Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Is this enough to power a Digital Camera Back like PhaseOne or Hasselbald?
Majority of medium format camera digital backs equip with Firewire connectivity instead of USB 3.0, is this adapter capable to be used to connect and power a digital bak of that kind, so as the image transfer? For brand like Phase One, Leaf or Hasselbald?
- Asked by Robin C from New York
- Aug 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this enough to power a Digital Camera Back like PhaseOne or Hasselbald?)
Enough to Power my Audio sound card?
I am so excited with this release and I am not at home to check the power consumption of my sound card!
Would it be able to power my:
M-Audio 1814 FireWire sound card???
- Asked by John M
- Aug 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Enough to Power my Audio sound card?)
Can I use this device to download data from an old digital camera with a FireWire port to a new PC laptop with a thunderbolt port?
I have an old CANON GL2 digital video camera which has a Firewire port used to down load video. I have a new PC laptop computer that came with a thunderbolt port but no firewire port so I now have no way to download my videos to my computer for editing. Can I download video from the camera to the new PC laptop using the Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter?
Thank you very much.
Will this let me connect my firewire video camera to final cut pro?
- Asked by Josh J from Rutland
- Aug 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this let me connect my firewire video camera to final cut pro?)
Can the Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter be used for capturing video from DV recorders and/or cameras? Thanks in advance for any response
Could I use this adapter to connect my Digidesign 003 factory to my iMac thunderbolt connect or would it lack sufficient power?
I need to use my 2012 iMac as a hardwired display (not remote) for my 2011 Mac Pro tower which of course doesn't have thunderbolt...
iMacs must use thunderbolt for features like target display mode etc. Would this resolve this issue? :-)
- Asked by Jesse R from Kalamazoo
- Aug 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I need to use my 2012 iMac as a hardwired display (not remote) for my 2011 Mac Pro tower which of course doesn't have thunderbolt...)
Is Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter compatible with Windows 7 professional ?
I would like to buy the new Imac 2014 and since that no longer has the firewire port I would use this adapter Thunderbolt to FireWire to connect my lab equipment, but I'll use the Bootcamp partition probably will mount windows 7 professional.
the adapter will work correctly in windows 7?
let me know
Thanks in advance to all
- Asked by Marco G from Lecco
- Jul 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter compatible with Windows 7 professional ?)
External Thunderbolt drive to older Firewire Mac adaptor???
Sounds like from the good information on this forum that this adaptor cannot connect an external Thunderbolt drive to an older Firewire Mac.
Given this, does anyone know of an adaptor that will allow one to do this?
This would obviously be useful to those of us with a new iMac in one location and older macs in another where we would like to transfer data between the two using an external Thunderbolt drive.
- Asked by Tom W from Salt Lake City
- Jul 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (External Thunderbolt drive to older Firewire Mac adaptor???)
Can this adapter be used to transfer my files from a Late 2009 IMac to a brand new fusion IMac. I have a firewire 800 cable.
I am getting a new IMac 27" with fusion drive. I would like to transfer my files from my Late 2009 27" iMac. Can I use the firewire to thunderbolt adapter for this purpose?
- Asked by Jose O from Coral Gables
- Dec 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used to transfer my files from a Late 2009 IMac to a brand new fusion IMac. I have a firewire 800 cable.)
Will this adapter work with a 4th gen ipad
I would like to upload raw images via my firewire compact flash card to my 4th gen ipad. My card reader is firewire 800. Thank you.
- Asked by Joseph B from Roswell
- Dec 21, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work with a 4th gen ipad)
Will this let a FW800 HD work under Windows 7 / BootCamp on a MBP Retina?
Has anyone tried to connect one (or more) external hard-drives with FW800 ports through this adapter to a MacBook Pro (Retina) running Windows 7 under BootCamp?
I have quite a load of specific Windows software that does not exist under Mac OS X, and more than a wheelbarrow of files stored on LaCie 1 or 2 TB Quadra hard-drives with FW800 ports.
I'm considering to update my current MBP15 to a new MBP15(Retina) and I need to be sure that it does what I need before I order it: money-back-guarantee isn't an option as my employer sources most of our hardware through a lease contractor.
- Asked by Daniele T from Ferrara
- Aug 8, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this let a FW800 HD work under Windows 7 / BootCamp on a MBP Retina?)
do multiple TB-FW adapters create multiple FW busses?
I have a question concerning the use of multiple thunderbolt to firewire adapters. If I plug two of these into an iMac, and then a drive to each adapter, would those devices present themselves to the computer as being on two different firewire busses, or one unified firewire bus?
Some people on here have commented on how they have multiple drives daisy-chained to one adapter, that is not what I am asking about, as in that kind of situation you can easily saturate a single firewire buss.
My purpose here is to use Universal Audio's Satellite UAD product (firewire) in addition to a firewire audio interface. the Satellite prefers to be the sole device on a FW chain for best performance, so what I would like to do is use one adapter for a satellite, and one for a firewire audio interface, and have the two operate independently on their own busses.
Does anyone know if this is possible? Has anyone tried it?
- Asked by Henry R from Chandler
- Jun 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (do multiple TB-FW adapters create multiple FW busses?)