Similar questions from the community
2nd Ethernet Port for MacMini Server
Can I use this Adapter on a MacMini Server with Snow Leopard to create a 2ndary Ethernet Port, so that I have the internal Gigabit Port of the MacMini connected into my Home Network and the USB to Ethernet Adapter to a xDSL Router to provide a Public IP Address to provide Access to the Internet?!
- Asked by Max M
- Aug 15, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (2nd Ethernet Port for MacMini Server)
Can I connect MBA to ethernet port on Time Capsule associated with my iMac?
My iMac is wirelessly connected to my Time Capsule router device. I want to hard connect my MBA directly to my internet server (not wirelessly). Can I just connect the USB ethernet adapter from my MBA into a second ethernet port on the Time Capsule and be able to connect to the internet directly and still be able to share files and data from my iMac to my MBA?
- Asked by Michael W from Nashville
- Aug 28, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect MBA to ethernet port on Time Capsule associated with my iMac?)
Does this adapter support Auto-MDIX like the Ethernet ports in the other MacBooks?
I would love to get the new MacBook air but if I have to carry a few adaptors and Ethernet crossovers it may be counter productive.
- Asked by Jonathan T
- Nov 9, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter support Auto-MDIX like the Ethernet ports in the other MacBooks?)
Do I need the Ethernet Adapter to connect Singtel broadband to Mac Air?
I do not have WIFI and I am using Singtel broadband all the times. Several attempts have been made o access to Internet by inserting the broadband into the USB port of Mac Air but failed to access to Internet. Do I need to set up, if so please email me the instruction or is there an additional cable I need to purchase in order to connect to boardband. Kindly advise. Thank you
- Asked by Lorna L
- Aug 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need the Ethernet Adapter to connect Singtel broadband to Mac Air?)
Does an USB Ethernet Adapter work on MAC pro retina(2013 later version)
My USB Ethernet Adapter is a usb2.0, but it is a non-Apple product. I tried download different drivers, but they all failed to let my ethernet to be connected. As you know, this macbook does not have an ethernet port, and I cannot add a "USB ethernet" on the interface of the network as I cannot find this item. Thank you for any suggestions in advance.
- Asked by Cong D from Hamilton
- Jan 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does an USB Ethernet Adapter work on MAC pro retina(2013 later version))
Will this adapter continue working with the new MacBook Air 2012?
I have one of these. I bought it for my old Air. Apple promotes the Thunderbold to Ethernet adapter but no mention whether this is still supported in the new one.
I'd hate to lose the Thunderbold port for this as I need to use the VGA adapter AND the Ethernet adapter simultaneously.
- Asked by Raúl Cristián A from Barcelona
- Jun 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter continue working with the new MacBook Air 2012?)
Can this be used on a PowerBook G4?
One of the ethernet plug wire connectors (inside the plug-in port) is bent, so the ethernet cable does not connect up correctly (and there is no wireless in the work area). Can this adapter work on my PowerBook G4 so that I can get back my ethernet connection to the network? The description for this item indicates that it works on MacBooks (and MacBook Pros), but does it just require a USB 2.0 port?
- Asked by Jonathan M from Farmington
- Mar 9, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used on a PowerBook G4?)
Can I use this to transfer my files/applications in my MBP to the new Mac Air?
Everytime I buy a new MacBook Pro I get to transfer my applications and files from my older MacBook to the new MacBook when I start up my new MacBook. I am buying a Mac Air in a few days and I need to do the same but the new MacAir has no ethernet port. Can I, therefore, use this accessory to transfer my files/applications from my current MBP to the new Mac Air which I will order?
- Asked by Emmanuel B from Los Angeles
- Oct 28, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to transfer my files/applications in my MBP to the new Mac Air?)
Does this USB Ethernet Adapter also work in a MacBook Pro
The product description it is for a MacBook Air. I just want to be sure it will work in my MBP
- Asked by Bernie D from Croydon
- Oct 20, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this USB Ethernet Adapter also work in a MacBook Pro)
Print to an HP5000DN via it's ethernet connection.
I have a MacBook Pro 17 that prints fine to the printer via the printers own IP address, but I want to print from the ethernet challenged Retina MBP 15. I tried using it on the already working MBP 17, but it didn't recognize the printer. Will it work? And do I need different settings when using the adapter versus the built-in ethernet?
- Asked by Bill F from Rancho Mirage
- Feb 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Print to an HP5000DN via it's ethernet connection.)
does the apple usb to ethernet work on the 13" macbook pro with retina display
- Asked by Henry M from Hampstead
- Aug 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (does the apple usb to ethernet work on the 13" macbook pro with retina display)
Will this work on a iMac 1999 bubble computer Apple USB Ethernet adapter
- Asked by Donna M from Dannemora
- Oct 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work on a iMac 1999 bubble computer Apple USB Ethernet adapter)