I've been using mine for about a month now. Overall it's a pretty nice system, but does have a few quirks.
- The sound is really impressive. I'd expect nothing less from an iHome product, but it bears calling out.
- The alarm features are much more refined. You are able to set the wake-up volume, etc (whereas my previous ihome you usually hoped it would be at the right level).
- Can handle up to 3 devices (2 lightning and one usb). Really nice if you're a gadget nut.
- plugging in or unplugging a secondary device causes the primary device to reconnect. In other words, if i go to plug my ipad into the dock, my iphone will buzz as if its been reconnected.
- My primary device when the alarm is going off will also buzz / ring when the alarm is going off as if its reconnecting. I don't know if this is an issue with my system, but it's really annoying in the morning.
- secondary lightning dock is difficult to plug an ipad into (takes some jiggering) which is a result of how the connector is oriented.
- Secondary lightning dock is impossible to use if you have any kind of case on your ipad (i had a speck shell on mine, which is pretty thing). Often i end up using the usb port for my lightning cable so i don't wake my girlfriend up at night.
Bottom line, this is good if you have a bunch of devices, but there are some issues that still need to be worked out for the overall design.