Similar questions from the community
I have a MacBook with an Intel processor, but it is currently running Ubuntu. Can I use this disk to install Mac OS 10.6?
I need to know if I can use this disk, or do I need to get an older version of mac, then upgrade?
- Asked by Jeffrey W from Portland
- Jan 2, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a MacBook with an Intel processor, but it is currently running Ubuntu. Can I use this disk to install Mac OS 10.6?)
Can I install Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on a late 2012 mac mini?
I keep getting an error, "You have “Install Mac OS X” 23.1.1.". My mac mini has an intel processor (2.3 GHz Intel Core i7). I am trying to go to a version of the OS that will run PowerPC applications.
- Asked by Brad H from Maryville
- Sep 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I install Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on a late 2012 mac mini?)
I'm running OS X 10.5. The optical drive no longer works on my Mac mini and I can't get the new external drive to work. How can I install OS X 10.6?
I have the Snow Leopard disk, I just can't figure out how to get it on my computer. And, of course, with the new iPhone and iPad updates we can't share anything from our iTunes accounts without updating the mac mini.
My Intel mac mini 2011 hard drive died and I can't find my installation disks.
I'm ok with buying a new Snow Leopard DVD Installation, but I'm wondering about the boot camp Windows driver disk. Does that come with it too?
- Asked by Ernest N from Hillsboro
- Sep 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (My Intel mac mini 2011 hard drive died and I can't find my installation disks.)
Is the Snow Leopard installation disc 10.6.3 or 10.6.8?
I recently bought a Mac OS X Snow Leopard installation disc and they say that it runs 10.6.3. My computer runs Mac OS X 10.6.8. If I used this disc on the computer, will it affect the operating systems negatively at all? Or will it work with no problems?
- Asked by Shon W from Beverly Hills
- Jan 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Snow Leopard installation disc 10.6.3 or 10.6.8?)
DO I GET A CODE WHEN I PURCHASE 10.6 SNOW LEOPARD FROM APPLE STORE
NEED TO INSTALL MAC OS ON A BLANK MAC LAPTOP
- Asked by Simon S
- Sep 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (DO I GET A CODE WHEN I PURCHASE 10.6 SNOW LEOPARD FROM APPLE STORE)
Will Snow Leopard OS X 10.6 work with my Mac Mini (Core Solo processor)?
- Asked by Harry M from Paoli
- Jan 11, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Snow Leopard OS X 10.6 work with my Mac Mini (Core Solo processor)?)
I have an old iMac running 10.5.8. I just bought my son a MacBook that runs 10.6.6. Can I use his install disk to upgrade my older machine to 10.6?
I bought MacMini and MacBookPro in Sept'09. Snow Leopard was only with MacPro. On Mini I have 10.5. Can I install 10.6 from CD that came with MacPro?
I bought MacMini and MacBookPro at the same time in Sept'09.
On mini I have 10.5.8 installed and have NO disk with Snow Leopard...(
Snow Leopard was installed only on MacPro, and, of course, there is a disk with Snow Leopard 10.6.
So, can I install 10.6 to Mac mini from CD that came with MacBook Pro?
Why should I pay for shipping the disk if have one?
Can I install10.6 to a clean drive...
Im running 10.5 on my main drive on a Mac Pro. I dont want to changeanything.
However, I need 10.6 to run Bootcamp and 3DS Max. Id like to set this up on a fresh disk and not change my primary disk. Is the 'update disk' able to do this....
- Asked by Glenn T from Richmond
- Dec 31, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I install10.6 to a clean drive...)
No answers yet
I am still running Mac OS X 10.5.8 on my MakeBook Pro. Please tell me if and how iI can install Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3 from Install DVD
The model of my MacBook Pro is MacBookPro4.1 of year 2006
processor: Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 cores, speed 2.4 GHz
memory: 2 GB
available capacity: 132.63 GB out of 186 GB
Thanks in advance for your precious guidance
does the install remove your files
i want to upgrade to mac os 10.6.3 but im worried if it will erase the files on all the accounts on my mac
- Asked by Joseph G from Seaside
- Oct 12, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (does the install remove your files)
do i need to back up before installing the mac osx10.6 version?
- Asked by Amina A from Colonial Heights
- Mar 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (do i need to back up before installing the mac osx10.6 version?)