Similar questions from the community
My Intel Macbook and G5 Power PC running OSX 10.5.8 work flawlessly on my wireless network. Would I have problems if Snow Leopard is on the Macbook?
Product Question: How do I find out if my MacBook Pro (circa 2008) OSX 10.5.8 has a Intel Processor?
I am trying to find out whether or not I can buy the Snow Leopard Software and whether it will run on my very capable computer. :) Let me know if you know.
- Asked by Lindsay L from Cornelius
- Sep 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Product Question: How do I find out if my MacBook Pro (circa 2008) OSX 10.5.8 has a Intel Processor?)
I'm currently running Mac OS X 10.5.8 on my MacBook. I'm actually trying to install the World of Warcraft but I can't cause my macbook version is too old. I need 10.7.3 or newer. Which version should I upgrade to to play this game? Am I supposed to buy 10.6 snow leopard then upgrade to maverick or some other version to play this game? I don't have a mac app store I can't download maverick.
Mac OS X 10.5.8
Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 2GB 1067 MHz DDR3
- Asked by Man Hei L from Edmonton
- Jan 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (10.5.8 upgrade)
My system runs on OSX 10.5.8 and I am considering upgrading to the Snow Leopard. Will my iWork 08 work on the Snow Leopard system?
Snow Leopard - iWork 08
can i run mac and pc games if i upgrade to snow leopard my computer is a 10.5.8 mac os x macbook the games say i need nividia and such
- Asked by Luke W from Palm Coast
- Jul 3, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can i run mac and pc games if i upgrade to snow leopard my computer is a 10.5.8 mac os x macbook the games say i need nividia and such)
How can I tell if I have enough memory available to install Snow Leopard onto my MacBook?
i currently have os x 10.5.8
- Asked by Cheyenne S from Las Cruces
- Jan 29, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I tell if I have enough memory available to install Snow Leopard onto my MacBook?)
My macbook pro is from 09, running on 10.5.8, 2.66 GHz intel core 2 duo and has 4 GB memory. Can I still upgrade to snow leopard?
- Asked by Raymond S from Windsor Locks
- Jun 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (My macbook pro is from 09, running on 10.5.8, 2.66 GHz intel core 2 duo and has 4 GB memory. Can I still upgrade to snow leopard?)
Upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard require a clean install?
Macbook 13inch with Intel processor about 6mo old with ver 10.5.8 Tiger installed. Will a clean install be required, or does the standard install leave applications and data and just remove the old version and replace with the new 10.6 Snow Leopard version of the OSX?
- Asked by Roger H from Worland
- Nov 9, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard require a clean install?)
I have a 1.83 Ghz Intel core duo Macbook pro running 10.5.8 Leopard should I risk upgrading to Snow Leopard ? I have 1 GB of ram.
I have a iMac5,1 (Intel Core 2 Dui) and i'm running OSX 10.5.8. can i update for snow leopard if i instal snow leopard first?
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM51.0090.B09
SMC Version (system): 1.9f4
I am running 10.5.8 on a MACBOOK AIR and want to erase everything and upgrade to 10.6.
Can I do this successfully using an iMac on my network to run the DVD, as the Air does not have an optical drive.
Early model Air; 1.6 GHz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB 687 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
- Asked by Laurence S from Columbus
- Apr 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I am running 10.5.8 on a MACBOOK AIR and want to erase everything and upgrade to 10.6.)
I am still running Mac OS X 10.5.8 on my MakeBook Pro. Please tell me if and how iI can install Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3 from Install DVD
The model of my MacBook Pro is MacBookPro4.1 of year 2006
processor: Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 cores, speed 2.4 GHz
memory: 2 GB
available capacity: 132.63 GB out of 186 GB
Thanks in advance for your precious guidance
Can I load Windows 7 on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.5.8?
Do I need to upgrade to snow leopard first, in order to install windows 7 using the boot camp assistant?
- Asked by Andrew B from Anacortes
- Jun 16, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I load Windows 7 on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.5.8?)
I have lost my Mac Original CD... my current version is Mac OS 10.5.8, Can i use this Snow Leopard to reformat may Macbook without my original cd?
Can I use snow leopard to reformat my macbook?
I have macbook 2006 running OSX 10.4.11, intel core 2 duo, 512MB RAM (I will upgrade), GMA 950 graphics. Is the GPU powerful enough for snow leopard?
I notice that the product description of Snow Leopard doesn't mention anything about GMA 950 built in graphics and am wondering if this chip will be powerful enough to run Snow Leopard on my 2006 MacBook. Thanks in advanced :)