Originally released June 2012
15.4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Hi-Res antiglare widescreen display, 1680-by-1050 resolution
8GB (2 x 4GB) of 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM
750GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm
8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory
Apple Certified Refurbished Products
- Quality products/great prices
- Stringent refurbishment process prior to sale
- Covered by Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty
- AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased
- Supplies are limited
Learn more about Apple Certified Refurbished Products.
|Processor||2.7 GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz)|
|Cache||8MB shared L3 cache|
|Memory||8GB (2x4GB) of 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM|
|Graphics||Intel HD Graphics 4000 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory|
|Storage1||750GB Serial ATA, 5400 rpm|
|Optical drive||8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)|
|Wireless||Wi-Fi (based on IEEE 802.11n specification)2 Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology|
|Expansion||One Thunderbolt port (up to 10 Gbps), one FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps), Two USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps), one SDXC card slot|
|Video and Audio||FaceTime HD camera; Thunderbolt port with support for DVI, VGA, dual-link DVI, and HDMI (requires adapters, sold separately)
Stereo speakers with subwoofer, omnidirectional microphone, Audio line in (digital / analog), Audio line out (digital / analog), Support for Apple iPhone headset with remote and microphone.
|Size and weight||Height: .95 inches (2.41 cm)
Width: 14.35 inches (36.4 cm)
Depth: 9.82 inches (24.9 cm)
Weight (standard configuration): 5.6 pounds (2.56 kg)3
State-of-the-art comes standard.
The 15-inch MacBook Pro features the latest quad-core Intel Core i7 processors. Built on a new 22-nanometer process, Intel’s third-generation Core architecture keeps the processor, cache, graphics processor, and a faster-than-ever 1600MHz memory controller on a single chip. Since data doesn’t have as far to travel, you can fly through demanding tasks like editing HD video, compiling audio, or rendering a multilayered image file.
Thunderbolt. Data transfer is now lightning fast.
Thunderbolt technology gives you a single connection that carries both DisplayPort and PCI Express. With two 10-Gbps data channels, you can transfer data up to 12 times faster than with FireWire 800. And don’t worry about a single drive or peripheral tying up the Thunderbolt port: You can daisy-chain as many as six devices, including your display. So with one tiny, streamlined port, you get lightning-fast transfer speeds and huge expansion capabilities.
FaceTime HD camera. Say “hi” in high def.
Get more of your friends in on the fun with crisp, widescreen HD video. The picture is so clear, it will look and feel almost like you’re in the same room. You can make 720p HD calls from your MacBook Pro to any Mac with a FaceTime HD camera. You can also make video calls to iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch, and other Intel-based Mac computers.4
A long-lasting battery. Charge less. Do more.
MacBook Pro delivers amazing battery life. And that’s with more powerful processors and faster graphics than ever. An energy-efficient processor architecture with an integrated video encoder, along with automatic graphics switching in the 15-inch model, helps improve battery life. So you can get up to 7 hours on a single charge.5
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase. When you need assistance that is not provided by your manuals, through onscreen or online help, or by fax, please call: 800-APL-CARE. Your telephone support includes 90 days of assistance for Apple-branded products6. Our trained staff is ready to help you with the installation and basic use of your Apple product.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
- Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Requires a FaceTime-enabled iOS device with a Wi-Fi connection or a FaceTime-enabled Mac with an Internet connection and FaceTime for Mac software (may require separate purchase). Not available in all areas.
- Wireless web testing conducted by Apple in May 2012 using preproduction 2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 15-inch MacBook Pro units and preproduction 2.9GHz dual-core Intel Core i7–based 13-inch MacBook Pro units. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 50%. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- Following the 90 day support period, you may be asked to provide a credit card or other payment method.
- Refurbished MacBook Pro
- 85W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
- Display polishing cloth
- Printed and electronic documentation
Mac OS X
Includes Mail, Address Book, iCal, the Mac App Store, iTunes, Safari, Time Machine, FaceTime, Photo Booth, Mission Control, Launchpad, AirDrop, Resume, Auto Save, Versions, Quick Look, Spotlight, QuickTime, and more.
Apple's award-winning suite of digital lifestyle applications, including:
Note: Other software may or may not be included with refurbished products, subject to availability.