Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Is the cable housing on the Lightning end of this adapter small enough to use with the new Apple iPhone 5/5s leather case?
I know that the cable housing on the Lightning end of this adapter is larger than it is on Apple's standard USB to Lightning cable. I am curious if this 30-pin to Lightning adapter is still small enough to fit through the opening at the bottom of Apple's new iPhone 5/5s leather case.
- Asked by Tim C from Arbor Vitae
- Sep 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the cable housing on the Lightning end of this adapter small enough to use with the new Apple iPhone 5/5s leather case?)
Is there a aux and usb cable to a lightning and aux cable?
I have a 2012 Mini Cooper which uses the 30 pin y adapter to aux and usb. Now that I upgraded my iPhone 4 to the 5s, I need a lightning and aux to the usb and aux. Does Apple make such a cable?
- Asked by Milton N from Silver Spring
- Jul 9, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a aux and usb cable to a lightning and aux cable?)
my car has Composite AV connections only. can i use the lightning adapter with my Apple Composite AV Cable to watch and charge Iphone5?
- Asked by Bristol R from Norfolk
- Jan 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (my car has Composite AV connections only. can i use the lightning adapter with my Apple Composite AV Cable to watch and charge Iphone5?)
Will this work as an extension to the BMW iDrive adapter cable? How long is the cable?
I have a 2010 550i. The iPhone 5 does not fit in the storage space with the rigid lightning adapter. If this works, I can store the iphone outside the console while being plugged in.
Has anybody used it for this purpose?
- Asked by Dan M from Glendora
- Feb 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work as an extension to the BMW iDrive adapter cable? How long is the cable?)
2012 hyundai accent adapter
I have a 2012 Hyundai Accent & the only way to plug my phone into my car is through this special adapter they gave me. It's part USB, part headphone jack-looking. It's made for an iPhone 4/4S & I know Hyundai doesn't make these anymore, especially for a 5/5S, so that leaves me in a bind. My question is, if I purchase this lightning to 30-pin adapter, will it work? Will it allow me to plug my phone into my car adapter, play music, charge my phone, etc.? I'm hoping this acts as a sort of converting extension cord.
- Asked by Sarah O from Tulsa
- Jan 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (2012 hyundai accent adapter)
No answers yet
Lightning to 30 pin adapter (0.2m) Supported Accessories
Product Information states that "this 0.2 m long cabled adapter lets you connect devices with a Lightning connector to many of your 30-pin accessories.*
*Some 30-pin accessories are not supported."
What are these "some 30 pin accessories" that are not supported?
Does it have video support for the Apple 30-pin to VGA Adapter? Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter?
- Asked by Maricris M from Mandaluyong City
- Jun 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Lightning to 30 pin adapter (0.2m) Supported Accessories)
Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m) - Will it connect iPhone 5 to 2013 BMW 5 series iPhone 4 snap-in adapter and allow the adapter cover(s) to close?
The iPhone 4 or 4S adapter from BMW allows the iPhone 4, 4S to utilize all features of the BMW Apps built in to the entertainment system including charging the iPhone. The iPhone 5 will not connect to the BMW iPhone 4 adapter - thus the questions.
I understand the basic Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter (block) is too tall to work. Is this correct?
what is the warranty on the lightning to 30-pin adapter
- Asked by Robert R from Clarks Summit
- Dec 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the warranty on the lightning to 30-pin adapter)
Does this lightning to 30 pin adapter work to connect iphone 4 to ipad mini?
Can I transfer pictures, contacts, etc from iphone 4 to ipad mini with this adapter?
- Asked by Jo Anne D from Cape Girardeau
- Dec 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this lightning to 30 pin adapter work to connect iphone 4 to ipad mini?)
Will the Lightning to 30-pin Adapter work with my 2008 Volkswagen Jetta?
My 2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE has an iPod Adapter in the center console. My current iPod (4th Gen) Touch shows the track listing on my car stereo and controls are through the Cars stereo. Will this connector work with the iPhone 5 on my Jetta? If so, will it use the iPhones controls or my car stereos?
- Asked by Kyle M from Griswold
- Nov 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Lightning to 30-pin Adapter work with my 2008 Volkswagen Jetta?)
Is there a fire wire male to female adapter or cable?
I have an iPad mini in a life lock case and there isn't room to plug in utilities.
- Asked by Robert G from California
- May 31, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a fire wire male to female adapter or cable?)
How can I get my ipad mini to work in my 2009 Infiniti FX50 with Nissan OEM dock connector.
I would like to know if there is a way to get an Apple device with Lightning connection to work in a 2009 Infiniti FX50. My car only has the Nissan OEM iPod dock connector cable and RCA ports installed. The Bluetooth is one generation off from being able to play and control music, which is my main goal. I have tried using the lightning to 30 pin adapter to no avail. The stereo doesn't even recognize that anything was connected. I have an ipad mini with Verizon and wanted to use this for music while I travel but was sorely disappointed. This is the main reason I have yet to purchase an iPhone 5. Can anybody tell me if there is some trick I've missed or different Nissan dock cable I need? Any help woudld be greatly appreciated.
- Asked by Michael S from Oklahoma City
- Feb 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I get my ipad mini to work in my 2009 Infiniti FX50 with Nissan OEM dock connector.)
Using iConnect Scanner with iPad mini
I have an iConnect scanner with a 30-pin connection point that I've successfully used with my 1st generation iPad. Is the Apple 30-pin to lightning adapter cable compatible with this device? Is there a better option?
- Asked by J. David O from Lakeland
- Jan 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Using iConnect Scanner with iPad mini)
No answers yet
I recently purchased an ipad mini, & I have a lightning to vga adapter, I bought a separate cable 'VGA to hdmi) will this work to mirror onto the tv?
Does the Lightning to 30-pin adapter fit (and work) to connect a 5s to an 2013 Audi Q7 from the glovebox?
The car manual states clearly that adapters are not to be used but my salesman suggested rather than buying the proper size cable from Audi direct.
- Asked by Robin K from Middleburg
- Apr 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Lightning to 30-pin adapter fit (and work) to connect a 5s to an 2013 Audi Q7 from the glovebox?)
No answers yet
Will this work with iphone 5 and tom tom car kit
I currently have the iphone 4 and tom tom car kit. I thought if I attached this Adapter to the iphone 5s and to the tom tom car kit I would get audio or would I be better to use the pro-cable charge cable at Macfixit with 30 pin connector at one end but both USB plug and 3.5mm audio jack at the other end?
- Asked by Kathy B from Sydney
- Sep 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with iphone 5 and tom tom car kit)
Can I use Lightning to 30-pin Adapter + 30-pin to VGA Adapter to connect iPad mini with my projector?
I already have 30-pin to VGA Adapter that can properly display iPhone 4s screen on projector. I'm deciding to buy iPad mini with an adapter between Lightning to 30-pin Adapter or Lightning to VGA Adapter. Which one should I buy?
I think Lightning to 30-pin Adapter is multi-purpose adapter but I'm not sure that will it work properly if I connect like this?
iPad mini -> Lightning to 30-pin Adapter -> 30-pin to VGA Adapter -> Projector
- Asked by Apisilp T from Sala Thammasop, Thawi Watthana
- Nov 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use Lightning to 30-pin Adapter + 30-pin to VGA Adapter to connect iPad mini with my projector?)
How flexible is the cable?
I plan on installing this in my car glove box, but there isn't enough space to fit the 30-pin adapter without the cable. I was hoping to be able to bend the cable so that both connectors are right underneath each other - has anyone tried this and determined if this will work without putting too much stress on the cable?
- Asked by James L from Upland
- Oct 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How flexible is the cable?)