Never replace batteries again with Mobee's magical wireless inductive charger for the Magic Mouse. The sleek and unobtrusive design lets your mouse rest easy on a sleek charging station that plugs in to a USB port. The set up takes just a minute.
A full charge takes approximately five hours and then lasts and lasts for worry-free pointing and clicking. Have to travel? No worries, because a full charge will last about six days. And if your trip is longer, the slim device is easily portable.
- Six days of autonomous power on a full charge
- Easy set up—can be completed in a minute
- USB powered
- Slim and light, so it's ideal for mobile users
- Go green and stop replacing AA batteries
Did you notice?A steady green LED means you’re fully charged and ready for action.
Apple Recommends ForUninterrupted use of your Magic Mouse without having to hunt down AA batteries.
What's in the Box?
- Battery pack
- Base station
- Mini USB cable
- Connections: USB
- Height: 0.35 in./0.9cm
- Width: 2.55 in./6.5cm
- Weight: 1.94 oz./55g (Base station); 1.30 oz./37g (Replacement battery pack)
- Length: 4.64 in./11.8cm
- Mfr. Part Number: M02212
- UPC or EAN No.: 661799027915
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
Ratings & Reviews
More of an $$$ gadget than useful
I bought 2 of these units for our iMacs. The initial install was OK and the unit worked. The specs said that it works up to 6 da I bought 2 of these units for our iMacs. The initial install was OK and the unit worked. The specs said that it works up to 6 days without a recharge, so I decided to push it and see how long it goes. After 4 days, the Mac battery level was reading 9%, so I decided to charge it. The first overnight charge was OK, back to 100% and the light on the charger was solid green. The 2nd (and subsequent) charges worked, but the green flashing light did not go solid.
My test was to turn off the mouse and let it charge. It worked and the green light went solid after a night charge. When the mouse is left on (on/off switch), then the charger thinks it's not fully charged and keeps flashing.
A few things to remember:
- The unit comes with a USB cable for charging, but no charger. They assume that you will use your Mac or laptop to charge it. If your Mac goes to sleep, the port goes dead and you can not charge the unit. You need an external power supply such as iPhone charger.
- Rechargeable batteries are 1.25 volts rather than 1.5 volts of a AA battery, so your battery gauge on the Mac is inaccurate.
- Since the unit uses electronics for charging, your battery is even smaller and has less of a lifetime than 2 AA rechargeables. I recommend charging every other night to be safe.
Their tech support says that it's working the way it should, and if I turn off the mouse while charging, or take the battery back out and leave it on the charger by itself (their suggestion) the light goes to solid green but if I leave the mouse on, the light keeps flashing. I personally don't know anyone who turns off their mouse or takes the batteries out every night. …
- Written by Sean A from Escondido
1373 of 1486 people found this useful
Works great when it works. When it doesn't, contact Mobee.
I had my Mobee Charger since it was released (about 6-7 weeks). Initially, it worked great. It would charge without issues and my I had my Mobee Charger since it was released (about 6-7 weeks). Initially, it worked great. It would charge without issues and my Magic Mouse stayed connected. At about 4 weeks, I started having issues with the mouse disconnecting. This problem became more frequent until then it would not even charge correctly. I contacted Mobee and they agreed that I had a defective product. They promptly replaced it (kudos to them), and so far it has worked well for the past week or so. Let's hope I just got unlucky and that this replacement will continue to work well. …
- Written by Camilo M from Arcadia
649 of 727 people found this useful
Amazing product !!!
I have an office of 26 employees who use the magic mouse daily , the Mobee magic charger saves us money and time ,and ofcourse its I have an office of 26 employees who use the magic mouse daily , the Mobee magic charger saves us money and time ,and ofcourse its GREEN ! keep up the good work MOBEE !...We do need a charger for keyboard too plz ! …
- Written by jonathan S
450 of 608 people found this useful
CAUTION: Disconnection Issues, returned to rechargeable batteries
After about a month of use, the Mobee Magic Charger began to cause issues with Bluetooth connectivity. After searching through th After about a month of use, the Mobee Magic Charger began to cause issues with Bluetooth connectivity. After searching through the Apple forums and trying all the solutions to keep my Magic Mouse connected, and none of them fixing the issue while continuing to use Mobee, I simply took the Mobee battery pack off the mouse and returned to using rechargeable batteries, and have had no issues with connectivity since. Perhaps this is a glitch with my particular unit (given all the glowing reviews here) but regardless, if it's an issue for one, it's probably an issue for many. Proceed with this caution in mind. …
- Written by Anthony C from O Fallon
2 of 2 people found this useful
A bit disappointed!
I think it had never charge to 100%. I used it 3 times, and now, after a night of charge, it's only at 80%... A bit disappointed!
- Written by Catherine S from Longueuil
Wow - Awesome!
Ok.. some other reviews made me nervous.. but WOW!!! It's awesome.. works great... smooth... quieter slide than apples battery enc Ok.. some other reviews made me nervous.. but WOW!!! It's awesome.. works great... smooth... quieter slide than apples battery enclosure cover too. Charges likety split.. right out of the box. Lasted my whole day plus.. And I work baby! It's a bit faster and more responsive too. The platform that you just set your mouse down on is sleek and gorgeous just like an Apple product. Now.. no more batteries... always charged.. always great! Thank you Mobee!!!! MAGIC charger for the MAGIC mouse! …
- Written by Jack N from Rocky River
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does it come with a USB power adapter
- Asked by Ben K from Ypsilanti
- Jul 21, 2014
It comes with a USB cable that you can plug into any USB port, but doesn't come with a power brick t It comes with a USB cable that you can plug into any USB port, but doesn't come with a power brick that plugs into a household outlet and provides a USB port. In other words, you need to provide the USB port to plug the cable into. …
- Answered by Caleb S from Catonsville
- Aug 29, 2014
Can the batteries be charged at any time or do they need to be low before charging?
- Asked by Kevin K from Long Beach
- Jan 2, 2012
Yes, you can charge the battery at any time, you don't need to wait a low battery
- Answered by Mobee T
- Jan 13, 2012
Do the batteries inside the mouse have to be replaced?
- Asked by Tobi S from Prineville
- Sep 24, 2014
No, They are encased in a holder. Just put in the mouse and forget.
- Answered by Paul D
- Oct 10, 2014
How many charge cycles are specified for the battery pack?
- Asked by Harald G. S
- May 6, 2011
500 cycles as-per-website video...
- Answered by Brian M from Anchorage
- May 22, 2011
How long does it take to charge the batteries?
- Asked by Janis L from Terre Haute
- Feb 17, 2012
To quote the details just above!
A full charge takes approximately five hou To quote the details just above!
A full charge takes approximately five hours and then lasts and lasts for worry-free pointing and clicking. Have to travel? No worries, because a full charge will last about six days. And if your trip is longer, the slim device is easily portable. …
- Answered by Doug S from Lake Villa
- Mar 2, 2012
Do the batteries actually have to be in the mouse to charge on the charger?
- Asked by Janis L from Terre Haute
- Feb 17, 2012
No the battery pack can be charged directly on the charging station.
- Answered by Mobee T
- Jan 10, 2013