Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
can i buy the long mag safe for my mac air 13 inch adapter individually?
i have the mag safe charger that came with my mac air, recently traveled and don't have the long cable, where can i buy this long cable..???
- Asked by Laurelis L from Clifton
- Dec 21, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i buy the long mag safe for my mac air 13 inch adapter individually?)
Can I buy only the removable "plug" unit from my 45-watt MagSafe Power Adapter?
- Asked by Edward S from Ottawa
- Dec 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy only the removable "plug" unit from my 45-watt MagSafe Power Adapter?)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…
I bought my macbook air recently from the US, I need is the little component that goes into the wall socket (the UK 3-pin instead of the US 2-pin)
I don't need an extra power supply, but I do need the little component in the adapter which plugs into the wall to replace the US 2-pin component. I'm hoping that the UK component can be purchased on its own
Using the old Mag Safe power adapter on my new Mac Book Air (2013)
I have a 13 inch 2013 Mac Book air (MD760) and I lost my original power adapter. Can I use a 60W Mag Safe power adapter that has a voltage of 16.5V to charge my Mac Book Air that originally uses a power adapter with a voltage of 14.85V (using a converter)??? Does it damage the battery or the computer itself?
Please answer as soon as possible.
- Asked by Max P from New York
- Jan 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Using the old Mag Safe power adapter on my new Mac Book Air (2013))
Which charger should I get for a Macbook Air mid-2011 model?
I bought one on Amazon (newest version) and it was the wrong size. I wasn't aware they had changed the size on the adapter.
What is the reference number or how do I know I am buying an adapter that will fit my mid-2011 macbook air?
- Asked by Laura S from Kent
- Aug 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Which charger should I get for a Macbook Air mid-2011 model?)
Should I purchase the 45W MagSafe 2 Adapter for my 11" Air (2nd gen, 2011)?
The answers I'm reading are not too clear. I have the Mac Air 11" 2nd gen (mid 2011). I recently left my MagSafe Power Adapter at an airport and need a replacement. But upon discovering that Apple has just come out with a Mac Air 11" 3rd gen (mid 2012) and and with a slightly different power adapter, calling it the MagSafe 2, I'm left to ponder what should be a non-decision. Would I be better advised to purchase the MagSafe 2 even though my Mac Air is the previous year's?
I sort of liked my old MagSafe with the tiny cylinder-shaped plug that was shaped to look like part of the cable (it was practically a necessity with my 1st Mac Air from 2008 because the receptacle was toward the bottom of the machine instead of on the side). But the MagSafe 2 appears to use a less stylish, squarish magnetic connector that's similar in appearance to all of the MagSafe connectors that preceded the 1st Mac Air.
Is the MacSafe 2 the better bet for use with the preceding Mac Air (2nd gen 11", 2011)? Besides being smaller and employing a more conventional-looking connector, are there any substantial improvements and advantages to consider? Is it perhaps more rugged with a longer, more wrap-able cable?
- Asked by Samuel L. C from Kenosha
- Jul 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Should I purchase the 45W MagSafe 2 Adapter for my 11" Air (2nd gen, 2011)?)
Which charger do I need for a Macbook Air 11inch, mid-2011?
And which ones are safe to buy on eBay?
- Asked by Tetyana K from Spanaway
- May 14, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Which charger do I need for a Macbook Air 11inch, mid-2011?)
what safeguards does the MagSafe 2 provide from hissing and sparking power sockets? Does it prevent any damaging voltage from reaching the laptop?
please tell me if there is a fuse built it the MagSafe 2 power adapter.
Can i use a 60w MagSafe adapter with MacBook Air 11 inch mid-2012 (which comes with the 45w)? I understand the reverse compatibility is ok. True?
- Asked by Bruce G from White Plains
- Feb 26, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use a 60w MagSafe adapter with MacBook Air 11 inch mid-2012 (which comes with the 45w)? I understand the reverse compatibility is ok. True?)
Can I use my old 45W Magsafe power supply with my new Macbook air?
I just bought the new macbook air and I use the original Magsafe2 power supply provided with the new air at work. However, when I take my new air at home, I thought that I can use my old 45W Magsafe power supply and so I would not need to carry also a power supply cord.
But I noticed that although the power provided by both power supplies is the same (45W) the voltage and the amperage is different. Is this a problem? Of course, if there is any problem with the voltage all what I need is the magsafe to magsafe2 adaptor.
- Asked by Nicolas B
- Sep 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my old 45W Magsafe power supply with my new Macbook air?)