Similar questions from the community
macbook white upgrade
Hi, I would like to upgrade my macbook white from 10.5 to 10.7, however the support models are:
iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminium, or Early 2009 or newer)
MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
Xserve (Early 2009)
MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
Which one is macbook white belongs to???
anyone tried upgrade before??
My processor is 2GHz, memory 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM.. Can upgrade to 10.7?
- Asked by Yongjian N
- Jul 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (macbook white upgrade)
2010 white Macbook on OSX 10.5.8 --can I install upgraded 10.6 or higher OS from another mac computer I have?
Have an macbook I'd like the kids to use -- mainly for the dvd drive and internet.
I don't want to pay for two OS upgrades just for that.
1. Can I use a program I already have on other equipment? (another near dead macbook pro)?
2. How high of an OS can this machine go?
3. How functional is 10.5.8 for things like the Internet?
The white macbook has 2.4 Ghz Intel core duo
- Asked by Ara W from Durham
- Jun 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (2010 white Macbook on OSX 10.5.8 --can I install upgraded 10.6 or higher OS from another mac computer I have?)
can my 2005 macbook upgrade to lion?
I upgraded to Snow Leopard 10.6.8 now my mail doesn't work do I need to go to Lion 10.7? But I am afraid my macbook is too old to run it.. 2005 with no upgrades
- Asked by Sherry H from Sarasota
- Oct 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can my 2005 macbook upgrade to lion?)
Will this upgrade my ilife?
My newer macbook got stolen and it had iMovie 11... I used it all the time and so I am having to use my iMac and I havent upgraded it yet but will it upgrade my ilife to ilife 11' or will I just have to buy it? btw my iMac is 10.5.8
- Asked by Asa M from Norman
- Aug 30, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this upgrade my ilife?)
How do i upgrade to Snow leopard on my MacBook Air?
I dont have a DVD drive, but would really like to upgrade.
- Asked by Brittany P from Hampton
- Oct 24, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (How do i upgrade to Snow leopard on my MacBook Air?)
Is it difficult to upgrade to snow leopard on macbook?
- Asked by Carolyn A from New Hampton
- Jun 6, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it difficult to upgrade to snow leopard on macbook?)
Can I legally upgrade?
I've got a late 2007 MacBook. It shipped with 10.4 "Tiger" and a 10.5 "Leopard" upgrade disk. Because the new development tools and interesting multi-threading capabilities (CS student) only seem to exist in the new version, I'm wondering if it's possible to upgrade again - or do I need to shell out afresh for the new version?
The one liner
Tiger --[Upgraded]--> Leopard --[Upgrade?]----> Snow Leopard
- Asked by Richard T from Stroud
- Oct 2, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I legally upgrade?)
I have just bought a 15 inch macbook pro and need to connect it to my old 13 inch white macbook (2007 model), which cable should I use ?
Cable query on connection and migratio of data between macbooks old and new
Do I need to backup before I upgrade
Soon I will upgrade my MacBook to Mac OS 10.6. Do I have to backup my all data?
- Asked by Seung K from Lisle
- Jan 5, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to backup before I upgrade)
Can i upgrade to snow leopard will i still retain the iLife. does my macbook qualifies for the new upgrade?
I had bought macbook 13 inch plastic version entry level in may 09 which shipped with leopard 10.5.8, it came with 2 discs one of it is the Mac OS leopard disc what does the second disc consists? the second disc states macbook applications install dvd with some AHT version on it does this disc contains iLife? I checked my existing programs i have Photo, iMovie, GarageBand, iWeb, and iDVD which means i have iLife. So now the million dollar question if i buy just the Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard OS worth 48$ will i still be able to retain my existing iLife. I want to do a clean install if i buy the new OS. does iLife comes builtin inside the new OS?
- Asked by Vijay C from Singapore
- Oct 7, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i upgrade to snow leopard will i still retain the iLife. does my macbook qualifies for the new upgrade?)
Questions about Upgrading Macbook OS in light of IOS 7
Like a lot of others I am running my Macbook on 10.5.8, and now with the latest update for the iPhone I have to consider updating my OS so I can download the new iTunes and in turn sync my iPhone.
If I do this will I have to purchase iWorks again?
If I do this can I go directly to Mountain Lion?
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook5,2
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
I have been considering upgrading my memory and hard drive of late, so perhaps this is the time to do it.
- Asked by Lynne D
- Oct 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Questions about Upgrading Macbook OS in light of IOS 7)
how do i find if my macbook pro can be upgraded to 10.6?
How do I know if my macbook pro has an Intel processor and the amount of ram? Where do I look?
- Asked by Wilfred B from Chicago
- Sep 4, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i find if my macbook pro can be upgraded to 10.6?)
I have Mac OS X on my MacBook, can I upgrade to snow leopard?
- Asked by Dennis B from Lake Ozark
- Aug 9, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I have Mac OS X on my MacBook, can I upgrade to snow leopard?)
Would I benefit upgrading from Tiger to Snow Leopard?
I own a 2GHz Intel Core Duo, 2GB memory, black MacBook. I love the Tiger OS, but wonder if my MacBook would run any faster if I upgrade...(or will it only be as fast as the processor lets it)...?
- Asked by Steph M
- Nov 8, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Would I benefit upgrading from Tiger to Snow Leopard?)
Upgrade to a different language
I have an intel MacBook with OSX 10.5.8 English, I want to give it to my neice when I by a new one, but she will want a different language, can i upgrade OSX 10.5.8 English to OSX 10.6.0 Dansk?
- Asked by Erik N
- Feb 25, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Upgrade to a different language)
No answers yet