Similar questions from the community
Will this support iPod out?
- Asked by Nicholas A from Corona Del Mar
- Sep 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this support iPod out?)
If used to connect to my car (Chevy Volt), can I control iPod functions?
The Chevy Volt does not use Bluetooth for music functions, just for calls. The USB charging cable on previous iPhones is connected to a USB port in the car. This allows album cover artwork to appear on the car's touchscreen and allows the driver to select songs, albums, playlists, audiobooks, shuffle mode, fast forward, rewind, skip, etc.
I am trying to determine if the cable that comes with the iPhone 5 will allow the same sort of control. It appears the Lightning to Dock Connector won't allow iPod functions of the iPhone to be controlled (*iPod Out not supported).
- Asked by Richard S from Colleyville
- Sep 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (If used to connect to my car (Chevy Volt), can I control iPod functions?)
Does the lightning cable support analogue audio?
- Asked by Mike M from Hopkins
- Feb 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the lightning cable support analogue audio?)
Digital audio output via USB
I have a Teac CD player with an "iPod USB" connection on the front. This currently takes the digital audio signal from my iPod touch 4th gen via a 30-pin to USB cable, and uses its own built in DAC to convert it to analogue that then goes into my amp. Will this still work with an iPhone 5 and a lightning to USB cable?
- Asked by Adam H
- Dec 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Digital audio output via USB)
No answers yet
Must I have this connector to connect the new nano to my macbook pro?
I would like to buy a new iPod nano. Do I need this connector in order to connect to my macbook pro and sync/charge the new nano, or is there a cable that comes with the device that will have a compatible connection with my macbook?
I don't want to buy extra product, but I don't want to buy a new device that I can't sync because it's not compatible with the computer I have. Please clarify. Thanks.
- Asked by Diane T from Beverly
- Sep 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Must I have this connector to connect the new nano to my macbook pro?)