Similar questions from the community
Can I still buy Leopard for my PowerPC G4?
I would like to upgrade my PowerPC G4 to Leopard (not Snow Leopard, which only supports Intel). I cannot find a reputable source for purchasing the upgrade...does Apple stil make the Tiger --> Leopard upgrade available for the G4 (PowerPC) or am I stuck at Tiger?
I would like to try utilities like Time Machine and iPhoto.
- Asked by Loren B from Media
- Jan 1, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I still buy Leopard for my PowerPC G4?)
I'm running Mac OS X Tiger on my iMac (intel), is it still possible to upgrade to Leopard 10.5 only?
I have a lot of Adobe CS4 and can't afford to have the reported headaches of Snow Leopard with it. My macBook is running 10.5 and CS4 nicely.
- Asked by Daniel M from Littleton
- Feb 6, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I'm running Mac OS X Tiger on my iMac (intel), is it still possible to upgrade to Leopard 10.5 only?)
OS X Tiger to OS X Snow Leopard
I have a MacBook (Black) with Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 GHz. How can I upgrade my OS to Snow Leopard?. Can I just purchase the Snow Leopard Disc and perform a clean install?
- Asked by Mark Nico M from Malolos
- Oct 28, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (OS X Tiger to OS X Snow Leopard)
I have a MacBook with Mac OS X 10.5.5. Do I have Leopard or Tiger.
- Asked by Karen E from Rumson
- Feb 28, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a MacBook with Mac OS X 10.5.5. Do I have Leopard or Tiger.)
My software is OS X Tiger and I want to upgrade it with the Snow Leopard 10.6.8 will that work or do I need Snow Leopard 10.5 first?
- Asked by Krystal Y from Adelaide
- Dec 28, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (My software is OS X Tiger and I want to upgrade it with the Snow Leopard 10.6.8 will that work or do I need Snow Leopard 10.5 first?)
Where can I buy 10.5?!
I am still running 10.4 but want to upgrade to Leopard due to the iPad. I can't seem to find 10.5 anywhere except for eBay. How come Apple is not still selling Leopard? Any suggestions on where I can get it?
- Asked by Ziggy C from Plano
- Apr 4, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can I buy 10.5?!)
No answers yet
I have a mac book 10.5.8 can i still upgrade to snow leopard
read the title
- Asked by Tom D from Pacific Palisades
- Feb 15, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a mac book 10.5.8 can i still upgrade to snow leopard)
wish to upgrade from Tiger to Leopard
Is that possible?
If so how do I go about it ?
- Asked by Sydney C from Toronto
- Oct 31, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (wish to upgrade from Tiger to Leopard)
If I upgrade my 233 GHz MacBook Pro to Snow, can I use my Leopard box set on an older Powerbook Pro 1.25 GHz running Tiger 10.4? (License question.)
Does an upgrade to Snow Leopard on my MacBook Pro G5 dual core Intel (233 GHz Intel Duo 2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM) release the older Leopard box set license for use on my older PPC Powerbook Pro (125 GHz PowerPC G4 1GB 512 MHz PowerPC DDR SDRAM), since the 10.6 version is considered a later system and replaces the 10.5 version? This is a license question.
If new Macs w/ the new Snow Leopard (or a box set upgrade for Tiger) come with iLife and iWork, does the upgrade from Leopard (10.5.8) too?
The description for the upgrade to Snow Leopard from Leopard 10.5.8 isn't explicit enough. Will I get iLife and iWork for the $29 upgrade?
New macs get iL/W and old Tigers get it....is my option to buy the box set or buy the Snow Leopard upgrade $29 plus iL/W at $79 each?
i am now in china ,how can i get the Snow leopard update software,presently i am using MAC 10.5 Tiger
i want to upgrade my mac to Snow leopard,how can i get the engllish software in china,can i get the same by courier.
Will PhotoElements 6 still work?
I am about to upgrade my Imac from 10.5.8 to Snow Leopard. Will Photoshop Elements 6 still work or do I have to get new software?
- Asked by Elizabeth F from Toronto
- May 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will PhotoElements 6 still work?)
No answers yet
I have a Mac OS X 10.5.8, Processor 1Ghz PowerPC G4 can I still upgrade with Snow Lepoard 10.6, and if I do will it affect any programs?
Would I benefit upgrading from Tiger to Snow Leopard?
I own a 2GHz Intel Core Duo, 2GB memory, black MacBook. I love the Tiger OS, but wonder if my MacBook would run any faster if I upgrade...(or will it only be as fast as the processor lets it)...?
- Asked by Steph M
- Nov 8, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Would I benefit upgrading from Tiger to Snow Leopard?)
I have OS X version 10.5.2. Can I upgrade to Snow Leopard?
- Asked by David S from Astoria
- Oct 13, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (I have OS X version 10.5.2. Can I upgrade to Snow Leopard?)
Upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard require a clean install?
Macbook 13inch with Intel processor about 6mo old with ver 10.5.8 Tiger installed. Will a clean install be required, or does the standard install leave applications and data and just remove the old version and replace with the new 10.6 Snow Leopard version of the OSX?
- Asked by Roger H from Worland
- Nov 9, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard require a clean install?)
I have Microsoft Windows, Excel and powerpoint for mac running on Mac OS X 10.5.8. If i upgrade to Snow Leopard will these programs still run?