Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
I have a Pioneer AppRadio 3 with 30 pin Apple adapter. Will this allow me to still have audio, video and control of my iphone from the head unit?
I see some aftermarket lightning to 30 pin adapters do not support audio and video, so I would like to know whether the Apple version is giving you more functionality for this significantly more expensive product?
How can I get my ipad mini to work in my 2009 Infiniti FX50 with Nissan OEM dock connector.
I would like to know if there is a way to get an Apple device with Lightning connection to work in a 2009 Infiniti FX50. My car only has the Nissan OEM iPod dock connector cable and RCA ports installed. The Bluetooth is one generation off from being able to play and control music, which is my main goal. I have tried using the lightning to 30 pin adapter to no avail. The stereo doesn't even recognize that anything was connected. I have an ipad mini with Verizon and wanted to use this for music while I travel but was sorely disappointed. This is the main reason I have yet to purchase an iPhone 5. Can anybody tell me if there is some trick I've missed or different Nissan dock cable I need? Any help woudld be greatly appreciated.
- Asked by Michael S from Oklahoma City
- Feb 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I get my ipad mini to work in my 2009 Infiniti FX50 with Nissan OEM dock connector.)
Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m) - Will it connect iPhone 5 to 2013 BMW 5 series iPhone 4 snap-in adapter and allow the adapter cover(s) to close?
The iPhone 4 or 4S adapter from BMW allows the iPhone 4, 4S to utilize all features of the BMW Apps built in to the entertainment system including charging the iPhone. The iPhone 5 will not connect to the BMW iPhone 4 adapter - thus the questions.
I understand the basic Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter (block) is too tall to work. Is this correct?
Will the Lightning to 30-pin Adapter work with my 2008 Volkswagen Jetta?
My 2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE has an iPod Adapter in the center console. My current iPod (4th Gen) Touch shows the track listing on my car stereo and controls are through the Cars stereo. Will this connector work with the iPhone 5 on my Jetta? If so, will it use the iPhones controls or my car stereos?
- Asked by Kyle M from Griswold
- Nov 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Lightning to 30-pin Adapter work with my 2008 Volkswagen Jetta?)
does the 30 pin adapter for the i phone 5s allow me to interface with the mmi sound system on my audi 2010 q5 and charge the phone?
- Asked by Doreen S from Spring Lake
- Oct 9, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (does the 30 pin adapter for the i phone 5s allow me to interface with the mmi sound system on my audi 2010 q5 and charge the phone?)
Does the Lightning to 30-pin adapter fit (and work) to connect a 5s to an 2013 Audi Q7 from the glovebox?
The car manual states clearly that adapters are not to be used but my salesman suggested rather than buying the proper size cable from Audi direct.
- Asked by Robin K from Middleburg
- Apr 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Lightning to 30-pin adapter fit (and work) to connect a 5s to an 2013 Audi Q7 from the glovebox?)
Will this allow my music to be controlled through my 2011 Hyundai's navigation system?
I bought a cheap adapter and it does allow the music to be played, but nothing shows up on my navigation screen and I have to scroll through the music on my phone. I want to utilize the touch screen that's in my car.
- Asked by Kaley L from Statesville
- Jun 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this allow my music to be controlled through my 2011 Hyundai's navigation system?)
Connecting iPhone 5 to MDI music system in a VW Golf
I have the MDI with an MDI-to-iPod cable in a Mk 6 Golf which works with the iPod generation 4. However, I have recently purchased an iPhone 5 and would like to be able to connect it the same way such that I can control song selection and volume from the car's head unit. Will this adapter work for me?
- Asked by Nelson C from Bull Creek
- Mar 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting iPhone 5 to MDI music system in a VW Golf)
Will this work with iphone 5 and tom tom car kit
I currently have the iphone 4 and tom tom car kit. I thought if I attached this Adapter to the iphone 5s and to the tom tom car kit I would get audio or would I be better to use the pro-cable charge cable at Macfixit with 30 pin connector at one end but both USB plug and 3.5mm audio jack at the other end?
- Asked by Kathy B from Sydney
- Sep 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with iphone 5 and tom tom car kit)
will this work with iphone 4s?
I want to use it to connect to Bose portable speaker.
- Asked by Robert P from Kingwood
- Jan 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work with iphone 4s?)
No answers yet
Will this adaptor connect my original iPad keyboard to my new iPad Air?
I have a keyboard dock for the original iPad. The iPad 30 pin connection fits into a 30 pin keyboard dock connection.
I have just ordered a new iPad Air and understand it has a lightening connector. Will this adaptor allow the iPad Air to be connected to that keyboard dock?
- Asked by Richard H from Valdosta
- Jan 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adaptor connect my original iPad keyboard to my new iPad Air?)
How do you connect ipod 5g to Hyundai Sonata with Hyundai proprietary cable?
We have a 2013 Hyundai Sonata that has an iPod/iPhone interface along with a 30 pin to USB and mini stereo pin cable. How do I enable a new iPod Touch 5G to interface with and be controlled by the car's entertainment system?
- Asked by Jeffrey U from Warrenton
- Dec 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How do you connect ipod 5g to Hyundai Sonata with Hyundai proprietary cable?)
power lead connecter to convert iphone 4S to iphone5
I have a number of power cables for an iphone 4s which no longer fit the iphone 5. Is there an adapter which will do this? Regards John Kennedy
- Asked by John K
- Sep 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (power lead connecter to convert iphone 4S to iphone5)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
Will this work with a car fm transmitter
I like to listen to audio books that are downloaded on my phone in the WMA format. The fm transmitter I have just plugs into my lighter and did work very well with my iphone 4. I am looking for an adapter that will work with the iphone 5 so that I can listen to my audio books through my car speakers.
- Asked by Linda Y from Welland
- Jan 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with a car fm transmitter)
No answers yet
Does this lightning to 30 pin adapter work to connect iphone 4 to ipad mini?
Can I transfer pictures, contacts, etc from iphone 4 to ipad mini with this adapter?
- Asked by Jo Anne D from Cape Girardeau
- Dec 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this lightning to 30 pin adapter work to connect iphone 4 to ipad mini?)