Similar questions from the community
Will upgrading to snow leopard allow me to use the Magic Trackpad even though magic track pad needs to run on Mac OS X v10.6.4
Hi, could anyone advise me:
I've just bought the Magic Trackpad. According to the Quick Start guide, it advised the user to update the Mac OS X to version 10.6.4. I do not know whether it is the right upgrade to buy Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
- Asked by Dominic C
- Aug 6, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (magic trackpad)
how can i get mac os x 10.6.4?
I like to add Face Time for Mac but it says
Requires Mac OS X v10.6.4 Snow leopard or later.
Is this Mac OS X v10.6.4 or some thing else?
- Asked by Sonam W from Oakland
- Oct 25, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (how can i get mac os x 10.6.4?)
I have mac os x v10.4.11 and want to buy a magic mouse but it says requirements are mac os x v10.5.8 so what do i need to buy to work it?
do i need to buy box set with snow leopard in?
can i run snow leopard on a itouch?
i had a old shuffle connected to my laptop and was using disk utility and saw the utility recognized the shuffle as a 1GB hard disk and i could partition it like any other hard disk. i also have a old iTouch and if i were to install snow leopard or even lion to it, would it work or even just boot? and is that technically jail breaking an iTouch even though i'm putting apple software onto the device?
- Asked by Diane H from Fairfax
- Nov 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can i run snow leopard on a itouch?)
I want to use my new iPod Touch and my new Magic Mouse!!!!
So, I bought a new iPod Touch and got a Magic Mouse for Christmas. Low and behold, I can't use either of them. Why? Because I need to upgrade my computers. Clever Apple, very clever!!!!
I have an old PowerBook and a newer iMac. Both are running OS 10.4.11. Therein lies the issue.
I can upgrade both to OS 10.5 and use my iPod and Magic Mouse on both computers.
- or -
I can upgrade my iMac to OS 10.6 and use the iPod and Magic Mouse only on the iMac (can't upgrade PowerBooks past 10.5).
I really don't want to shell out the money ($170 U.S., as I live in Taiwan and it's more expensive here) to buy the OS 10.6 Box Set to upgrade my iMac. Also, if I only upgrade the iMac, my PowerBook is left out in the cold and I can't use either of my new toys on it.
Ideally, I'd like to buy OS 10.5 and upgrade both of my computers. This would also be the less expensive option, AND it would allow me to use my new toys on both computers. I don't really need all the new bells and whistles with 10.6, so 10.5 is just fine for my needs.
After this long-winded diatribe, my question is:
Is there anywhere that I can buy Mac OS 10.5?
Thanks to anyone who can offer assistance!
- Asked by Yilun C
- Jan 13, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (I want to use my new iPod Touch and my new Magic Mouse!!!!)
Will an upgrade from Leopard(10.5.8) to Snow Leopard still allow my iWorks (12.2.4) to run, or will i need to upgrade all.
- Asked by Becky T from Brecksville
- Jun 5, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Will an upgrade from Leopard(10.5.8) to Snow Leopard still allow my iWorks (12.2.4) to run, or will i need to upgrade all.)
would it be worth it to upgrade to snow leopard for $30 even though i have leopard 10.5.8? what are the major new feature that im missing?
- Asked by Kyle S from Mequon
- Oct 20, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (would it be worth it to upgrade to snow leopard for $30 even though i have leopard 10.5.8? what are the major new feature that im missing?)
Upgrade from 10.4.11 to Snow Leopard
I plan on purchasing the Snow Leopard online to upgrade from mac os x 10.4.11, what else do I need to make this work properly? Do I need to back up my files? Also, I am doing this in order to have boot camp assistant, will the online upgrade do even if I am planning on installing another OS in my laptop?
- Asked by Rolando Jr S from Bacoor
- Nov 29, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Upgrade from 10.4.11 to Snow Leopard)
No answers yet
OS X Snow Leopard Upgrade for multiple computers.
I have an iMac and a Macbook that need upgrading to Snow Leopard. Do I need to purchase 2 Snow Leopard DVD packages? Is there a family pack available? There is no description of the license requirements for Snow Leopard on the Apple Store page. (In fact, it's difficult to find Snow Leopard in the store at all!)
- Asked by Katherine K from The Woodlands
- Feb 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (OS X Snow Leopard Upgrade for multiple computers.)
What do I need to upgrade straight from regular Mac os x to Snow Leopard?
- Asked by Kelly D from Sevierville
- Jul 17, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (What do I need to upgrade straight from regular Mac os x to Snow Leopard?)
What do I need to be able to use MAC OS X Snow Leopard on my pc?
I am running windows 2000 and really like to change over to OS X Snow Leopard program.
- Asked by Keith E
- Jan 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What do I need to be able to use MAC OS X Snow Leopard on my pc?)
can i run mac and pc games if i upgrade to snow leopard my computer is a 10.5.8 mac os x macbook the games say i need nividia and such
- Asked by Luke W from Palm Coast
- Jul 3, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can i run mac and pc games if i upgrade to snow leopard my computer is a 10.5.8 mac os x macbook the games say i need nividia and such)
do i need ram upgrade for snow leopard
Mac OS X 10.5.8 - 2009 (I think)
I have a 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
My question is do I need to also upgrade my RAM as the Snow Leopard operating requirements state that I have to have 5GB Free Hard Drive space, but when I go into my hard drive it says I've only got 50GB out of 232GB available?
Will Snow Leopard work without the RAM upgrade?
- Asked by Sara V
- Feb 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (do i need ram upgrade for snow leopard)
Need to know if I can upgrade to Snow Leopard?
Want to know about if I can upgrade to the 10.6? Here are the specs of my system.
Processor Type: PowerPC G5
IMac Processor Speed (per Core): 1.8 GHz
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5, Leopard Memory (RAM): 1 GB
Hard Drive Capacity: 500 GB
Please let me know?
- Asked by Dallas J
- Feb 1, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Need to know if I can upgrade to Snow Leopard?)
Do I need to have snow leopard to run time machine?
I've put a new HDD in my mac book and installed the original Mac OS X disc to get started. I saved all my old stuff on an external HD via time machine. Do I need to install snow leopard to access the time machine backups?
- Asked by Georgene M from Stratton Mountain
- Jun 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to have snow leopard to run time machine?)
Can I load Windows 7 on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.5.8?
Do I need to upgrade to snow leopard first, in order to install windows 7 using the boot camp assistant?
- Asked by Andrew B from Anacortes
- Jun 16, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I load Windows 7 on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.5.8?)
do you need snow leopard to open doc.x and ppt.x?
I have tried to install the package that allows my Macbook to read these documents but it says I need OS 10.6 (snow leopard)-why can't I read these Office docs with OS 10.5.8?
- Asked by Jane H from Davis
- Jun 16, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (do you need snow leopard to open doc.x and ppt.x?)