Questions & Answers for Apple Composite AV Cable
505 Questions from the Community
I have a new Toyota AyGo which has a MirrorLink display. I'm told you need to use the Appincar. Where do I get the special cable?
I have an iPhone 5s so it must work with the lightning connector. I think the cable connects the phone to both the USB and aux in sockets.
I have the Appincar app but I need the cable as wellAnswer
Unfortunately, MirrorLink is only compatible with the Iphone 4 and 4S.
Trying to get it working with anything newer, is just going to leave you with hours of frustration.
Best option is to email Pioneer and Toyota to complain.
how do I hook up Ipad to Rca tv to watch Netflix movies
rca led lcd full hd tv
- Asked by Diane N from The Villages
- Aug 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I hook up Ipad to Rca tv to watch Netflix movies)
Would I be able to watch shows that I stream through my Verizon Fios App with these cables connected to my tv?
I currently watch shows on my ipad 2 that stream live through the app while my husband is watching something else on the tv. Could I hook my ipad to a tv in a different room and essentially watch live cable tv?
- Asked by Bethany P from Severn
- Sep 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Would I be able to watch shows that I stream through my Verizon Fios App with these cables connected to my tv?)
What is the best cable to use to hook up iPad to Bose wave system?
I am seeking the best sound quality someone said I should use a airport express?
- Asked by Kristen I from Downingtown
- Dec 20, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the best cable to use to hook up iPad to Bose wave system?)
The iWires 3.5mm cable will be the easiest way to connect to a Bose wave system without using the Bose Wave connect kit. No adapters needed simply connect the cable from your iPad 3.5mm Jack into the Headphone input on the rear of the Wave system. This should provide decent quality audio providing you adjust the volume on your iPad to a level that does not cause distortion when using the Wave system at high volume levels.
Alternatively you could purchase the Bose Wave Connect Kit which is specifically designed for iDevices but it will no doubt be the most expensive option & I doubt the difference in audio quality will be worth the extra expense.
- Answered by Jamie H
- Jan 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What is the best cable to use to hook up iPad to Bose wave system?)
Yes! I bought this cable for my I-Pod 4 originally and tried it when I just got my I-Phone 4. It works great, the sound quality is wonderful. I have a 2009 Nissan Murano that I choose not to purchase the "tech package" on which included the I-Pod adapter. So now I just hook up the I-Pod or I-Phone using the rca audio jacks that are in the car with this cable. The downfall is that it does not charge at the same time..I have a seperate cable for that.
Hope this helps.
- Answered by Andrea P from Southwest Ranches
- May 22, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can it play your iphone 4 music through your car stereo?)
How do I connect my MacBook Pro (Mac OS X 10.6.8) with an HP w2207 monitor?
I see from the Apple Support Communities forum that in April 2010 there were problems with this when a large number of people upgraded from Snow Leopard 10.5.8, and their Macs wouldn't recognize this monitor, when previously they had done so prior to upgrading their OS.
I don't want to get the wrong or an unnecessary cable, nor do I want to mess with the software.
- Asked by Jeremy H
- Apr 7, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I connect my MacBook Pro (Mac OS X 10.6.8) with an HP w2207 monitor?)
What is the best way to connect a iPhone 5 to an older stereo amplifier/receiver ?
- Asked by Raymond S from Lawrenceville
- Jul 2, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the best way to connect a iPhone 5 to an older stereo amplifier/receiver ?)
If you buy the Apple AV composite cable and a 30 pin to lightening adapter you have what you need. Connect the RCA cables to the back of your receiver where you would normally plug in a turntable or CD player. I would also buy a plug for the USB part of this cable system so that while you're listening to music, your iPhone 5 will be charging.
- Answered by Henry A from San Juan Capistrano
- Jul 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What is the best way to connect a iPhone 5 to an older stereo amplifier/receiver ?)
Do these composite av cables fit iPad air.
- Asked by Ella A from Auburndale
- Dec 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Do these composite av cables fit iPad air.)
It is only compatible with the iPad Air for audio only. It does not show the video. I just got one for my son at Christmas and it is not compatible for video. Currently, the composite cables are not made for iPad Air. Check the product info on Apple site and it will confirm this.
- Answered by Lisa C from Winnipeg
- Jan 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Do these composite av cables fit iPad air.)
All of the Apple portable devices output an analog signal rather than a digital signal. To get the best quality sound, you should turn the volume all the way up on the iPhone (or iPad, iPod, etc.), and adjust the listening volume using the stereo. In general, sound quality will be limited by the type of file - MP3 and other compressed formats will limit fidelity. Thus, for playing via a stereo I suggest storing Apple Lossless versions of your music on a computer running iTunes. If you want 'audiophile' grade sound, you should add an external digital to analog converter with a computer interface (like USB) rather than use the circuits built into the portable device.
- Answered by Frank W from Minneapolis
- Mar 18, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What's the best way to connect Iphone to home stereo and maintain digital sound quality?)
Can I watch Eurosport Player on my TV from my iPad?
I've got the Eurosport Player app on my iPad 2 and before buying the Apple Composite AV Cable, would like to know if I will be able to watch Eurosport programmes from my iPad on my TV. Thanks.
- Asked by Janet S
- Feb 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch Eurosport Player on my TV from my iPad?)
Yes it works, and it looks good.
Skygo on the other hand does not work.
- Answered by Mark A
- Mar 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I watch Eurosport Player on my TV from my iPad?)
Ability to connect IPAD to Logitech z5300 speakers
I'd like to connect my ipad to my speakers at work - Logitech z5300. Its capable of 2, 4.1 and 5.1. The back of the z5300 is colored coded same as my with Green (front), Black (rear) and Center/SUB (orange)
I have what I think is Component cable - 1 small jack for the IPAD connection - and 3 connectors downstream (Red, Yellow, White)
I cannot seem to find the right combination to drive the 5.1 speakers?
- Asked by David D from Fair Oaks
- Feb 21, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Ability to connect IPAD to Logitech z5300 speakers)
The cabe is about four to five feet.
- Answered by Derek F from Cypress
- Jun 12, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How long is this cable?)
with the AV Composite Cable, you can Watch the Contents of Your IPhone on the TV (or rather any external display unit that has a Composite Input Option). now the matter of the Quality of the output ... well it is only going be as good as the Original Resolution of the source object ... Magnified on the external display. that will mean that if the source is High Definition or even 720, it will be pretty decent upto on a 50 Inch display unit, but if the original file that you are trying to play is Portable Format, (ie 320*280), it is going to be inferior or unclear even on a 27inch, and will only worsen the bigger the Output Display Unit becomes.
- Answered by Thomas B from Richmond
- Jun 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (using the composite AV cable can i watch tv from i phone with good resolution)
what is the difference between vga adapter and digital av adapter
- Asked by Pedro N from Duncanville
- Mar 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the difference between vga adapter and digital av adapter)
It all depends what you want to connect your apple device to. Look at the connector ends of each cable and figure out if you have something that will match the plug.
The apple vga adapter goes from the ipad/iphone type "apple" connector to a VGA connection - the kind you would have to connect to a computer monitor. (Some people who travel to do speeches need this to display their presentation on a big presentation screen)
The apple digital av adapter has one end that connects to your apple device and the other end connects to an HDMI cable to attach to an HDMI TV. If you dont have an HDMI connection on your tv, it won't work. You also need an HDMI cable that you can get at any TV/electronics store (best buy, radio shack etc)
Apple also sells component and composite cables for ipod/iphone connections AND they sell similar cables that will connect your tv to a firewire or dvi port on a laptop.
Look at the device you want to connect with (your tv?) first and find out what kind of connections it has. Then you will know what connector AND what cable to buy.
If you have a compatible ipod or iphone with the apple connector and you have an HDMI cable to connect to your HDMI TV, buy the apple digital av adapter.
- Answered by Libby G from Redlands
- Mar 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what is the difference between vga adapter and digital av adapter)
What is the length of the composite video cable for iPod / iPhone?
- Asked by Sean L from Lafayette
- Mar 15, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the length of the composite video cable for iPod / iPhone?)
It's about 1.5 meters
- Answered by Marc B
- Dec 11, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What is the length of the composite video cable for iPod / iPhone?)
Can I use my iPad for dj jobs, like I would my laptop?
What cables and connections can I use to make it work?
- Asked by Maurice H from Cleveland
- Jul 8, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my iPad for dj jobs, like I would my laptop?)
Not really. To DJ properly using a laptop generally requires a software & hardware combination (i.e. Serato, Tractor, PCDJ, MIDI Controller, etc.) which interconnects via a USB port. The iPad is tablet designed for light computer use; reading, web-browsing, iTunes, games & apps and it has no USB port. A pro DJ using digital music files requires much more CPU power, RAM, and HD space to run the software, process the sounds and store the music files. A robustly configured MacBook Pro is your best bet for this type of application.
- Answered by E.j. W from Babylon
- Jul 10, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use my iPad for dj jobs, like I would my laptop?)
No, because the lightening to 30 pin adapter does not support video.
- Answered by Luke M from Williamston
- Nov 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this cable work with the new iPad Mini connected to a lightening to 30 pin adapter?)
If the projector has a standard yellow video plug, then yes. If it does not, then probably not.
- Answered by Derek M from Ely
- Jan 11, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use the Composite AV Cable to connect my iPod touch/iPhone to a multimedia projector?)
Yes Joanne. It will permit you to do that.
- Answered by David E from Abingdon
- Oct 21, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this connect my ipod to my bose stereo system so I can listen to the music on my ipod thru it?? Thx, Joanne)