Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Which charger should I get for a Macbook Air mid-2011 model?
I bought one on Amazon (newest version) and it was the wrong size. I wasn't aware they had changed the size on the adapter.
What is the reference number or how do I know I am buying an adapter that will fit my mid-2011 macbook air?
- Asked by Laura S from Kent
- Aug 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Which charger should I get for a Macbook Air mid-2011 model?)
Should I purchase the 45W MagSafe 2 Adapter for my 11" Air (2nd gen, 2011)?
The answers I'm reading are not too clear. I have the Mac Air 11" 2nd gen (mid 2011). I recently left my MagSafe Power Adapter at an airport and need a replacement. But upon discovering that Apple has just come out with a Mac Air 11" 3rd gen (mid 2012) and and with a slightly different power adapter, calling it the MagSafe 2, I'm left to ponder what should be a non-decision. Would I be better advised to purchase the MagSafe 2 even though my Mac Air is the previous year's?
I sort of liked my old MagSafe with the tiny cylinder-shaped plug that was shaped to look like part of the cable (it was practically a necessity with my 1st Mac Air from 2008 because the receptacle was toward the bottom of the machine instead of on the side). But the MagSafe 2 appears to use a less stylish, squarish magnetic connector that's similar in appearance to all of the MagSafe connectors that preceded the 1st Mac Air.
Is the MacSafe 2 the better bet for use with the preceding Mac Air (2nd gen 11", 2011)? Besides being smaller and employing a more conventional-looking connector, are there any substantial improvements and advantages to consider? Is it perhaps more rugged with a longer, more wrap-able cable?
- Asked by Samuel L. C from Kenosha
- Jul 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Should I purchase the 45W MagSafe 2 Adapter for my 11" Air (2nd gen, 2011)?)
Can i use a 60w MagSafe adapter with MacBook Air 11 inch mid-2012 (which comes with the 45w)? I understand the reverse compatibility is ok. True?
- Asked by Bruce G from White Plains
- Feb 26, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use a 60w MagSafe adapter with MacBook Air 11 inch mid-2012 (which comes with the 45w)? I understand the reverse compatibility is ok. True?)
what charger do I need for my 13 inch 2012 mac book air?
- Asked by Amanda I from Brooklyn
- Feb 17, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (what charger do I need for my 13 inch 2012 mac book air?)
What charger does my MacBook Pro 13 inch use and how many volts does it need to charge my MacBook Pro? My MacBook Pro is 2012.
My charger broke and I need to know what charger my MacBook Pro needs. I also want to know how many volts or watt it needs to.
- Asked by Kenny N from Nashville
- Aug 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What charger does my MacBook Pro 13 inch use and how many volts does it need to charge my MacBook Pro? My MacBook Pro is 2012.)
can i buy the long mag safe for my mac air 13 inch adapter individually?
i have the mag safe charger that came with my mac air, recently traveled and don't have the long cable, where can i buy this long cable..???
- Asked by Laurelis L from Clifton
- Dec 21, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i buy the long mag safe for my mac air 13 inch adapter individually?)
Can I use my old 45W Magsafe power supply with my new Macbook air?
I just bought the new macbook air and I use the original Magsafe2 power supply provided with the new air at work. However, when I take my new air at home, I thought that I can use my old 45W Magsafe power supply and so I would not need to carry also a power supply cord.
But I noticed that although the power provided by both power supplies is the same (45W) the voltage and the amperage is different. Is this a problem? Of course, if there is any problem with the voltage all what I need is the magsafe to magsafe2 adaptor.
- Asked by Nicolas B
- Sep 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my old 45W Magsafe power supply with my new Macbook air?)
I bought my macbook air recently from the US, I need is the little component that goes into the wall socket (the UK 3-pin instead of the US 2-pin)
I don't need an extra power supply, but I do need the little component in the adapter which plugs into the wall to replace the US 2-pin component. I'm hoping that the UK component can be purchased on its own
Does this fit the 11" 2012 model?
- Asked by Aris U from Grosse Pointe Park
- Jun 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this fit the 11" 2012 model?)
How much power does this 45W Magsafe 2 consume when it is plugged in to the wall socket and unplugged at the laptop end?
I take this laptop to school to laptop daily and I don't carry the charger. The charger is tediously connected to a multiple output surge protector which also connections to my PC and printer. So the laptop charger will always be on and everyday I only plug in the other magnetic side to charge the laptop. Will this harm the adaptor and will it consume power in that state where it is connected to wall socket but the laptop isn't connected (the status light will be off and the adaptor doesn't heat up at all like it does during charging).
Using the old Mag Safe power adapter on my new Mac Book Air (2013)
I have a 13 inch 2013 Mac Book air (MD760) and I lost my original power adapter. Can I use a 60W Mag Safe power adapter that has a voltage of 16.5V to charge my Mac Book Air that originally uses a power adapter with a voltage of 14.85V (using a converter)??? Does it damage the battery or the computer itself?
Please answer as soon as possible.
- Asked by Max P from New York
- Jan 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Using the old Mag Safe power adapter on my new Mac Book Air (2013))
After 33 years in computers I am a brand new Mac Air user. My question is what is the 45 WMagSafe 2 Power Adpt and where and how do u use it.
- Asked by Sandra L from Evansville
- Nov 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (After 33 years in computers I am a brand new Mac Air user. My question is what is the 45 WMagSafe 2 Power Adpt and where and how do u use it.)