Questions & Answers for Magic Bar by Mobee Technology
8 Questions from the Community
As IPads are completely different in design than a wirelesss keyboard, then obviously no.
- Answered by Toby W
- Nov 6, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does it work on an iPad?)
Is it possible to buy a stand alone rechargeable battery?
The magic bar only came with one rechargeable battery insert which isn't very helpful when my trackpad and wireless keyboard both need batteries. Is it possible to buy a stand alone rechargeable battery instead of having to buy the whole recharging dock set?
- Asked by Jonathan M from Oswestry
- Feb 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to buy a stand alone rechargeable battery?)
Can I use the Magic Trackpad while it's docked in the charger?
I realize this seems a bit odd, but if I use the Magic Trackpad while sitting at a desk, I rather not have to worry about batteries, and would like to power the trackpad from a USB port.
People say Lion is really nice if you use it with a trackpad. I use a wired keyboard at work, so having a "wired" Trackpad wouldn't be a problem at all, and actually less annoying than having to change batteries.
So I was wondering if I could just leave the charger plugged in, and Trackpad in the charger, permanently, and just use it like that.
Yes, I know about the Apple rechargeable battery charger, etc.
And I have seen the "hacks" on the Web where people drill holes and wire up some type of charger, with wires and a pair of "dummy" batteries. I admit this would be cheaper. I wish there was factory made adapter that did that. But if drilling holes in the Trackpad and setting up a voltage regulator isn't your thing, AND you didn't mind spending the extra money, this seems like about the only alternative. (if it'll work)
- Asked by Mark B from Cupertino
- Sep 1, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Magic Trackpad while it's docked in the charger?)
Yes, the recharger does not impede the use of the keyboard or trackpad while they're charging.
- Answered by Jeffrey C from San Francisco
- Aug 31, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use the Magic Trackpad while it's docked in the charger?)
Can you use it with the 3-battery version keyboard? As in, use this and add an extra battery to make it work?
I have the older, 3-battery mac wireless keyboard. I'd like to use the Mobee charger plus an additional battery. If so, what kind of battery would be best?
- Asked by Jennifer D from San Francisco
- Jun 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use it with the 3-battery version keyboard? As in, use this and add an extra battery to make it work?)
The Magic Bar is compatible with the 2AA battery version of the Apple wireless keyboard. It is not possible to put in an additional battery.
Does it work with the LMP Bluetooth Keypad WKP-1314?
Does the Magic Bar work with/recharge the LMP Bluetooth Keypad WKP-1314?
- Asked by Frank G from Gloucester
- Feb 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with the LMP Bluetooth Keypad WKP-1314?)
No it does not. The only keyboard that it is compatible with, is the Apple Wireless Keyboard, current model, that uses 2-AA Batteries.
- Answered by Cristof K from Las Vegas
- Mar 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does it work with the LMP Bluetooth Keypad WKP-1314?)
Is this device compatible (I.e., usable with) the Magic Wand unit (locks keyboard/trackpad together)? That is, do they fit together at the same time?Answer
No, you cannot use Magic Bar with the Magic Wand