Originally released October 2012
Bluetooth 4.0 technology
7.9-inch LED-backlit display
5-megapixel iSight camera
FaceTime HD camera
1080p HD video recording
Dual-core A5 chip
10-hour battery life
Smart covers (sold separately), instant on
.69 pound and 0.28 inch
Apple Certified Refurbished Products
- Quality products at great prices
- Rigorous refurbishment process prior to sale
- Covered by Apple's one-year limited warranty
- Covered by Apple's 14-day returns policy
- AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased
- Engraving and gift wrap not available for refurbished iPads
- Supplies are limited
The full iPad experience. There’s less of it, but no less to it.
Everything you love about iPad — the beautiful screen, fast and fluid performance, FaceTime and iSight cameras, thousands of amazing apps, 10-hour battery life — is everything you’ll love about iPad mini, too. And you can hold it in one hand.
Beautiful 7.9-inch display. A screen worthy of iPad.
Colors are vivid and text is sharp on the iPad mini display. But what really makes it stand out is its size. At 7.9 inches, it’s perfectly sized to deliver an experience every bit as big as iPad.
Over 300,000 apps. If it’s made for iPad, it’s made for iPad mini.
Right from the start, apps made for iPad also work with iPad mini. They’re immersive, full-screen apps that let you do almost anything you can imagine. And they make iPad mini practically impossible to put down.
Ultrafast Wireless. Fast connections. The world over.
With advanced Wi-Fi that’s up to twice as fast as any previous-generation iPad and access to fast cellular data networks around the world, iPad mini lets you download content, stream video, and browse the web at amazing speeds.
FaceTime and iSight cameras. With two built-in cameras, every side is its good side.
With FaceTime built into iPad mini, you can make a video call over Wi‑Fi or cellular. The front-facing FaceTime HD camera gives everyone a great view of you, while the iSight camera on the back lets you show others what you’re seeing.
iOS. The world’s most advanced mobile operating system.
At the core of every iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch is iOS. It includes all the built-in apps you use every day and all the intuitive technology — like Multi‑Touch and Siri — that makes iPad mini so advanced.
iCloud. Your content. On all your devices.
iCloud is built right into iPad mini. Just turn it on and you’ll have instant access to all the things you need, whether you’re on your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Mac, or PC.
AirPlay. Play it on your iPad mini. Watch it on your HDTV.
All the great stuff on your iPad mini — your music, photos, and videos — can stream wirelessly to your HDTV and speakers via Apple TV or to AirPlay-enabled speakers over a Wi‑Fi network.
Dictation. Talking is the new typing.
Write an email. Send a text. Search the web. Or create a note. And do it all with only your voice. Instead of typing, tap the microphone icon on the keyboard. Then say what you want to say while your iPad mini listens. When you’re done, tap anywhere on the screen and, just like that, your spoken words become written words. Dictation also works with third-party apps, so you can do things like update your Facebook status or share a thought on your Twitter feed.
|Model||Refurbished iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular|
|Processor||Dual-core Apple A5 chip|
|Display||7.9‑inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Multi‑Touch display with IPS technology, 1024-by-768 resolution at 163 pixels per inch (ppi), Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating|
|Cameras, Photos, and Video Recording||FaceTime HD Camera: 1.2MP photos, 720p HD video, FaceTime video calling over Wi‑Fi or cellular1, Face detection, Backside illumination, Tap to control exposure for video or still images, Photo and video geotagging
iSight Camera: 5MP photos, Autofocus, Face detection, Backside illumination, Five-element lens, Hybrid IR filter, ƒ/2.4 aperture, Tap to focus video or still images, Tap to control exposure for video or still images, Photo and video geotagging
Video Recording: 1080p HD video recording, Video stabilization, Face detection, Tap to focus while recording, Backside illumination
|Battery & Power2||Built-in 16.3-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery, Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi‑Fi, watching video, or listening to music, Charging via power adapter or USB to computer system|
|Input and Output||Lightning Connector, 3.5-mm stereo headphone minijack, Built-in speakers, Microphone, Nano-SIM card tray|
|Sensors||Three-axis gyro, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor|
|Wireless & Cellular||802.11a/b/g/n Wi‑Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
Model A1454: GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz), UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz), LTE (Bands 4 and 17)
Model A1455: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1900, 2100 MHz), GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz), UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz)
LTE (Bands 1, 3, 5, 13, 25), Data only6
|Audio Playback||Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz, Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV, User-configurable maximum volume limit|
|TV and Video||AirPlay mirroring and video out to Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation)
Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 1080p through Lightning Digital AV Adapter and Lightning to VGA Adapter (adapters sold separately)
Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG‑4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
|Mail Attachment Support||Viewable document types: .jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .rtf (rich text format); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel)|
|Languages||Language support for English (U.S.), English (UK), Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
Keyboard support for English (U.S.), English (Australian), English (Canadian), English (UK), Chinese - Simplified (Handwriting, Pinyin, Stroke), Chinese - Traditional (Handwriting, Pinyin, Zhuyin, Cangjie, Stroke), French, French (Canadian), French (Switzerland), German (Germany), German (Switzerland), Italian, Japanese (Romaji, Kana), Korean, Spanish, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cherokee, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Emoji, Estonian, Finnish, Flemish, Greek, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Cyrillic/Latin), Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Tibetan, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
Dictionary support (enables predictive text and autocorrect) for English (U.S.), English (Australian), English (Canadian), English (UK), Chinese - Simplified (Handwriting, Pinyin, Stroke), Chinese - Traditional (Handwriting, Pinyin, Zhuyin, Cangjie, Stroke), French, French (Canadian), French (Switzerland), German (Germany), German (Switzerland), Italian, Japanese (Romaji, Kana), Korean, Spanish, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cherokee, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, Flemish, Greek, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Cyrillic/Latin), Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
Siri language support for English (U.S., UK, Canada, Australia), Spanish (U.S., Mexico, Spain), French (France, Canada, Switzerland), German (Germany, Switzerland), Italian (Italy, Switzerland), Japanese, Korean, Mandarin (Mainland China, Taiwan), Cantonese (Hong Kong)
|Location||Wi-Fi; Digital compass, Assisted GPS and GLONASS, Cellular|
|Accessibility||VoiceOver screen reader, Guided Access, Support for playback of closed-captioned content, AssistiveTouch interface for adaptive accessories, Full-screen zoom magnification, Large text, Option to invert colors, Left/right volume adjustment|
|Size & Weight4||Height: 7.87 inches, Width: 5.3 inches, Depth: 0.28 inch, Weight: .69 pound|
Need Assistance?We want you to be satisfied with your purchase. When you need assistance that is not provided by your manuals, through onscreen or online help, or by fax, please call: 800-APL-CARE. Your telephone support includes 90 days of assistance for Apple-branded products5. Our trained staff is ready to help you with the installation and basic use of your Apple product.
- FaceTime video calling requires a FaceTime-enabled device for the caller and recipient and a Wi‑Fi connection. Availability over a cellular network depends on carrier policies; data charges may apply.
- Testing conducted by Apple in October 2012 using preproduction iPad (4th generation) units and software. Testing consisted of full battery discharge while performing each of the following tasks: video playback, audio playback, and Internet browsing using Wi‑Fi or cellular data network. Video content was a repeated 2-hour 23-minute movie purchased from the iTunes Store. Audio content was a playlist of 358 unique songs, consisting of a combination of songs imported from CDs using iTunes (128-Kbps AAC encoding) and songs purchased from the iTunes Store (256-Kbps AAC encoding). Internet over Wi‑Fi and cellular data network tests were conducted using dedicated web and mail servers, browsing snapshot versions of 20 popular web pages, and receiving mail once an hour. All settings were default except: Wi‑Fi was associated with a network (except for Internet browsing over cellular data network); the Wi‑Fi feature Ask to Join Networks and Auto-Brightness were turned off. Battery life depends on device settings, usage, and many other factors. Battery tests are conducted using specific iPad units; actual results may vary.
- Wireless broadband recommended; fees may apply.
- Actual size and weight vary by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Following the 90 day support period, you may be asked to provide a credit card or other payment method.
- Cellular data plan is sold separately. The model you purchase is configured to work with a particular cellular network technology. Check with your carrier for compatibility and cellular data plan availability.
- Refurbished iPad mini
- Lightning to USB Cable
- USB Power Adapter
- Apple ID (required for some features)
- Internet access3
- Syncing with iTunes on a Mac or PC requires:
- Mac: OS X v10.6.8 or later
- PC: Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
- iTunes 10.7 or later
- Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
- Non-operating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
iPad mini embodies Apple’s continuing environmental progress. It is designed with the following features to reduce environmental impact:
- Mercury-free LCD display
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Recyclable aluminum enclosure
Corporate Gifts and Rewards
Sometimes a simple act of generosity can motivate employees, impress prospective clients, and lead to more loyal customers. Refurbished iPads are available for bulk sales intended for internal use or gifting. Contact your Apple representative and ask about Refurbished iPad availability and pricing: 1-877-275-IPOD.