Create and track sales and purchases, handle all your banking, process payroll, inventory and jobs, track and bill time, actively manage your customers and access over 200 financial reports to start and maintain a well-organized, successful small business with AccountEdge for Mac (previously known as MYOB).
AccountEdge integrates fully with available Business Services that allow your small business to accept credit cards from your invoice, offer direct deposit to your employees, pay your vendors electronically, print certified payroll forms, or elect to eFile, and/or sign up for full-service payroll.
AccountEdge Network Edition (included) is virtually identical to AccountEdge, except it's optimized for use over a Mac OS X network. If more than one person needs simultaneous access to your company files, then AccountEdge Network Edition is the perfect solution.
New for 2012
- Redesigned Command Center—AccountEdge’s command center has a new design that emphasizes usability.
- Mileage Tracking—Whether you depreciate your vehicle, reimburse for mileage, or bill your clients for miles driven, you can use AccountEdge to track your mileage.
- Multiple Billing Rates—Create a matrix of billing rates, by activity, employee, and customer, so that you can charge different rates for the same activity.
- New custom invoice and statement templates.
- Web Store integration enhancements.
- Accounting, bookkeeping, banking, and checking
- Sales and receivables, purchases, and payables
- Comprehensive inventory
- Professional time billing and integrated payroll
- Contact management and customizable invoices
- Credit card processing (additional fees apply)
- Retainers and progress billing
- AccountEdge Mobile for iPad and iPhone
- Enstore web store integration
Did you notice?If you're accustomed to the ease of using a Mac, you'll feel right at home with AccountEdge. Even if you're not a seasoned Mac user, you'll be able to navigate the software like a pro in no time.
Apple Recommends ForFrom a flower shop to a design studio to a custom furniture manufacturer, AccountEdge lets you use your Mac to handle all of your accounting necessities while growing with your business.
What's in the Box?
- AccountEdge 2012 Installer CD
- Getting started guide
- Support and services guide
- Internet Access : Some Features Require Internet Access
- Media : CD
- Mac OS X v10.5 or later
- Intel processor
- 250MB of free hard-drive space for program installation; minimum of 35MB of space for each company file
- 1 GB RAM or more
- 1024 by 768 resolution with thousands of colors
- PDF viewer such as Preview or Adobe Reader
- Web browser such as Safari or Firefox
- QuickTime 5 or later
- Mfr. Part Number : MEUAM
- UPC or EAN No. : 735446701197
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
Ratings & Reviews
Great but getting even better
I have been using AccountEdge for my consulting business from it's first release. I do time billing and it is easy to create time tickets for each client job then convert them into invoices. Some of the special features is my data file can be opened on my Mac but my accountant can also open it on his windows PC. He particularly loves that I can provide an accountant link file that can be imported into Caseware for doing a year end. I also have the free AccountEdge Mobile app for my iPhone that let's me do lots of things then send the information to AccountEdge. Support by Acclivity, who service and develop AccountEdge, has been excellent. It is nice to deal with a company that really demonstrates a caring for me, the customer. …
- Written by Ross B from NORTH VANCOUVER
140 of 145 people found this useful
What I think of AccountEdge
I have been using AccountEdge since 1995, back when it was known as MYOB. It has the friendliest user interface by far when compar ed to Simply Accounting, Moneyworks or QuickBooks. When you open up AccountEdge the main window is elegantly designed to provide the end user with a clean approach to bookkeeping. It presents all the command centres across the top; accounts, banking, sales, time billing, purchases, payroll, inventory and card file(s). By clicking on an individual command centre it shows you the different functions pertaining to it. Also, the bottom of this main window remains the same from centre to centre where you can access to do lists, find transactions, access reports and do some quick analysis. This bottom area is also linked so if you are in the sales command centre the reports button will take you to sales reports directly, if you are in purchasing then it takes you to purchasing reports. Very intuitive. Not like the start screens found in Simply Accounting, Moneyworks or QuickBooks that resemble venn diagrams more than a clean, intuitive bookkeeping interface.
Over the years AccountEdge has become more feature rich, whether it be in a sales or purchasing workflow, the addition of time billing, the ability to use a mobile version on your iPhone or iPad, being able to integrate with POS systems like Checkout or LightSpeed or CRM packages like Daylight. The inventory model is robust, entering payroll is a simple matter of 1-2-3 with the added bonus of processing T4s at year end. Monthly bank reconciliations are quick because you can import bank or credit card statements into AccountEdge. As is the preparation of bank deposits. AccountEdge also offers a multitude of reports that are readily exportable into Excel. Reminder logs, printing mailing labels, the Company Data Auditor, Business Insights, being able to customize forms and the freedom to import or export information are the icing on the cake. The fact that your accountant gets a free copy. Priceless.
If you are running your business on a Mac, you owe it to yourself to investigate how AccountEdge will benefit you and your business. …
- Written by Steven H from Calgary
141 of 150 people found this useful
Way better than Quick Books
I was using MYOB (AccountEdge) and then switched to Quick Books. Huge mistake. Going back to AccountEdge.
- Written by Astraia M from Las Vegas
74 of 90 people found this useful
To the best of my knowledge and research, neither the OSX or Windows version will Copy/Paste text!!! A known bug they've ignored for years...UNBELIEVABLE!
I got the demo version of AccountEdge because it was good for OSX. The UI is great. Feature set...nice. Basic useability...a complete bust! Should I move forward...hoping they did the hard stuff right...when they blew it completely on the basics???
Thank goodness I didn't buy this loser! C'mon...this is 2013. Don't waste your time. I got 12-14 hours into set-up and input, only to discover gross, pitiful flaws like this! The way I see it...they owe me a thousand dollars!
Color me...shocked, disappointed and bitter. …
- Written by Mark K from Buena Park
6 of 8 people found this useful
You won't be buying this program once, but every year!
Having used this accounting software for over 15 years, the only complaint is that you will need to purchase an upgrade (aprox 100 .) and the tax tables ($250) every year after. Even a simple 2% change in tax laws cannot be done on your own. The only way to make this change is either manually adjusting every paycheck every week or being held hostage to their upgrade & tax table charges. I am not sure if this is common practice with other accouting software companies, but you should factor this in as an extra annual espense if you purchase this software. …
- Written by Joe R from Hamburg
36 of 38 people found this useful
Sales tax field is weak.
The sales tax on an invoice is based on the ship to address. You have to manually change the sales tax on an invoice to the correc t tax code. The software only links to the billing address. Also you can not seach for a sale by the ship to address. …
- Written by RICHARD D from Towaco
16 of 16 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Jeffrey W from Richmond
- Mar 29, 2013
No answers yet
- Asked by Mohammadreza A from Toronto
- Nov 19, 2012
No answers yet
Yes , it does track for every provinces GST & PST.
Very easy to set up new taxes and change rates
- Answered by Louis C from Prevost
- Sep 28, 2012
Works very well, at least for canadian payroll
- Answered by Louis C from Prevost
- Aug 18, 2012
- Asked by Jack S from Kennewick
- Mar 1, 2011
yes, no problem, same database
- Answered by Louis C from Prevost
- Mar 1, 2012