does make BookBook cases for "unibody" MacBook Pros, but I'm not sure if Apple stocks o Twelve South does make BookBook cases for "unibody" MacBook Pros, but I'm not sure if Apple stocks or sells them. We're not allowed to paste URLs, but you can see the unibody MacBook Pro BookBook selection at twelvesouth dot com /products/bookbook …
- Answered by Julie G from Seattle
- Oct 5, 2013