Questions & Answers for 3M 15" Privacy + Anti-Glare Filter for MacBook Pro with Retina Display
7 Questions + 9 Answers
7 Questions from the Community
Yes, it fits the MacBook Pro w Retina 13" late 2013. I just tried it out in the store in Palo Alto. The flap pulls over the top so no zipper scars either!
- Answered by Frederick G
- Mar 25, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this screen fit the MacBook Pro with Retina display 13" late 2013?)
This filter does not properly fit the 2009 MacBook Pro. I wanted this product for the anti-glare aspect, not for privacy. One side of the filter is for anti-glare, and the other side is for privacy. I have a 2009 13" MacBook Pro and the filter does not fit properly. It comes with two-sided tape for attaching it; I was expecting the kind that uses static to attach. You need to tape the filter to the screen so it covers everything and doesn't fall off, but doing this leaves about a half inch of the MacBook Pro screen unprotected around the perimeter. (The black border on the computer screen unprotected.)
In my opinion, using the anti-glare side of the filter does not cut the glare enough to justify how bad it makes the screen look. I would estimate it cuts the *resolution* at least by 30%. I would estimate that the filter cuts the *glare* by about 10%.
HOWEVER, the privacy side of the filter works as advertised; it blacks out the screen as the viewing angle widens, but you still need to tape it to the screen.
Even if this filter fit correctly, I would have still returned it because it doesn't cut the glare enough to justify lessening the resolution as much as it does.
However, if it fit correctly and I needed a privacy screen, this would be a good product.
- Answered by Matt N from Redwood City
- Jul 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this fit a MacBook Pro (early 2011) model (non-retina display)?)
Will this product affect my brightness?
I am worried that the privacy screen will reduce the brightness of my screen. How bad is this products affect on brightness?
- Asked by Braiden V from Calgary
- Nov 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this product affect my brightness?)
I've just got this filter today. I was bit worried about the reduced brightness at first as the filter appears to be virtually much darker than I expected. However, when I put it on, it doesn't seem to affect much. I have the brightness slightly less than halfway in a room with normal light and it is more than enough for me. Note that I use the matt side (as I hate glare and reflection). Would have loved to compare it side by side with the glossy one but don't think there's a big difference.
All in all, the filter doesn't bother me at all with the brightness.
- Answered by Kriengsak P from Gold Coast
- May 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this product affect my brightness?)
Yes it would reduce the glare from the sun. It was built for the models that you could not custom build with the matte or anti-glare finish.
- Answered by Kenneth A from Desoto
- Apr 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this Privacy and Anti-Glare filter protect from sun glare, if I wanted to work outside?)
What is the most appropriate Privacy Screen for MacBook Retinol Display Computer 13"?
Please tell me the best privacy screen for the MacBook Retinol Display Computer, 13". I only see the AirBook privacy screen featured. I am interested in purchasing one from the Apple Store today!
- Asked by Edith E from Alexandria
- Jan 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the most appropriate Privacy Screen for MacBook Retinol Display Computer 13"?)
3M 13" Privacy + Anti-Glare Filter for MacBook Pro with Retina Display - PFMR13 would be perfect for your need.
- Answered by Eric N from Coquitlam
- Feb 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What is the most appropriate Privacy Screen for MacBook Retinol Display Computer 13"?)
I have a 13 inch MacBook Pro that I bought in June of 2012. Is there a privacy + anti-glare filter for this size computer?
I want to use my computer on my patio at my umbrella table. The glare is so bad I can't see the screen clearly, especially my cursor. I found the privacy and anti-glare filter for the 15 inch MacBook Pro, but not the 13 inch.
- Asked by Kathleen D from Los Angeles
- May 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a 13 inch MacBook Pro that I bought in June of 2012. Is there a privacy + anti-glare filter for this size computer?)
Yes, check at the store :)
Can the filter be applied in store by specialists?
- Asked by Son V from Vancouver
- May 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the filter be applied in store by specialists?)
Apparently Not. I was in apple shop a few days ago; they told me that I had to do it myself as it's a 3rd party product. I just got it fixed myself. It wasn't too bad but it took a bit of time to understand what I had to do.
- Answered by Maryam S from Carindale
- Jul 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can the filter be applied in store by specialists?)