Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Apple Display Power in UAE
Hi, I am moving to UAE next month and I would like to know if my Apple 27" display will work there. It's not the Thunderbolt model but the previous incantation of this display.
- Asked by Shawn S from Germantown
- Dec 1, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple Display Power in UAE)
Can I power a Thunderbolt Display from the mac-mini?
Wondering if I have to have an additional mains plug for the display or if it will run from power off the mac-mini.
- Asked by Neil K
- Oct 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I power a Thunderbolt Display from the mac-mini?)
Will the 27" Thunderbolt Display power a USB SuperDrive?
My SuperDrive works only if I plug it directly into my Retina Display MBP, thus taking up one of the USB ports. My powered USB hub will not power the SuperDrive, and neither will the USB ports on the back of my 30" Cinema Display monitor.
If I get the 27" Thunderbolt Display, can I plug the SuperDrive into one of the USB ports on the back of the display and draw enough power from it?
- Asked by Roger B from Los Angeles
- Jan 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the 27" Thunderbolt Display power a USB SuperDrive?)
Thunderbolt display cable length/extension
Apple doesn't say, but I've read that the integral Thunderbolt cable is just one meter (or three feet approx.). I have also read that it is possible to extend this by purchasing the two meter Thunderbolt cable from Apple and connecting to the extra port, but then I will not have powered USB / Firewire ports on the display.
Question: is there a connector that would allow me to extend the integral cable by adding Apple's cable and thus retain use of the Thunderbolt port and allow power to the USB & Firewire ports.
I am will be using this with a rMacbook Pro. I have some work I need to do at a few feet distant from the monitor.
- Asked by Jonathan B from Miami
- Oct 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt display cable length/extension)
No answers yet
What is the average power consumption of the Thunderbolt display when hooked up to a new 85W MacBook Pro 15"?
I'm off-grid so this really matters. I'm gutted Apple have discontinued the 17" MacBook Pro because that extra screen real estate makes an enormous amount of difference. A desktop is much too power hungry for my situation, but if the Thunderbolt display is reasonable then this setup becomes a potential (if far more expensive) replacement option.
Can I connect the apple TV to the Apple Thunderbolt Display
- Asked by Edward & Angelika G from Atlanta
- Nov 9, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect the apple TV to the Apple Thunderbolt Display)
what is the difference between the thunderbolt display and the cinema display?
- Asked by Reynaldo Allan B from Los Angeles
- Nov 25, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the difference between the thunderbolt display and the cinema display?)
What is the difference between this display and the LED Cinema Display?
- Asked by Alex L from Bozeman
- Aug 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the difference between this display and the LED Cinema Display?)
When connected to a MacBook pro, how do you turn everything on?
Basically I have a laptop pro stand so the display will be on top with the MacBook stored under. Do I have to pull it all apart and open the laptop just to turn it on every time? I didn't see a power button on the display or anything...
- Asked by Jordan P from Bonne Terre
- Apr 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (When connected to a MacBook pro, how do you turn everything on?)
I want to use my HP laptop to connect with the apple display. So can I use a cinema display or thunderbolt display to use with my window laptop.
Is it possible to connect Apple Thunderbolt Display 27inch to Mini Mac mini display port? Version from 2010, that doesn't have thunderbolt output?
Thunderbolt to mini display port?
- Asked by Petar B from Beograd
- Oct 26, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to connect Apple Thunderbolt Display 27inch to Mini Mac mini display port? Version from 2010, that doesn't have thunderbolt output?)
Does the Thunderbolt has Ratina Display or equivalent?
Does the Thunderbolt has Ratina Display or equivalent?
- Asked by Hossam A from Elwood Park
- Nov 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Thunderbolt has Ratina Display or equivalent?)
What are the thunderbolt display dimensions
I have a space in which I'd like to insert the display, 21"x23"-
Is there a display to fit that space?
- Asked by Eva T from Bermuda Dunes
- Mar 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What are the thunderbolt display dimensions)
Will the usb ports on this keyboard work with the Thunderbolt display?
- Asked by Brynne P from Charlottesville
- Jan 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the usb ports on this keyboard work with the Thunderbolt display?)
- Asked about: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad …
Can you turn the Thunderbolt Display's volume OFF?
I want to connect the Bose Companion 5 system via USB, but my question is how do I turn off the Thunderbolt Display sound while keeping the sound coming from my Bose Speakers?
Thanks in advance, hope someone can answer this, i'd really appreciate it!
- Asked by Michael C from Riverview
- Feb 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you turn the Thunderbolt Display's volume OFF?)
Is the ThunderBolt Display worth the money?
I love my 13" non-retina MacBook pro and I'm curious if the the Thunderbolt display is worth the money. I don't care about the glare as I will be looking out a window so the sun won't reflect on it. I produce music and an extra display would be of huge help. My concern is, is it reliable? I really don't care about height adjustment or anything but is it a quality-built monitor that will last a while? I have a 19" Dell Monitor but its having problems and I would like to upgrade to something better. I am also a school student and I guess it could help with research papers and such.
- Asked by Jesse H from Clarence Center
- Jan 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the ThunderBolt Display worth the money?)