Similar questions from the community
Can this adapter be used to connect to the printer (that has just the USB socket) to use the printer via local Ethernet?
- Asked by Filip W from Krakow
- Feb 8, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used to connect to the printer (that has just the USB socket) to use the printer via local Ethernet?)
Print to an HP5000DN via it's ethernet connection.
I have a MacBook Pro 17 that prints fine to the printer via the printers own IP address, but I want to print from the ethernet challenged Retina MBP 15. I tried using it on the already working MBP 17, but it didn't recognize the printer. Will it work? And do I need different settings when using the adapter versus the built-in ethernet?
- Asked by Bill F from Rancho Mirage
- Feb 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Print to an HP5000DN via it's ethernet connection.)
Will this allow a network printer (HP 2100 TN) to be connected via the USB port?
- Asked by Keith L from Philadelphia
- Apr 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this allow a network printer (HP 2100 TN) to be connected via the USB port?)
Can this adapter be used with an Ipod?
I do not have wireless connection to the internet at work. So, can I connect
my ipod to this Apple USB Ethernet Adapter and the ethernet end to the ethernet plug on the wall without damaging my ipod?
- Asked by Patricio L from Cupertino
- Feb 3, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used with an Ipod?)
Can this product connect to Gigabit cable?
I am now using this USB Ethernet Adapter to connect a GB Ethernet device. However, my Macbook Air can not detect that device
- Asked by Dongyi L
- Jul 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this product connect to Gigabit cable?)
Do I need the Ethernet Adapter to connect Singtel broadband to Mac Air?
I do not have WIFI and I am using Singtel broadband all the times. Several attempts have been made o access to Internet by inserting the broadband into the USB port of Mac Air but failed to access to Internet. Do I need to set up, if so please email me the instruction or is there an additional cable I need to purchase in order to connect to boardband. Kindly advise. Thank you
- Asked by Lorna L
- Aug 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need the Ethernet Adapter to connect Singtel broadband to Mac Air?)
Does this USB Ethernet Adapter also work in a MacBook Pro
The product description it is for a MacBook Air. I just want to be sure it will work in my MBP
- Asked by Bernie D from Croydon
- Oct 20, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this USB Ethernet Adapter also work in a MacBook Pro)
Can this be used on a PowerBook G4?
One of the ethernet plug wire connectors (inside the plug-in port) is bent, so the ethernet cable does not connect up correctly (and there is no wireless in the work area). Can this adapter work on my PowerBook G4 so that I can get back my ethernet connection to the network? The description for this item indicates that it works on MacBooks (and MacBook Pros), but does it just require a USB 2.0 port?
- Asked by Jonathan M from Farmington
- Mar 9, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used on a PowerBook G4?)
Can I connect MBA to ethernet port on Time Capsule associated with my iMac?
My iMac is wirelessly connected to my Time Capsule router device. I want to hard connect my MBA directly to my internet server (not wirelessly). Can I just connect the USB ethernet adapter from my MBA into a second ethernet port on the Time Capsule and be able to connect to the internet directly and still be able to share files and data from my iMac to my MBA?
- Asked by Michael W from Nashville
- Aug 28, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect MBA to ethernet port on Time Capsule associated with my iMac?)
Can you use multiple USB Ethernet Adapters connected to a USB hub to be able to support multiple IP interfaces?
I use my Mac as a network testing device and currently rely on being able to create multiple vlan devices over a single interface. If this can allow my MAC to have 5 real physical interfaces (en0 to en4) then this would be awesome.
- Asked by Mike S from Mountlake Terrace
- Oct 26, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use multiple USB Ethernet Adapters connected to a USB hub to be able to support multiple IP interfaces?)
2nd Ethernet Port for MacMini Server
Can I use this Adapter on a MacMini Server with Snow Leopard to create a 2ndary Ethernet Port, so that I have the internal Gigabit Port of the MacMini connected into my Home Network and the USB to Ethernet Adapter to a xDSL Router to provide a Public IP Address to provide Access to the Internet?!
- Asked by Max M
- Aug 15, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (2nd Ethernet Port for MacMini Server)
if you plug the apple USB ethernet adaptor into your mac book pro and you are in a non-internet area, will the USB provide it with internet?
I mean if the USB gets plugged in...does it 'find' other wi-fi's to connect with or 'is' it internet? because i want to buy one but i want to know if this USB can be used in planes or cars...with no actual connection to another home or business wi-fi. so is it the connection USB or the internet??
Does an USB Ethernet Adapter work on MAC pro retina(2013 later version)
My USB Ethernet Adapter is a usb2.0, but it is a non-Apple product. I tried download different drivers, but they all failed to let my ethernet to be connected. As you know, this macbook does not have an ethernet port, and I cannot add a "USB ethernet" on the interface of the network as I cannot find this item. Thank you for any suggestions in advance.
- Asked by Cong D from Hamilton
- Jan 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does an USB Ethernet Adapter work on MAC pro retina(2013 later version))
Dose the Apple USB Ethernet Adapter use dynamic MAC address or one single unique MAC address?
I need to use my Macbook Air to access university ethernet network, since that need to register the MAC address to the university first, I want to know if this USB ethernet adapter is using one single MAC address all the time or generate a dynamic MAC address. Thanks!
- Asked by Yanqing L from East Lansing
- Sep 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Dose the Apple USB Ethernet Adapter use dynamic MAC address or one single unique MAC address?)