Similar questions from the community
Upgrade to a different language
I have an intel MacBook with OSX 10.5.8 English, I want to give it to my neice when I by a new one, but she will want a different language, can i upgrade OSX 10.5.8 English to OSX 10.6.0 Dansk?
- Asked by Erik N
- Feb 25, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Upgrade to a different language)
No answers yet
WHAT IS THE DIFFERANCE BETWEEN TIME MACHINE AND TIME CAPSULE. THANKS....SV
FOR MY LAPTOP THAT I HAVE UPGRADED TO SNOW LEOPARD.
- Asked by Sally V
- Mar 5, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (WHAT IS THE DIFFERANCE BETWEEN TIME MACHINE AND TIME CAPSULE. THANKS....SV)
Can I get multilingual support?
I am Danish, living in Spain, working in Enlish. I prefer the english version for a more consistent experience, but I want to share my computer with other people prefering different languages. Can I get a multilingual version and set language per user?
- Asked by Erik N
- Feb 25, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I get multilingual support?)
No answers yet
What does it take to upgrade iBook G4 from 10.4.11 to Leopard or Snowleopard
I would like to upgrade my iBook G4 to Snow-leopard 10.6, what do I have to do or buy or install first, I'm not a computer-whiz, and electronics make me feel real dumb.
Some body please explain it in a simple language. Thanks :-))
- Asked by Ulrike M from Palm Springs
- Oct 30, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (What does it take to upgrade iBook G4 from 10.4.11 to Leopard or Snowleopard)
I have only had my new MacBook Pro since 9/10 a gift, I am new to Mac should I upgrade before I start using fully
As I haven't even got to grips with what I have, would it be beneficial to upgrade to have the newest system, what are the benefits and will it differ greatly.
Would upgrading my OS help my computer as a game machine?
There are quite a few games that I want to purchase for my MacBook Pro, but I've run into some troubling issues.
Just about every single game I've demoed on my computer can't run well. My Macbook Pro is an Intel Core 2 Duo running at 2.2 Ghz with 2GB of RAM on top of a GeForce 8600 GPU (OS is at 10.4.11), which, in layman's terms, means I have a computer that greatly exceeds the recommended requirements of just about every game that I want. However, no matter what, I can't get the games to run well. Even if I tone down the graphics to the absolute minimum, they run horribly.
So I figured that maybe my OS needs upgrading, but I should probably double check since spending more than $100 for a fix that might not work is pretty demanding. Will upgrading my OS help? Or is it a different problem altogether? I get Mac game demos from MacGameFiles.com, so maybe the demos are just buggy?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Asked by Ian K
- Apr 4, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Would upgrading my OS help my computer as a game machine?)
Macs at home & at office - do I need 2 new licenses?
I have a MacBook used primarily at home, and an iMac at work (different location). Do I need to get two single license upgrades for these two computers?
- Asked by Stephan R from Boerne
- Nov 5, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Macs at home & at office - do I need 2 new licenses?)
I still have 10.3.9 and need 10.4.11 or 10.5.4, how do I upgrade?
- Asked by Lynette H
- Jan 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I still have 10.3.9 and need 10.4.11 or 10.5.4, how do I upgrade?)
i have purchased the update in france but is the language going to change on my computer because of this. It is written in french on the box.
Does Mac OS X 10.6 support Arabic language?
- How can I write in Arabic?
- is there Arabic user interface for Mac OS X 10.6?
I have MacBook Pro 13" with Mac OS X 10.6
Memory 8 GB
- Asked by Abdullah A
- Feb 6, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Mac OS X 10.6 support Arabic language?)
which software is better the mac os snow leopard or the mac os lion
I wanted to upgrade to the mac oxs lion software but it stated that it requried me to downland the mac os x snow leopard software first, what is the differance between the to softwares
- Asked by Arielle B from Streetsboro
- Aug 15, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (which software is better the mac os snow leopard or the mac os lion)
What is the difference between Office suite and iwork?
will I be able to carry on my research work using iwork? what about the bibliographies?If iwork and Office suite can perform similar functions
then why should I instal Parallel desktop along with the office?
- Asked by Mukund G
- Nov 16, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the difference between Office suite and iwork?)
Will this upgrade my ilife?
My newer macbook got stolen and it had iMovie 11... I used it all the time and so I am having to use my iMac and I havent upgraded it yet but will it upgrade my ilife to ilife 11' or will I just have to buy it? btw my iMac is 10.5.8
- Asked by Asa M from Norman
- Aug 30, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this upgrade my ilife?)
Can I legally upgrade?
I've got a late 2007 MacBook. It shipped with 10.4 "Tiger" and a 10.5 "Leopard" upgrade disk. Because the new development tools and interesting multi-threading capabilities (CS student) only seem to exist in the new version, I'm wondering if it's possible to upgrade again - or do I need to shell out afresh for the new version?
The one liner
Tiger --[Upgraded]--> Leopard --[Upgrade?]----> Snow Leopard
- Asked by Richard T from Stroud
- Oct 2, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I legally upgrade?)
What is the difference between a family and single user pack?
On the Software's Purchase Page it shows you can get a Single-User Pack for $29 and a Family Pack for $49.. What's the difference?
- Asked by Kyle W from Oklahoma City
- Jun 11, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the difference between a family and single user pack?)
What is the difference between Single User and Family pack?
Do Family pack means Server?
- Asked by Huu Nghia N from St-leonard
- Feb 15, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the difference between Single User and Family pack?)
Are you able too use it on a different computer that isnt a mac??
- Asked by Zach G from Longmont
- Mar 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Are you able too use it on a different computer that isnt a mac??)