Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
I would like to know if I can use an Ethernet splitter to allow both the Thunderbolt display and my NAS drive access to the router?
- Asked by Matt F from Uffington
- Sep 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I would like to know if I can use an Ethernet splitter to allow both the Thunderbolt display and my NAS drive access to the router?)
Thunderbolt display, thunderbolt storage and networks/NAS
If the thunderbolt display is connected to my home network via ethernet (i.e. to my router)and also to a thunderbolt storage drive (such as the LaCie 4TB 2 big thunderbolt drive), will the storage drive function as a NAS that can be accessed by other devices on my network (e.g. for streaming photos and music to my Sonos, PC laptop, etc without a macbook being connected to the display too)?
- Asked by Tim A
- Mar 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt display, thunderbolt storage and networks/NAS)
Can I connect to an external Thunderbolt HDD using the Thunderbolt on the display?
I have purchased a Thunderbolt NAS drive from Apple recently and also have a Thunderbolt enabled Macbook Air.
My question is that if I purchase then new Display, can I connect the NAS through the Thunderbolt port on the back of the Display?
I know this is the case for USB but does it work for Thunderbolt connected drives as well?
- Asked by John H
- Mar 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect to an external Thunderbolt HDD using the Thunderbolt on the display?)
What are the USB ports and Ethernet port on Thunderbolt Displays used for?
So my question is, what all things I can connect to Thunderbolt display's USB ports?
If I connect a thumb drive, will it be accessible? (on mac mini if its connected to thunderbolt display)
If I have connected a Mac mini's thunderbolt port to Thunderbolt display, and for Internet access if I connect LAN cable to Ethernet port of Thunderbolt display, will I get internet connection on my mac mini?
- Asked by Vaibhav D from Pune
- Feb 17, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (What are the USB ports and Ethernet port on Thunderbolt Displays used for?)
Is there a way to use the thunderbolt display as tv receiver?
I'm counsidering buying a TBD as an external display but, since my HDTV is already doing the job, I want to know if I can resell it and keep only the TBD.
I'm thinking for exemple about an option to install a tv card on it, or to use a usb tv card, or something like that.
- Asked by Wendy E from Miami
- Jan 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to use the thunderbolt display as tv receiver?)
Apple Display Power in UAE
Hi, I am moving to UAE next month and I would like to know if my Apple 27" display will work there. It's not the Thunderbolt model but the previous incantation of this display.
- Asked by Shawn S from Germantown
- Dec 1, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple Display Power in UAE)
What are the thunderbolt display dimensions
I have a space in which I'd like to insert the display, 21"x23"-
Is there a display to fit that space?
- Asked by Eva T from Bermuda Dunes
- Mar 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What are the thunderbolt display dimensions)
Is the ThunderBolt Display worth the money?
I love my 13" non-retina MacBook pro and I'm curious if the the Thunderbolt display is worth the money. I don't care about the glare as I will be looking out a window so the sun won't reflect on it. I produce music and an extra display would be of huge help. My concern is, is it reliable? I really don't care about height adjustment or anything but is it a quality-built monitor that will last a while? I have a 19" Dell Monitor but its having problems and I would like to upgrade to something better. I am also a school student and I guess it could help with research papers and such.
- Asked by Jesse H from Clarence Center
- Jan 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the ThunderBolt Display worth the money?)
Can I connect my PC with DisplayPort to the Thunderbolt Display using an adapter or cable?
For work, I have an HP EliteBook 8470p, which has DisplayPort. When I'm using it at home, I'd like to be able to hook it up to my Thunderbolt Display.
I haven't found a male DisplayPort to female mini-DisplayPort/Thunderbolt adapter, but I have found a male DisplayPort to male mini-DisplayPort/Thunderbolt cable, which would technically allow me to connect the devices. However, I'm not sure whether the Thunderbolt Display accepts input from anything other than it's attached cable, or whether my PC's DisplayPort signal is compatible. Is it?
- Asked by Brandon V from Medina
- Jan 31, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my PC with DisplayPort to the Thunderbolt Display using an adapter or cable?)
How do I find the serial number on my Thunderbolt display?
I would like to register my Thunderbolt display with my other Mac items. How do I find the serial number on it?
- Asked by Dennis S from Houston
- Jan 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I find the serial number on my Thunderbolt display?)
Connecting my Bose speakers to the Thunderbolt display
Ive some Bose Music Monitor Computer speakers Id like to use.
How would I connect them?
- Asked by Paul T
- Nov 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting my Bose speakers to the Thunderbolt display)
Thunderbolt display audio output to RCA
I have a Macbook Pro connected to a Thunderbolt display and I would like to output audio (ideally from the display) to a 5.1 speaker system that takes six RCA inputs. Can you tell me if this is possible and what I'd need please?
- Asked by John K
- Jan 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt display audio output to RCA)
No answers yet
Can i connect my iPad to my Apple Thunderbolt Display? Which adapter do I need? I'd like to stream content on my iPad to the thunderbolt display.
Thunderbolt display cable length/extension
Apple doesn't say, but I've read that the integral Thunderbolt cable is just one meter (or three feet approx.). I have also read that it is possible to extend this by purchasing the two meter Thunderbolt cable from Apple and connecting to the extra port, but then I will not have powered USB / Firewire ports on the display.
Question: is there a connector that would allow me to extend the integral cable by adding Apple's cable and thus retain use of the Thunderbolt port and allow power to the USB & Firewire ports.
I am will be using this with a rMacbook Pro. I have some work I need to do at a few feet distant from the monitor.
- Asked by Jonathan B from Miami
- Oct 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt display cable length/extension)
No answers yet
Can I use both firewire ports (Thunderbolt Display AND Macbook Pro) concurrently?
I have a FW800 external hard drive, which I usually daisy chain through a FW400 audio interface (which brings the speed of both devices down to FW400).
Can I run the hard drive off the thunderbolt display at full (FW800) speed, while running the audio device at FW400 from the Macbook FW port?
- Asked by Christian A from Palmyra
- Jan 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use both firewire ports (Thunderbolt Display AND Macbook Pro) concurrently?)
Can I connect my laptop from work (Dell / HP) to a Thunderbolt Display?
I would like to buy a Macbook Air for home but I would like to use one monitor for both, my PC from work (Dell / HP) and my new Macbook. I really like the Thunderbolt display but I am not sure if it will work with my PC.
- Asked by Juan S from Katy
- Aug 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my laptop from work (Dell / HP) to a Thunderbolt Display?)