Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
What kind of mount do you need in order to rotate a Thunderbold display into a portrait display
Looking into purchasing a Thunderbolt but would like to rotate it back and forth between landscape and portrait display, can this be possible, if so what kind of mount do I need to purchase?
- Asked by Daniel R from Ithaca
- Apr 19, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What kind of mount do you need in order to rotate a Thunderbold display into a portrait display)
Am I able to order a replacement ac power cord for my 27" thunderbolt display?
I am moving back from the UK to USA and need to replace the AC power cord that plugs into an electrical outlet. Will I be able to order this part separately? If so, how? Online or over the phone? What is the part number?
- Asked by Zach W from Portland
- Feb 22, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Am I able to order a replacement ac power cord for my 27" thunderbolt display?)
Can I use this display safely in the UK? Do I need any extra equipment?
I purchased this (or a similar model) in 2012. I have recently relocated to the UK. I want to know what I need in order to safely operate this display in the UK?
Do I need a simple outlet adapter, or will I need a Voltage Transformer?
- Asked by Meghan E M from New York
- Sep 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this display safely in the UK? Do I need any extra equipment?)
Can I remove stand and wall mount thunderbolt display?
- Asked by Mike J from Lions Bay
- Mar 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I remove stand and wall mount thunderbolt display?)
what cable is needed to connect the thunderbolt display to a mac pro?
- Asked by Semir B from Calgary
- Mar 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (what cable is needed to connect the thunderbolt display to a mac pro?)
Can I connect my PS3 to the thunderbolt display?
What equipment will i need if possible?
- Asked by Bart W
- Mar 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my PS3 to the thunderbolt display?)
Thunderbolt display audio output to RCA
I have a Macbook Pro connected to a Thunderbolt display and I would like to output audio (ideally from the display) to a 5.1 speaker system that takes six RCA inputs. Can you tell me if this is possible and what I'd need please?
- Asked by John K
- Jan 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt display audio output to RCA)
No answers yet
Can i connect my iPad to my Apple Thunderbolt Display? Which adapter do I need? I'd like to stream content on my iPad to the thunderbolt display.
Is the ThunderBolt Display worth the money?
I love my 13" non-retina MacBook pro and I'm curious if the the Thunderbolt display is worth the money. I don't care about the glare as I will be looking out a window so the sun won't reflect on it. I produce music and an extra display would be of huge help. My concern is, is it reliable? I really don't care about height adjustment or anything but is it a quality-built monitor that will last a while? I have a 19" Dell Monitor but its having problems and I would like to upgrade to something better. I am also a school student and I guess it could help with research papers and such.
- Asked by Jesse H from Clarence Center
- Jan 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the ThunderBolt Display worth the money?)
Do you need two Thunderbolt cables to link 2 Thunderbolt displays to a 27" iMac?
Im looking at replacing my aging 2006 Macbook with a 27" iMac and looking to run 2 extra Thunderbolt displays how many Thunderbolt cables would i need?
- Asked by Chris P
- Jul 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you need two Thunderbolt cables to link 2 Thunderbolt displays to a 27" iMac?)
Macbook air doesn't have FireWire or Etherne port.. Can I connect the MBA to display and use display ports instead?
Eg. I need to connect my MacBook air to my router via Ethernet cable... Can I use the display to create this connection? Same for FireWire?
what is the difference between the thunderbolt display and the cinema display?
- Asked by Reynaldo Allan B from Los Angeles
- Nov 25, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the difference between the thunderbolt display and the cinema display?)
What is the difference between this display and the LED Cinema Display?
- Asked by Alex L from Bozeman
- Aug 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the difference between this display and the LED Cinema Display?)
Thunderbolt display cable length/extension
Apple doesn't say, but I've read that the integral Thunderbolt cable is just one meter (or three feet approx.). I have also read that it is possible to extend this by purchasing the two meter Thunderbolt cable from Apple and connecting to the extra port, but then I will not have powered USB / Firewire ports on the display.
Question: is there a connector that would allow me to extend the integral cable by adding Apple's cable and thus retain use of the Thunderbolt port and allow power to the USB & Firewire ports.
I am will be using this with a rMacbook Pro. I have some work I need to do at a few feet distant from the monitor.
- Asked by Jonathan B from Miami
- Oct 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt display cable length/extension)
No answers yet
Does the latest Apple Thunderbolt display have a mega safe 2 connector or mega safe?
I am thinking of buying the new line of macs and I was wondering if Thunderbolt display has a mega safe 2 connector or 1? Do I need an adapter?
And which of the new Macs have Mega Safe 2? Does Air has Mega Safe 1 or 2?
- Asked by Rawaz M from Bradenton
- Jun 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the latest Apple Thunderbolt display have a mega safe 2 connector or mega safe?)