Questions & Answers for Polar Wearlink®+ Heart Rate Transmitter for Nike+
65 Questions from the Community
polar iWL bluethooth will this work with the iphone 4s?
just bought this on ebay and want to make sure it works with my phone
- Asked by Theodore K from Stanton
- Jul 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (polar iWL bluethooth will this work with the iphone 4s?)
can i run nike+ and polar app at the same time in iphone 5c
- Asked by Erick A from Puebla
- May 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i run nike+ and polar app at the same time in iphone 5c)
Is Polar WearLink+ W.I.N.D. compatible with iphone 4s
I have an RS800CX HRM and I am using Endomondo. Any solution yet of how to get my heart rate registered on endomondo.
- Asked by Johannes D
- Apr 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is Polar WearLink+ W.I.N.D. compatible with iphone 4s)
Is the Polar H7 heart rate monitor and Polar Beat app compatible with the Nike+ app and running sensor?
I have an iphone 5 and the Nike+ iPod app with running sensor. I've recently been given a Polar H7 heart rate sensor and I've downloaded the Polar Beat app too. Each app works independently of each other but will they 'talk' to each other? Ie, will the Nike+ app work with the H7 monitor or will the Polar Beat app work with the Nike+ running sensor? At the moment I can't work out how to use them both at the same time!
Thanks for your help!
No, the Nike + app in any iphone does not support or is not compatible with with any heart rate monitor unless Nike upgrade it and they are "thinking about it". But if you are willing to use other app, with the polar bluetooth HRM, I test runkeeper and mapmyrun, both app are free and they work fine. I prefer runkeeper, mapmyrun you have to pay extra to see your heart rate graph.
- Answered by Jose M. O from Cayey
- Feb 21, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is there a heart rate monitor that can be used with the NIKE+ Running app on the iPhone 5?)
Yes, but they can be a little tricky to sync up to work together. a reviewer on Amazon posted the following instructions which I found really helpful:
- Wear the Polar H7 hear rate sensor
- Go to iPod Nano Settings and check that Bluetooth is On. Note! iPod does not show H7 in Devices list.
- Enter Fitness Nike+ application and tab the "i" icon.
- Enter Nike+ iPod Sprot Kit and choose Heart Rate Monitor
- Check that Heart Rate Monitor is ON
- Choose Link from the list and tab the heart symbol.
Now the application starts to link the H7 sensor. When the sensor is linked press the iPod button to return.
- Enter Fitness Nike+ application and choose Sport (e.g. Run)
- Choose Heart Rate from the List
- Scroll to choose your sport and press Done
- Choose None (or other settings)
- Now you will see a heart symbol until iPod has found your heart rate signal.
- When heart rate signal is found, iPod will automatically change the display info. Now you can see your heart rate and you can Start the exercise recording.
- Answered by Ally L
- Jan 31, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does Polar Wearlink+ Heart Rate Transmitter for Nike+ work on ipod nano 7 generation?)
6th generation ipod nano and Polar Wearlink
Will the Polar Wearlink work with the recently announced 6th generation nano? I assume yes, since it works with the 5th.
- Asked by Donald M from Holly Springs
- Sep 2, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (6th generation ipod nano and Polar Wearlink)
Yes it does! Just got my iPod nano 6th generation and heart rate monitor and it works. The only downside I noticed so far is that your heart rate is not displayed while running (only your pace is). Audio feedback works, though - so it will tell you your heart rate when pressing a button. You can also start a heart rate workout, but it seems that in this case the problem is the other way round - you don't see your pace, and I'm unsure whether it actually records the pace at all in heart rate mode..
hope that helps..
- Answered by Edmund-philipp S
- Sep 21, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (6th generation ipod nano and Polar Wearlink)
The Polar WearLink Nike+ doesn't work with iPhones because it doesn't have BlueTooth. The correct Polar HR chestband for iPhones 4 and 5 is the Polar H7. The Polar H7 also supports the Nike application, and most other Heart Rate monitoring apps as well such as Polar Beat, etc.
- Answered by Scott P from Soquel
- Apr 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (would it work with iphone5 and would it give the heart rate with the gradient and the distance)
Is the Nike + iPod Sport Kit required to use the Polar Wearlink+ with a seventh-generation / 7G iPod nano?
My reading of various materials is that it is possible to use the Polar Wearlink+ with the new seventh-generation iPod nano without needing to buy any additional receivers / add-ons -- can someone confirm please?
- Asked by Conor S from Glen Head
- Oct 31, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Nike + iPod Sport Kit required to use the Polar Wearlink+ with a seventh-generation / 7G iPod nano?)
Yes it works without !!!!!!!
I use nike + shoes and polar wearlink and works perfect
Before i wrote not but i changed battery on Polar and now work fine !!!!!!
- Answered by Adriano S from Roma
- Oct 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is the Nike + iPod Sport Kit required to use the Polar Wearlink+ with a seventh-generation / 7G iPod nano?)
Does this work with the new iPhone 4S?
- Asked by Damon C
- Oct 5, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with the new iPhone 4S?)
No this doesn't work on Iphone 4S. Not many heartrate monitors do because of the new Bluetooth 4.0 on the iphone. A few that do work are the Polar H7 and the Wahoo heart rate monitors. Although the Nike+ App does not have any facility for Heartrate monitoring. So if your looking for an all in one solution GPS+ Music + Heart Rate Monitoring. You'll have to use another app such as Endomondo and quite a few others out there.
- Answered by Ricardo H
- May 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this work with the new iPhone 4S?)
Does heart rate monitor work with the iPhone 4?
- Asked by Maribel V from Flanders
- Jun 26, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does heart rate monitor work with the iPhone 4?)
I am afraid not, the Polar Wearlink+ Heart Rate Transmitter is compatible only with the fifth-generation iPod nano and the Nike+ iPod Sport Kit.
- Answered by Jj M from Vancouver
- Jul 1, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does heart rate monitor work with the iPhone 4?)
How far is the range on the Polar Nike+ Wearlink signals to the watch? When I train boxing, but can't wear the watch because of the gloves..
No answers yet
Can I buy only polar wearlink and iPod 7th , without NIKE product. Should it works?
does it work with ipod nano 7th gen, without NIKE product? If so, I would like to buy only ipod and polar HRM wearlink.
- Asked by Amnuay U from Bangkok
- Jan 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy only polar wearlink and iPod 7th , without NIKE product. Should it works?)
Is this the heart rate monitor that is compatible with my nike+ gps watch?
- Asked by Melissa T from Ooltewah
- Jan 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this the heart rate monitor that is compatible with my nike+ gps watch?)
Yes and works really well.
- Answered by Gary C
- Mar 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is this the heart rate monitor that is compatible with my nike+ gps watch?)
Will this work with iPhone 5?
- Asked by Kyle G from Normal
- Sep 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with iPhone 5?)
No, although it is a nike+ version it won't work with iPhone 4, 4s or 5. Even the. Polar H7 Bluetooth Smart transmitter works with third party apps on iPhone 4s, or 5 and it still doesn't work with any of the nike+ apps.
The capability is not an issue. Both iPhone 4s and 5 have the hardware capability to communicate with polar wearlink+ nike+ transmitter. It seems more like a marketing strategy.
- Answered by Mani J from Vancouver
- Oct 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this work with iPhone 5?)
Polar RS800CX N G5 MULTI compatible with apple?
Is the Polar RS800CX N G5 MULTI with WearLink®+ transmitter W.I.N.D. and ProTrainer 5™Software compatible with Apple IPad3 and MacBook Air (late 2008)?
- Asked by Q. G
- Jan 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Polar RS800CX N G5 MULTI compatible with apple?)
Can you program the Ipod Nano so that machines equipped with Nike+ Ipod will adjust resistance to reach your target heart rate with Polar transmitter?
I would like to see a list of what you can do with a Polar Nike+ heart rate monitor and Ipod.
No answers yet
Is the Polar Wearlink+ compatible with the Nano 6th gen?
- Asked by Dara S from Austin
- Sep 9, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Polar Wearlink+ compatible with the Nano 6th gen?)
Yes it is, but you will need at least the receiver from the Nike+ Sports kit.
First, plug in the receiver and put on the Wearlink+ Nike+ transmitter (this product). Link it in the Settings application of the nano. Then open the Fitness application and select Nike+ipod. You can select a "heartrate" workout which will not require the Nike+ shoe sensor, or one of the other workouts, which will.
During a heartrate workout the nano will display your bpm prominently. During a walking/jobbing workout swipe at the bottom band of the screen to select the bpm display, which is shown in smaller size.
The nano will track the bpm profile of your run and you can upload and view it at the Nike running website.
- Answered by Michael S from Downers Grove
- Sep 11, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is the Polar Wearlink+ compatible with the Nano 6th gen?)