Similar questions from the community
I have an old iMac running 10.5.8. I just bought my son a MacBook that runs 10.6.6. Can I use his install disk to upgrade my older machine to 10.6?
I'm currently running Mac OS X 10.5.8 on my MacBook. I'm actually trying to install the World of Warcraft but I can't cause my macbook version is too old. I need 10.7.3 or newer. Which version should I upgrade to to play this game? Am I supposed to buy 10.6 snow leopard then upgrade to maverick or some other version to play this game? I don't have a mac app store I can't download maverick.
Mac OS X 10.5.8
Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 2GB 1067 MHz DDR3
- Asked by Man Hei L from Edmonton
- Jan 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (10.5.8 upgrade)
what information do i need to upgrade my mac from 10.5.8 to 10.6
i recently bought an Intel imac late 2006 1.83ghz running 10.5 and i wanted to upgrade it to 10.6 but i don't have any of the original disks or any of the previous owners information. so i want to know if i need anything like the originals owners information or any of the disks that came with it.
- Asked by Josh S from Poulsbo
- Feb 12, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (what information do i need to upgrade my mac from 10.5.8 to 10.6)
I am running 10.5.8 on a MACBOOK AIR and want to erase everything and upgrade to 10.6.
Can I do this successfully using an iMac on my network to run the DVD, as the Air does not have an optical drive.
Early model Air; 1.6 GHz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB 687 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
- Asked by Laurence S from Columbus
- Apr 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I am running 10.5.8 on a MACBOOK AIR and want to erase everything and upgrade to 10.6.)
I an running 10.5.8 and I have an Iphone 5, will this purchase be sufficient in upgrading my software in order to be compatible with my Iphone 5?
I need to upgrade my itunes to 11.0.3, but my computer Model Identifier: MacBook5,2. which only upgrades to 10.5.8, and I need 10.6 or higher I believe. my question is, respectively, do I need to upgrade my software only or is there a hardware upgrade involved as well? will the $20 snow leopard disk be sufficient?
- Asked by Anthony G from Corona
- May 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I an running 10.5.8 and I have an Iphone 5, will this purchase be sufficient in upgrading my software in order to be compatible with my Iphone 5?)
I have a MacBook with an Intel processor, but it is currently running Ubuntu. Can I use this disk to install Mac OS 10.6?
I need to know if I can use this disk, or do I need to get an older version of mac, then upgrade?
- Asked by Jeffrey W from Portland
- Jan 2, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a MacBook with an Intel processor, but it is currently running Ubuntu. Can I use this disk to install Mac OS 10.6?)
2010 white Macbook on OSX 10.5.8 --can I install upgraded 10.6 or higher OS from another mac computer I have?
Have an macbook I'd like the kids to use -- mainly for the dvd drive and internet.
I don't want to pay for two OS upgrades just for that.
1. Can I use a program I already have on other equipment? (another near dead macbook pro)?
2. How high of an OS can this machine go?
3. How functional is 10.5.8 for things like the Internet?
The white macbook has 2.4 Ghz Intel core duo
- Asked by Ara W from Durham
- Jun 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (2010 white Macbook on OSX 10.5.8 --can I install upgraded 10.6 or higher OS from another mac computer I have?)
i have an mac os x 10.5.8 and i need to update into OS x 10.6 snow leopard.
I have an iMac with OS X 10.5.8 and i have a Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard installation DVD for 13-inch MacBook Pro. Can i upgrade my iMac with this DVD?
- Asked by Panos T from Athens
- Sep 8, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (i have an mac os x 10.5.8 and i need to update into OS x 10.6 snow leopard.)
I have OS X 10.6.6 but need 10.8.8 or higher for software I want to run. How best to upgrade?
Mac used to run Adobe Lightroom 2, but to tie in with installation of new hard drive, I now want to install Lightroom 4. Thanks.
- Asked by Lisa L from Eaglemont
- Mar 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I have OS X 10.6.6 but need 10.8.8 or higher for software I want to run. How best to upgrade?)
I have OS X 10.5.8, also Windows Vista running under Bootcamp. If I upgrade to 10.6, what happens to Bootcamp and the Windows files?
Bootcamp when upgrading to 10.6
Upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard require a clean install?
Macbook 13inch with Intel processor about 6mo old with ver 10.5.8 Tiger installed. Will a clean install be required, or does the standard install leave applications and data and just remove the old version and replace with the new 10.6 Snow Leopard version of the OSX?
- Asked by Roger H from Worland
- Nov 9, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard require a clean install?)
My MBP was running 10.5.8. I formatted the drive and then realized I lost my 10.5.8 CD. Can I install 10.6 directly? If not, what to do?
- Asked by Rus M from New Haven
- Mar 15, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (My MBP was running 10.5.8. I formatted the drive and then realized I lost my 10.5.8 CD. Can I install 10.6 directly? If not, what to do?)
Can I buy the 10.6 Family pack and use it to upgrade one macbook running 10.5 and one macbook pro running 10.4?
I have a old fairly broken down Macbook Pro that was a seriously early revision, like 13 weeks out of the factory. It is running the latest version of Tiger (10.4.11? I can't remember). I also have a newer Macbook running 10.5.8.
My plan is to use the old MBP with a external harddrive hooked up to a tv to play my movies. I'm fairly stubborn and want to do this using dvdpedia and frontrow but the plugin will not work under 10.4, only 10.5 or 10.6.
So I was wondering if I could purchase the Snow Leopard family pack and upgrade BOTH my computers? I know in the description it says to upgrade from Tiger I need the box set edition but I do not need any of the iApps, in fact I would delete them straight away so no way am I paying $NZ349 for it. This is probably more than the computer is worth seeing as the airport card, battery and dvd drive do not work.
Sorry if this is overly complicated but I am a student and I don't want to commit my money if there is no hope of achieving what I want! If anyone has some answers or clarification for me that would be amazing :)
- Asked by Frances R from Dunedin
- Feb 7, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy the 10.6 Family pack and use it to upgrade one macbook running 10.5 and one macbook pro running 10.4?)
Can I load Windows 7 on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.5.8?
Do I need to upgrade to snow leopard first, in order to install windows 7 using the boot camp assistant?
- Asked by Andrew B from Anacortes
- Jun 16, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I load Windows 7 on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.5.8?)
I've got a Mac Book running 10.5.8. I've lost the discs that came with it. Will the 10.6 upgrade let me install from scratch? Or can I only upgrade?
I have an iMac 8,1 running OS X 10.5.8. but I don't know what OS X to buy (10.6, or 10.7, or 10.8) to get Maverick?
I have a iMac 8,1 running OS X 10.5.8. Now I want to upgrade to Maverick. My question is: Should I upgrade the OS X 10.6, or 10.7, or 10.8? ( all of them have the same price) Does it matter if I get 10.6 or it is better if I purchase 10.8. to upgrade to Maverick? Or it doesn't matter at all because I will upgrade to Maverick???
Please guys help me. These disgusting doubts are making my life miserable.
- Asked by Jonatan H from Brooklyn
- Dec 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an iMac 8,1 running OS X 10.5.8. but I don't know what OS X to buy (10.6, or 10.7, or 10.8) to get Maverick?)
I am still running Mac OS X 10.5.8 on my MakeBook Pro. Please tell me if and how iI can install Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3 from Install DVD
The model of my MacBook Pro is MacBookPro4.1 of year 2006
processor: Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 cores, speed 2.4 GHz
memory: 2 GB
available capacity: 132.63 GB out of 186 GB
Thanks in advance for your precious guidance