Similar questions from the community
Will this connect my Humax PVR which has Ethernet capability to my internet-ready TV when my wireless router is on a different floor in my house?
i want to use my TV's internet setting and Humax PVR's ethernet capability to be able to get iPlayer etc on my TV freeview directly. I have to ethernet connect the PVR to my router but it is on a different floor. Will this device do it by connecting to my wireless network? (If not, what kit would?)
I tried Powerline connectors but they did not connect to my mac wireless network (was told my Timecapsule firewall was blocking access, although the powelines 'found' each other)
Can I connect MBA to ethernet port on Time Capsule associated with my iMac?
My iMac is wirelessly connected to my Time Capsule router device. I want to hard connect my MBA directly to my internet server (not wirelessly). Can I just connect the USB ethernet adapter from my MBA into a second ethernet port on the Time Capsule and be able to connect to the internet directly and still be able to share files and data from my iMac to my MBA?
- Asked by Michael W from Nashville
- Aug 28, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect MBA to ethernet port on Time Capsule associated with my iMac?)
2nd Ethernet Port for MacMini Server
Can I use this Adapter on a MacMini Server with Snow Leopard to create a 2ndary Ethernet Port, so that I have the internal Gigabit Port of the MacMini connected into my Home Network and the USB to Ethernet Adapter to a xDSL Router to provide a Public IP Address to provide Access to the Internet?!
- Asked by Max M
- Aug 15, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (2nd Ethernet Port for MacMini Server)
Can this adapter be used with an Ipod?
I do not have wireless connection to the internet at work. So, can I connect
my ipod to this Apple USB Ethernet Adapter and the ethernet end to the ethernet plug on the wall without damaging my ipod?
- Asked by Patricio L from Cupertino
- Feb 3, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used with an Ipod?)
if you plug the apple USB ethernet adaptor into your mac book pro and you are in a non-internet area, will the USB provide it with internet?
I mean if the USB gets plugged in...does it 'find' other wi-fi's to connect with or 'is' it internet? because i want to buy one but i want to know if this USB can be used in planes or cars...with no actual connection to another home or business wi-fi. so is it the connection USB or the internet??
Do I need the Ethernet Adapter to connect Singtel broadband to Mac Air?
I do not have WIFI and I am using Singtel broadband all the times. Several attempts have been made o access to Internet by inserting the broadband into the USB port of Mac Air but failed to access to Internet. Do I need to set up, if so please email me the instruction or is there an additional cable I need to purchase in order to connect to boardband. Kindly advise. Thank you
- Asked by Lorna L
- Aug 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need the Ethernet Adapter to connect Singtel broadband to Mac Air?)
Print to an HP5000DN via it's ethernet connection.
I have a MacBook Pro 17 that prints fine to the printer via the printers own IP address, but I want to print from the ethernet challenged Retina MBP 15. I tried using it on the already working MBP 17, but it didn't recognize the printer. Will it work? And do I need different settings when using the adapter versus the built-in ethernet?
- Asked by Bill F from Rancho Mirage
- Feb 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Print to an HP5000DN via it's ethernet connection.)
can i use this to connect a usb modem or mobile phone, with cables, to airport express for internet access. i only have wireless service, no ADSL
- Asked by Mark A from Kununurra
- Dec 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use this to connect a usb modem or mobile phone, with cables, to airport express for internet access. i only have wireless service, no ADSL)
Does an USB Ethernet Adapter work on MAC pro retina(2013 later version)
My USB Ethernet Adapter is a usb2.0, but it is a non-Apple product. I tried download different drivers, but they all failed to let my ethernet to be connected. As you know, this macbook does not have an ethernet port, and I cannot add a "USB ethernet" on the interface of the network as I cannot find this item. Thank you for any suggestions in advance.
- Asked by Cong D from Hamilton
- Jan 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does an USB Ethernet Adapter work on MAC pro retina(2013 later version))
If wifi is slow, and I use this instead will this make my connection faster? I often plug in my other notebook on slow connections.
I live in CHina where internet is often slow and unstable and wifi when it works is slower. If I plug in my other notebook to my router it speeds up the process. Will this help speed it up or is the airport a faster connection?
- Asked by Luke M from New York
- Jul 19, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (If wifi is slow, and I use this instead will this make my connection faster? I often plug in my other notebook on slow connections.)
Can this product connect to Gigabit cable?
I am now using this USB Ethernet Adapter to connect a GB Ethernet device. However, my Macbook Air can not detect that device
- Asked by Dongyi L
- Jul 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this product connect to Gigabit cable?)
how can I plug into a wired internet connection using my iPad 2?
- Asked by Kimberly C from Mckinney
- Aug 25, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (how can I plug into a wired internet connection using my iPad 2?)
Can this be used on a PowerBook G4?
One of the ethernet plug wire connectors (inside the plug-in port) is bent, so the ethernet cable does not connect up correctly (and there is no wireless in the work area). Can this adapter work on my PowerBook G4 so that I can get back my ethernet connection to the network? The description for this item indicates that it works on MacBooks (and MacBook Pros), but does it just require a USB 2.0 port?
- Asked by Jonathan M from Farmington
- Mar 9, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used on a PowerBook G4?)