So i've been a bit of a headphone enthusiast, spending money where I could save by purchasing beats, ibeats, beats pro, studio, etc. Anyways, for the price of the OCX 685i there's no other pair of headphones I would recommend more from my experience. Big pro on the comfort; they don't fall out, nor feel tiresome on my ears.
The sound quality is also fantastic at low to medium-high volumes. Since the base is less powerful than ibeats for example, there's less need to crank the volume for clarity anyhow. (Unless your hearing is damaged, in which case i'm sorry to hear that.) (ALSO sorry for that pun.) Hope this helps at all.
Just wanted to chime in and add that I've been using these for my runs, which go for about 30 min across various terrains. Overall I'd recommend them if you're primary use for them is working out, they give decent sound and stay put. Please feel free to read on for more details:
1. They stay in the ear canal comfortably. I had to switch to the larger silicone inserts but after that, they work great. I wear them on 30 min. runs with no problems at all. I also wear them at work for roughly 4 hours increments and they're still comfortable.
2. They don't jostle around while on the move. I was worried that while I was running they would move up and down and rub the ears, but they feel like they're staying put.
3. They have a controller at the y split. One of the things I didn't care for with the stock iPhone 5 headphones is that the sound controls/mic were on one side. With it on the y split of this I can get to the controls easily with either hand.
4. Low profile. I was also concerned that since they went over the ear that they'd have a really big profile, but once you get it behind the ear they aren't all that noticeable, especially when compared w/ other IEMs.
The Bad (or why it didn't get 5 stars)
1. The bass is lacking. I listen to trance and EDM, so a lot of my stuff loves having a nice full bass. While the bass isn't terrible, it could be better. I've had some IEMs that can make my head rumble while listening.
Due to the lower bass, I end up having to turn up the volume a bit more than on some other headphones. This isn't an end of the world thing at all, but I can't give these buds a 5 star with this shortcoming.
Overall, I would recommend these headphones if you're looking for a good workout pair. They'll also do for day to day use, but you might want some more bass.
I really like these headphones! They replaced the Monster iSports that I had.
Great over the ear design keeps them in no matter what you're doing. The cord doesn't pull them out and this also keeps it away from your face. They are really light and the most comfortable phones I've ever had. Controls are easy to access and click.
The sound is pretty good, but the upper mids are a bit harsh. I'm not a huge fan of sound signature, but I can live with it because the design makes up for it and the bass is good. Cable is a little thin but the build quality is great so they should last. A little better sound and these would be perfect. Worth the money.