Delivering excellent graphics performance across a broad range of design, animation and video applications, Quadro 4000 for Mac allows you to do more, faster. NVIDIA professional software technologies such as CUDA™ and optimized drivers enable Quadro GPUs to dramatically accelerate applications such as Premier Pro CS5, where you can streamline your production workflow by previewing and editing multiple layers of high definition video in real-time.
Better, faster results
With GPU accelerated professional applications such as DaVinci Resolve, Autodesk Smoke and Mathworks Matlab available on the Mac, Quadro 4000 for Mac enables you to deliver higher quality results in less time.
The Quadro 4000 for Mac is based on the groundbreaking NVIDIA Fermi architecture. Featuring the Scalable Geometry Engine and 256 CUDA parallel processing cores, it delivers best-in-class performance for graphics-intensive and compute-intensive applications. Fast double precision, a unique Quadro feature, will enable high accuracy and fast results critical for a number of CAE or Scientific applications such as Matlab. Additionally, 2GB of high-speed memory enables smooth interactivity with large datasets.
Featuring DisplayPort and DVI connectors, you get maximum flexibility in display connectivity. A dedicated 3-pin miniDIN connector enables a robust glitch-free for 3D stereoscopic viewing experience.
In addition, when employing Apple Boot Camp, users can experience the full features and accelerated performance of native Quadro professional 3D graphics when running Windows based professional applications.
Built for Mac Pro
Designed, tested, and built by NVIDIA for the Mac Pro, Quadro 4000 for Mac gives professionals the highest performance in its class, most advanced capabilities and greatest reliability. With Quadro your work flows design, iterate and deliver higher quality results in less time.
- Supercharge your CUDA based applications such as Adobe Premier Pro CS5, Photoshop CS5, DaVinci Resolve, Autodesk AutoCAD and more
- Interact smoothly with large datasets enabled by the 2GB of high-speed memory
- Enable a robust 3D Stereoscopic viewing experience on your 3D Stereo-capable display through a dedicated 3pin miniDIN connector
- Fast double precision, a unique Quadro feature, enables high accuracy and fast results critical for a number of CAE or Scientific applications
- Experience native Quadro professional 3D graphics performance when running Windows based applications using Boot Camp
- Low-power, single-slot design allowing for up to two cards in one system for application performance scaling or connecting four displays
- View your work up to 2560x1600 (@60Hz) resolution
- Connect to mini-DisplayPort displays through the included adapter cable
- Simple setup and operation
Did you notice?Unique fast double precision enables high accuracy and fast results critical for a number of CAE or Scientific applications.
Apple Recommends ForHD video editing with Premier Pro CS4 or CS5, especially if you're working with multiple layers of HD content.
What's in the Box?
- NVIDIA Quadro 4000 for Mac graphics card
- DisplayPort to mini-DisplayPort cable
- DisplayPort to DVI-D (single link) cable
- DVI to VGA adapter
- 6-pin auxiliary power cable
- 3D Stereo Bracket
- Install CD with graphics and CUDA drivers and Installation Guide
- Quick start guide
- Connections: DVI-D, VESA DisplayPort
- Height: 4.376 in./11.12 cm
- Width: 0.57 in./1.45 cm
- Weight: 1.25 lb./0.57 kg
- Length: 9.5 in./24.13 cm
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- Mac Pro (early 2008) or later (model Mac Pro 3.1 or later)
- Available PCI Express 2.0 slot
- Mfr. Part Number: VCQ4000MAC-PB
- UPC or EAN No.: 751492488554
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three years
- To ensure optimal performance, NVIDIA and PNY have released a new v256 driver for all Quadro for Mac products shipped before January 10, 2011. Please download this free update at www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
Ratings & Reviews
i work in 3D visual effects, post production, and graphics.
this video card works fantastic under Windows 7. the Windows drive i work in 3D visual effects, post production, and graphics.
this video card works fantastic under Windows 7. the Windows drivers for the Quadro are finely tuned and allow particular applications to take full advantage of the video card.
under OS X, the card is NOT worth the premium cost. my ATI 5870 performs better in applications that the Quadro 4000 is suppose to work better with. for the life of me, i can't understand why Nvidia/Apple can't get these drivers right under OS X. its the same story, Quadro release after Quadro release. Nvidia and Apple just don't seem to care. my current 2010 12-core Mac Pro might be my very last Apple desktop. i just can't justify the Apple tax anymore if Apple isn't going to provide basic stuff professionals need. it just seems like Apple is drifting farther and farther away from the professional market.....so disappointing.
another extremely annoying thing is that i can't have my ATI 5870 and Quadro 4000 running at the same time. the Mac Pro only has two 6-pin power cables!!!! what's with that!! are you kidding me??!!
and why is apple charging $400 more than every other vendor for this graphics card? what a joke....please, do yourself a favor and do your research before you buy. …
- Written by MUBARIK A from Troy
319 of 345 people found this useful
Waste of money for After Effects
We purchased these cards for our studio because of a recommendation from Apple tec support. After installing them, we started run We purchased these cards for our studio because of a recommendation from Apple tec support. After installing them, we started running some tests against the Radeon 5570 that comes in the new mac pros. For $1100, we gained 21 seconds on a 9 and a half minute render. Also after updating OSX to 10.6.7, it conveniently didn't work with the card. We could no longer use a second monitor without reverting back to an older version. It also was slower while using 64bit Maya 2011. It reduced our frame rate and did not improve render times. Also we repeatedly tried to contact PNY to see if we had set the cards up incorrectly, but our calls were never returned nor were our e-mails responded to. We would not recommend this card at all for a professional motion graphics artist. …
- Written by Christopher S from Columbus
248 of 269 people found this useful
Buy this card if you want to waste time and money...
I bought this card in hopes it would help speed up my workload and all I did for 3 weeks was troubleshoot this card on my own beca I bought this card in hopes it would help speed up my workload and all I did for 3 weeks was troubleshoot this card on my own because Apple, NVIDIA and PNY all thought it was the other companies problem and gave me the run around. Here's what you get for 1200$... Mac side: 1. screen tears constantly, 2. complete system lock ups, 3. audio drivers disappearing when coming over from bootcamp, 4. no support!
And to top it off if you do a system reformat you need to put in your old card to do so.
PC side works great but if I wanted a PC I would have bought a PC!
I 've never been so disappointed in Apple for not making sure PNY had their ducks in a row with their drivers before selling this useless 1200+ dollar card on their site. This card came out 4 months ago and still they have not fixed the drivers! …
- Written by David S from Palm Harbor
227 of 245 people found this useful
I thought I had a partner in 3D
Nothing of that for my Mac Pro and 3D programs.
The performance of this card is disappointing and this card
made by PNY left me Nothing of that for my Mac Pro and 3D programs.
The performance of this card is disappointing and this card
made by PNY left me behind after two and a half year,
it was completely broken. …
- Written by Theo M from Leidschendam
Worked until recently
I don't know what happened as I had this card for about year then all of the sudden my second monitor flickers intermittently then I don't know what happened as I had this card for about year then all of the sudden my second monitor flickers intermittently then cuts out. Really annoyed and disappointing outcome. …
- Written by Brian F from Shrewsbury
Quadro 4000 firmware doesn't support Raytracing in Adobe AE CS6
I had one for 3 months, its fast but in After Effects CS6 it does not support Raytracing. Older Quadro 4000s are fine but for some I had one for 3 months, its fast but in After Effects CS6 it does not support Raytracing. Older Quadro 4000s are fine but for some reason newer Quadro cards have issues. There are blogs that state the firmware changed at some point which hampers Raytracing. I tried all the different drivers etc. to now avail.
Look for the Sapphire HD 7950 Mac edition …
- Written by Alexander B from Clarence Park
4 of 7 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this card work with OS X 10.9?
- Asked by Casey S from Westlake Village
- Oct 25, 2013
Yes. Using it right now
- Answered by Valdi S
- Mar 24, 2014
Will NVIDIA Quadro 4000 for Ma the card work with a mac pro 1.1
- Asked by Jonathan M from Taunton
- Aug 22, 2011
Will only work with MacPro3,1 and up with 10.6 drivers from Nvidia.
- Answered by Ken K from Auckland
- Feb 18, 2013
Tested - It does NOT work on macpro2,1 10.6 drivers by Nvidia. Only3,1 and up.
- Answered by Ken K from Auckland
- Feb 18, 2013
Is there an advantage of running Two of this cards simultaneously on a new mac pro? if so, what is it?
- Asked by Carlos F from Los Angeles
- Nov 17, 2010
If you're using applications that take advantage of nVidia's CUDA (parallel processing) technology, If you're using applications that take advantage of nVidia's CUDA (parallel processing) technology, then yes. Adding a second card doubles the number of available CUDA cores. If your app doesn't use CUDA, then it would need to be specifically written to make use of multiple graphics cards in order to see a significant benefit.
Aside from that, having a second card can give other benefits. Aside from supporting more monitors, you can improve your system's performance on even a dual-monitor setup just by using a separate video card for each screen. …
- Answered by Trilo B from San Francisco
- Nov 25, 2010
can you install this mac book pro 13 inch early 2011 model
- Asked by Michael N from Kailau
- Nov 25, 2012
- Answered by Cameron O
- May 16, 2013
I have two 30" Cinema Displays running to my 2009 Mac Pro (the one with 4 ram slots not 8). Can the nVidia QUADRO 4000 2GB support both monitors?
- Asked by Elliot C from Brooklyn
- Jul 18, 2012