Questions & Answers for Belkin WeMo Switch and Motion
5 Questions from the Community
Yes, it works fine, and now with the fact that there is an IFTTT channel it's even more useful.
- Answered by John K
- Apr 8, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (DOES IT WORK IN IRELAND)
Does this product capable of dual voltage?
- Asked by Christopher F from Apo
- Jul 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this product capable of dual voltage?)
It's the 3 pin 240v version (just the wrong photo) They are amazing units and easy to set up. They don't mention that you can also control via SMS & email &......
The list is endless. Got mine to control the boiler, far better than a timer
- Answered by Huw L
- Oct 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this product capable of dual voltage?)
This depends on your TV. In most cases it will put your TV into standby mode
The best way to answer this is to test the TV as follows.
Without the Belkin Wemo Switch connected if you connect the TV to the power socket. Does it go into standby or does it power on. If it goes into standby mode, then that is exactly what the Belkin Wemo Switch will do. If it powers on, then that is exactly what the Belkin Wemo switch will do.
The Belkin Wemo switch cuts off the power supply and initiates the power supply back to the device either through its motion sensor or Wemo App.
- Answered by Belkin Uk 1
- Feb 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will it turn my tv on, or just have the tv go to standby)
Unlike the wemo switch, I can't see anywhere on this unit that I can plug an appliance in. Do I have to buy a separate switch?Answer
It's only a motion sensor. I works in conjunction with a switch. It tells whatever that's plugged into the switch when to turn on/off. Yes, you do have to buy a separate switch.
- Answered by Urick M from Yonkers
- Nov 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Unlike the wemo switch, I can't see anywhere on this unit that I can plug an appliance in. Do I have to buy a separate switch?)