Similar questions from the community
Is the usb superdrive compatible with a MacBook Pro 2007 ? My MBP has what appears to be infamous issues with reading DVDs
I have a MBP 3.1 (late 2007) and have had issues for the past year with reading DVDs. On researching this I am not alone, and it is not a cleaning issue and I ave ret the PRAM and SMC already !
I was going to bring it in for repair or follow some of the suggestions that are out there, which range from turning the machine on its left side to loosening the mounting brackets and of course replacing it. All come with mixed success.
My strategy in my head would be to buy a USB SuperDrive to use until I buy a new MBP. That way it can be used for my next device in a year or so instead of investing time and money to get this one fixed when I use DVDs rarely but it is annoying when I try to watch or burn them.
- Asked by Erik D from Rye Brook
- Jan 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the usb superdrive compatible with a MacBook Pro 2007 ? My MBP has what appears to be infamous issues with reading DVDs)
Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina
Hi , on my old laptop I could insert a DVD into my reader/writer drive and import DVDs to my iTunes , so when I bought my new MacBook Pro , and went into iTunes I was surprised to see only the tunes I had purchased from the store , not the ones I imported from my own cd collection . So basically my question is if I buy the SuperDrive can I import my CDs to my iTunes account as I have a lot of CDs and I'm not purchasing again from iTunes , when I have the physical cd here , I will buy songs from iTunes I don't already own , but I want to know if I can add them to my iTunes account on my MacBook , not listen to them through the SuperDrive , I know I can do that , but can I import them permanently onto my MacBook , many thanks for replies in advance , john , new to all things apple lol
- Asked by John D
- Oct 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina)
Can the super drive be used to rip DVDs with family videos
I have DVDs with family videos on it and I also have a DVD ripping software. Can I use the SuperDrive in order to covert the videos to my MacBook Pro with Retina Display?
- Asked by Nicolas S from Mount Vernon
- Jul 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the super drive be used to rip DVDs with family videos)
Is it possible to use my 2008 SuperDrive on my Macbook Pro?
I bought a SuperDrive in 2008 for my Macbook Air (first generation) and still use it. I just bought a MacBook Pro with Retina display and I am having trouble using the SuperDrive on my new computer. It said something like "SuperDrive not compatible with computer." However, when I look at this SuperDrive, it says it should be compatible. Because I have an older SuperDrive, will it no longer be compatible with my new computer?
- Asked by Gianna Z from Arroyo Grande
- Nov 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to use my 2008 SuperDrive on my Macbook Pro?)
Compatible with all recent Macs?
Is this compatible with all recent Macs, or is it like earlier USB SuperDrives in that it is modded to only work with Macs that don't have an optical drive (MacBook Air, Mac mini Server, and now, the new MacBook Pro with Retina Display)?
- Asked by Jackson H from Avon
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatible with all recent Macs?)
can the usb superdrive be hooked up to a normal TV?
I have a dvd drive in my macbook pro that works just fine, but i like to multitask on my down time. so can the USB SuperDrive be hooked up to a normal TV that way i can watch a movie and still be able to use my mac for other things? If not, is there a way to work around that by hooking it up to a secondary unit that routs into the TV?
- Asked by Rebecca F from Falcon
- Mar 4, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can the usb superdrive be hooked up to a normal TV?)
does the usb superdrive work with macbook pro2
- Asked by Judy M from Bainbridge Island
- Jan 6, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (does the usb superdrive work with macbook pro2)
No answers yet
Does the USB Superdrive work on an older Macbook pro
- Asked by Paul B from Jackson
- Jan 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB Superdrive work on an older Macbook pro)
Will the Apple USB SuperDrive record to CDs, DVDs, and install new aps?
- Asked by Marian R from Walnut Creek
- Nov 19, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Apple USB SuperDrive record to CDs, DVDs, and install new aps?)
Can you have more than one Apple USB SuperDrive in operation at the same time on a Macbook 15" Retina?
I have a late 2013 Macbook Retina 15" 2.3 GHz i7 and was wondering about purchasing two Apple USB SuperDrives, i.e. one for each USB port. I have a number of DVDs I want to add to my hand-coded media entertainment app and running two drives simultaneously would make the import process much quicker.
My assumption would be that you can, but any info from others would be much appreciated.
Can I use a Apple USB SuperDrive to burn CD/DVDs? Does it work with Blu Ray?
- Asked by Ismael L from Devine
- Feb 17, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use a Apple USB SuperDrive to burn CD/DVDs? Does it work with Blu Ray?)
Will superdrive work with late 2007 white MacBook ?
- Asked by Daniel M from Brunswick
- Nov 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will superdrive work with late 2007 white MacBook ?)
Will the USB SuperDrive work with when hooked up to a USB hub?
I have many usb items that I need to use with my MacBook Air, so is it possible to use the SuperDrive while plugged into a hub or does it have to be connected directly to the MacBook?
- Asked by Peter P from West Seneca
- Aug 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the USB SuperDrive work with when hooked up to a USB hub?)