Questions & Answers for Apple Composite AV Cable
490 Questions from the Community
What is the difference between component av cable and composite av cable
- Asked by Yong Won K from Orangeburg
- Dec 2, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the difference between component av cable and composite av cable)
The Composite AV has 3 connections to your TV - the combined video signal and audio left and right. The Component AV cable has 3 connectors for video (separated into Red, Blue and Green signals to produce a better picture) and the left and right audio connectors.
Most older TVs that have AV inputs will have a set of composite inputs as will as some HDTVs, but typically only HDTVs have the Component inputs. Check your TVs inputs to see what you need. If the input on the TV has only 3 connectors (yellow, white and red) it is composite and if there are 5 connectors in the input grouping together you need the component cable.
- Answered by Brian B from Montgomery
- Dec 2, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What is the difference between component av cable and composite av cable)
how do I hook up Ipad to Rca tv to watch Netflix movies
rca led lcd full hd tv
- Asked by Diane N from The Villages
- Aug 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I hook up Ipad to Rca tv to watch Netflix movies)
What is the best way to connect a iPhone 5 to an older stereo amplifier/receiver ?
- Asked by Raymond S from Lawrenceville
- Jul 2, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the best way to connect a iPhone 5 to an older stereo amplifier/receiver ?)
If you buy the Apple AV composite cable and a 30 pin to lightening adapter you have what you need. Connect the RCA cables to the back of your receiver where you would normally plug in a turntable or CD player. I would also buy a plug for the USB part of this cable system so that while you're listening to music, your iPhone 5 will be charging.
- Answered by Henry A from San Juan Capistrano
- Jul 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What is the best way to connect a iPhone 5 to an older stereo amplifier/receiver ?)
I have a new Toyota AyGo which has a MirrorLink display. I'm told you need to use the Appincar. Where do I get the special cable?
I have an iPhone 5s so it must work with the lightning connector. I think the cable connects the phone to both the USB and aux in sockets.
I have the Appincar app but I need the cable as well
No answers yet
is this compatible with Ipod touch 3rd gen, ios 5?
- Asked by Mehmet B from Murray
- Oct 24, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (is this compatible with Ipod touch 3rd gen, ios 5?)
yes it is. if your ipod touch is 8 or 16gb, then it is 2nd gen, and can only go to 4.2.1, but if it is a 3rd gen for certain, then yes, it can go to iOS 5.1
- Answered by Sander B from Colorado Springs
- Jun 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is this compatible with Ipod touch 3rd gen, ios 5?)
It will work with any TV that has the available inputs.
- Answered by Michael S from Apo
- May 31, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Would this also work with a LG tv or does it only work with apple tvs??)
Can you watch movies from the netflix app and stream them to your tv?
- Asked by Madison B from Wildwood
- Dec 31, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you watch movies from the netflix app and stream them to your tv?)
YES you can connect the AV COMPONENT CABLES to any ipad, iphone or ipod touch & then to your tv. but as far as i know once you hook up the cables you will only be able to see the video on one device at a time... i hope this answers your questions.
- Answered by Timothy B from Oxford
- Jan 22, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can you watch movies from the netflix app and stream them to your tv?)
Just tested this Composite AV Cable with Iphone4 (gsmA1332)IOS6.Netflix, Youtube(also tested with Safari), BBC iplayer global and Veetle only sound working no picture. Tried with two other Iphones, 4 and 4s running IOS5.1 all working fine sound and picture. Dont up date if you want to use this cable. If you updated problem.(I tried but failed to revert the phone back to IOS5.1) Go buy a Apple TV that works and may be the only solution. I havent tested a HDMI or component cable myself, but I have been reading other posts they seem to have problems also.
Can I watch my iPhone 5 videos on my tv?
- Asked by Miguel F from Santa Paula
- Oct 8, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch my iPhone 5 videos on my tv?)
Not through this cable, I agree with the previous person, unless you purchase the HDMI cable, that works, but this cable does not show video if you have updated to IOS 6
- Answered by Jerald B from Raytown
- Oct 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I watch my iPhone 5 videos on my tv?)
Will the Apple Composite AV cable work with an iPhone 5 -- with an adapter? Or will the analog audio be a problem?
- Asked by Gregory J from New Albany
- Sep 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Apple Composite AV cable work with an iPhone 5 -- with an adapter? Or will the analog audio be a problem?)
The audio will work (99% sure) because the converter between Lightning and 30 pin supports analog audio out. The video (yellow cable) will not work :(
As far as I can tell, there is no way to support composite video on the iphone 5 without using an expensive converter box from VGA or HDMI.
- Answered by Jerry R from Portsmouth
- Oct 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the Apple Composite AV cable work with an iPhone 5 -- with an adapter? Or will the analog audio be a problem?)
The cabe is about four to five feet.
- Answered by Derek F from Cypress
- Jun 12, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How long is this cable?)
The digital AV adapter is HDMI and includes a higher definition video output that the composite (RCA Jacks -Yellow, Red, White) which is analog video (yellow). I don't know if the audio signal is better in the HDMI vs the RCA (Red/White) - it depends on what the iPad sends.
- Answered by James H from Olmsted Falls
- Feb 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (whats the difference between the composite av cable & the digital av adapter)
can I hook up my mac book air to my hd tv?
- Asked by James W
- Nov 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can I hook up my mac book air to my hd tv?)
Will this cable broadcast vudu app to my tv?
- Asked by John W from Gonzales
- May 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this cable broadcast vudu app to my tv?)
All of the Apple portable devices output an analog signal rather than a digital signal. To get the best quality sound, you should turn the volume all the way up on the iPhone (or iPad, iPod, etc.), and adjust the listening volume using the stereo. In general, sound quality will be limited by the type of file - MP3 and other compressed formats will limit fidelity. Thus, for playing via a stereo I suggest storing Apple Lossless versions of your music on a computer running iTunes. If you want 'audiophile' grade sound, you should add an external digital to analog converter with a computer interface (like USB) rather than use the circuits built into the portable device.
- Answered by Frank W from Minneapolis
- Mar 18, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What's the best way to connect Iphone to home stereo and maintain digital sound quality?)
what is the difference between vga adapter and digital av adapter
- Asked by Pedro N from Duncanville
- Mar 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the difference between vga adapter and digital av adapter)
It all depends what you want to connect your apple device to. Look at the connector ends of each cable and figure out if you have something that will match the plug.
The apple vga adapter goes from the ipad/iphone type "apple" connector to a VGA connection - the kind you would have to connect to a computer monitor. (Some people who travel to do speeches need this to display their presentation on a big presentation screen)
The apple digital av adapter has one end that connects to your apple device and the other end connects to an HDMI cable to attach to an HDMI TV. If you dont have an HDMI connection on your tv, it won't work. You also need an HDMI cable that you can get at any TV/electronics store (best buy, radio shack etc)
Apple also sells component and composite cables for ipod/iphone connections AND they sell similar cables that will connect your tv to a firewire or dvi port on a laptop.
Look at the device you want to connect with (your tv?) first and find out what kind of connections it has. Then you will know what connector AND what cable to buy.
If you have a compatible ipod or iphone with the apple connector and you have an HDMI cable to connect to your HDMI TV, buy the apple digital av adapter.
- Answered by Libby G from Redlands
- Mar 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what is the difference between vga adapter and digital av adapter)
That's exactly what I do now, by connecting my iPad via the composite cable to my home-theater receiver's auxiliary input.
The composite cable package also includes a USB cable, which can plug into a spare charging block and allow you to watch Netflix without draining your iPad battery.
You scroll through Netflix options on your iPad app, and you control the film (play/pause/stop) from the iPad app as well. But when the film starts playing, it automatically is displayed on your TV.
I must adjust the aspect ratio of my Sony TV from "Normal" to "Full" to get the movies to fill the screen properly, but that's the only fiddling required. The streaming audio/video quality is good, though not quite HDTV good.
- Answered by Gregory J from New Albany
- Sep 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I watch Netflix movies using my iPad along with the netflix app and the composite AV cable?)