Questions & Answers for Focal Professional CMS 40 Studio Monitors
4 Questions from the Community
What kind of cable would I need to connect these to my MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Michael W from Temple Hills
- Mar 24, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (What kind of cable would I need to connect these to my MacBook Pro?)
These are professional studio monitors, and very good entry ones at that, they're not cheap PC speakers or designed to make dodgy recordings sound great. To get the best out of them, you will want your Mac to be connected to an external DAC (digital to analog converter), either via USB or the headphone-out which doubles as a digital out; spdif/optical toslink to be precise. You would then connect the Focals either via unbalanced RCA cables, or balanced XLR if your DAC supports it. Some examples would be the Apogee Duet or DAC Magic for entry level. You don't need amplification because these are active not passive speakers.
- Answered by Pierre M
- May 5, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What kind of cable would I need to connect these to my MacBook Pro?)
Sure ! You will need a headphone jack to RCA stereo cable which can be found just about anywhere ...
I have these speakers and they are quite a treat to ones ears I must say :)
- Answered by Murat L from Istanbul
- Nov 11, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i use these speakers with airport express and itunes wirelessly with my iphone 4?)
can these be used with airport express and air tunes, with my iphone 4 ?
- Asked by Simon R from Woodville
- Jun 17, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can these be used with airport express and air tunes, with my iphone 4 ?)