Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
how can I connect a firewire G-drive to a thunderbolt mac
the firewire plug is an older connector and won't work in the adaptor
- Asked by Kurt M from Smyrna
- Dec 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (how can I connect a firewire G-drive to a thunderbolt mac)
Can this be used to connect a Firepod audio interface to my iMac?
I looking to connet a Firepod (Firewire 400 audio interface) that I use to record music (with Garageband) to my laptop and a new iMac. Neither have Firewire so would this adaptor work? The Firepod has its own power so no problem there. Does anyone have experiences to share?
- Asked by Keith M
- Nov 26, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used to connect a Firepod audio interface to my iMac?)
Will this work with an iPod (touch wheel), which has an FireWire 400 port, connected via this particular adapter and an adapter FireWire 800 to 400?
My macbook air used to work with my monitor. Now I cannot get it to work with any monitor using HDMI or the pin connections. Can these ports go bad?
- Asked by Kris G from Ballston Spa
- Nov 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (My macbook air used to work with my monitor. Now I cannot get it to work with any monitor using HDMI or the pin connections. Can these ports go bad?)
Does this Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter connect to my Digidesign Digi 03 console which uses (male) firewire 1394-800
Does this Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter connect to my Avid Digidesign Digi 03 console (pro tools )which uses (male) firewire IEEE 1394-800
or is there a adapter I must purchase also and if so please could you name the adapter or give it's manufacturer so I can look it up.
What is the name of this firewire connector it doesn't look like 9 pin 6 pin or 4 pin ( 800- 600- 400) I need to know to buy an adapter to connect to my
- Asked by Melchi J from Rochester
- Nov 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter connect to my Digidesign Digi 03 console which uses (male) firewire 1394-800)
Can this adapter be used to connect thunderbolt external hard drive to older mac with firewire 800?
I want to purchase a Thunderbolt external hard Drive to use with my new MacBook Pro with retina display. I also want to be able to use that hard drive with my older iMac that only has FireWire 800. Will this adapter allow me to connect the thunderbolt drive to the older iMac.
- Asked by Alexander E from Dix Hills
- Aug 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used to connect thunderbolt external hard drive to older mac with firewire 800?)
"firewire to thunderbolt" adapter?
So how do I connect a Thunderbolt drive to a Firewire port?
- Asked by Edmund B F from Houston
- Jan 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate ("firewire to thunderbolt" adapter?)
No answers yet
Is Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter compatible with Windows 7 professional ?
I would like to buy the new Imac 2014 and since that no longer has the firewire port I would use this adapter Thunderbolt to FireWire to connect my lab equipment, but I'll use the Bootcamp partition probably will mount windows 7 professional.
the adapter will work correctly in windows 7?
let me know
Thanks in advance to all
- Asked by Marco G from Lecco
- Jul 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter compatible with Windows 7 professional ?)
Will this let a FW800 HD work under Windows 7 / BootCamp on a MBP Retina?
Has anyone tried to connect one (or more) external hard-drives with FW800 ports through this adapter to a MacBook Pro (Retina) running Windows 7 under BootCamp?
I have quite a load of specific Windows software that does not exist under Mac OS X, and more than a wheelbarrow of files stored on LaCie 1 or 2 TB Quadra hard-drives with FW800 ports.
I'm considering to update my current MBP15 to a new MBP15(Retina) and I need to be sure that it does what I need before I order it: money-back-guarantee isn't an option as my employer sources most of our hardware through a lease contractor.
- Asked by Daniele T from Ferrara
- Aug 8, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this let a FW800 HD work under Windows 7 / BootCamp on a MBP Retina?)
Is this enough to power a Digital Camera Back like PhaseOne or Hasselbald?
Majority of medium format camera digital backs equip with Firewire connectivity instead of USB 3.0, is this adapter capable to be used to connect and power a digital bak of that kind, so as the image transfer? For brand like Phase One, Leaf or Hasselbald?
- Asked by Robin C from New York
- Aug 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this enough to power a Digital Camera Back like PhaseOne or Hasselbald?)
Will this adapter work with a 4th gen ipad
I would like to upload raw images via my firewire compact flash card to my 4th gen ipad. My card reader is firewire 800. Thank you.
- Asked by Joseph B from Roswell
- Dec 21, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work with a 4th gen ipad)
thunderbolt to firewire400 adapter?
Hi, I've got a TimeMachine with FW400 connection and want to buy a new MacBook Pro that only has Thunderbolt. I've searched for a Thunderbolt to FW400 adapter, but only find one that says it's for Thunderbolt to FW800. Is there an adapter for TB to FW400? Or am I going to have to daisy chain (FW400 to FW800, then FW800 to Thunderbolt)? Thanks!
- Asked by Stacey K from West Bloomfield
- Aug 3, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (thunderbolt to firewire400 adapter?)
I'm reiterating a question asked by several others. Does anyone know if the opposite adapter is available ie: firewire mac to thunder external drive?
Could I use this adapter to connect my Digidesign 003 factory to my iMac thunderbolt connect or would it lack sufficient power?
Two screens on macbookair using mavericks
Can Mavericks support two external monitors on macbook air?
Is there a thunderbolt splitter that I can use to connect two external monitors to macbook air?
I know I can use Apple TV but not looking for that solution
- Asked by Yitzhak K from Santa Clara
- Oct 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Two screens on macbookair using mavericks)
Will it power the FW ports at back of Cinema Display?
With the new Mac Mini (2014) no longer having FW, can the FW ports at the back of my 20" Cinema Display (Alu) be powered via this adapter? The display has 2USB2 and 2 FW400 ports at back and would be connected using Apple's HDMI-DVI, the USB cable plugs directly into the Mini's USB3 port but for FW I'd have to use this adapter.
- Asked by Francesco P from Montreal
- Oct 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it power the FW ports at back of Cinema Display?)