Similar questions from the community
i have a macbook 4.1, and I need to upgrade to MacBook 7,1 or later for AutoCad 2011 for MAC. If I buy this product, the autocad work?
- Asked by Andres N from Miami
- Nov 20, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (i have a macbook 4.1, and I need to upgrade to MacBook 7,1 or later for AutoCad 2011 for MAC. If I buy this product, the autocad work?)
I am buying a MacBook Pro VERY soon. I don't want to have to wait for Mac OS X Lion to come out later next year. Will I be able to upgrade later?
Thanks for your input.
- Asked by Denise R from Bakersfield
- Dec 28, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I am buying a MacBook Pro VERY soon. I don't want to have to wait for Mac OS X Lion to come out later next year. Will I be able to upgrade later?)
can my 2005 macbook upgrade to lion?
I upgraded to Snow Leopard 10.6.8 now my mail doesn't work do I need to go to Lion 10.7? But I am afraid my macbook is too old to run it.. 2005 with no upgrades
- Asked by Sherry H from Sarasota
- Oct 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can my 2005 macbook upgrade to lion?)
i have Macbook Pro 4.1 2006,what version of OS i have buy to install an this computer
I erase my hard drive and i try to install another OS X new version 2007 and 2009 and i receiving message "computer doesn't support this OS X " ,so i wanna buy new one but i m not sure what i have to buy ,can i use this Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard an that computer???
- Asked by Jasmin I from New York
- Sep 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (i have Macbook Pro 4.1 2006,what version of OS i have buy to install an this computer)
i am using old macbook os x10.5.6 i need to upgrade this. what software should i buy? please help.
My mac os x version 10.5.8 , when i update it it says is up to date. I want to download a new itunes 11.1.
what should i do???
- Asked by Gerry A from Sta Rosa, Laguna
- Oct 9, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (i am using old macbook os x10.5.6 i need to upgrade this. what software should i buy? please help.)
Macs at home & at office - do I need 2 new licenses?
I have a MacBook used primarily at home, and an iMac at work (different location). Do I need to get two single license upgrades for these two computers?
- Asked by Stephan R from Boerne
- Nov 5, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Macs at home & at office - do I need 2 new licenses?)
Can I buy the 10.6 Family pack and use it to upgrade one macbook running 10.5 and one macbook pro running 10.4?
I have a old fairly broken down Macbook Pro that was a seriously early revision, like 13 weeks out of the factory. It is running the latest version of Tiger (10.4.11? I can't remember). I also have a newer Macbook running 10.5.8.
My plan is to use the old MBP with a external harddrive hooked up to a tv to play my movies. I'm fairly stubborn and want to do this using dvdpedia and frontrow but the plugin will not work under 10.4, only 10.5 or 10.6.
So I was wondering if I could purchase the Snow Leopard family pack and upgrade BOTH my computers? I know in the description it says to upgrade from Tiger I need the box set edition but I do not need any of the iApps, in fact I would delete them straight away so no way am I paying $NZ349 for it. This is probably more than the computer is worth seeing as the airport card, battery and dvd drive do not work.
Sorry if this is overly complicated but I am a student and I don't want to commit my money if there is no hope of achieving what I want! If anyone has some answers or clarification for me that would be amazing :)
- Asked by Frances R from Dunedin
- Feb 7, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy the 10.6 Family pack and use it to upgrade one macbook running 10.5 and one macbook pro running 10.4?)
Do I need to backup before I upgrade
Soon I will upgrade my MacBook to Mac OS 10.6. Do I have to backup my all data?
- Asked by Seung K from Lisle
- Jan 5, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to backup before I upgrade)
I'm currently running Mac OS X 10.5.8 on my MacBook. I'm actually trying to install the World of Warcraft but I can't cause my macbook version is too old. I need 10.7.3 or newer. Which version should I upgrade to to play this game? Am I supposed to buy 10.6 snow leopard then upgrade to maverick or some other version to play this game? I don't have a mac app store I can't download maverick.
Mac OS X 10.5.8
Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 2GB 1067 MHz DDR3
- Asked by Man Hei L from Edmonton
- Jan 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (10.5.8 upgrade)
If I upgrade my 233 GHz MacBook Pro to Snow, can I use my Leopard box set on an older Powerbook Pro 1.25 GHz running Tiger 10.4? (License question.)
Does an upgrade to Snow Leopard on my MacBook Pro G5 dual core Intel (233 GHz Intel Duo 2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM) release the older Leopard box set license for use on my older PPC Powerbook Pro (125 GHz PowerPC G4 1GB 512 MHz PowerPC DDR SDRAM), since the 10.6 version is considered a later system and replaces the 10.5 version? This is a license question.
If I buy the 10.6 family pack, will it work on two Macbooks in the same family but under seperate roofs?
I am looking to upgrade to OS X 10.6, but the other macbook that I wish to update to 10.6 is in Brisbane, whereas I am in Sydney. Will the software allow both Macbooks to upgrade?
- Asked by Greg D from Sydney
- Aug 6, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (If I buy the 10.6 family pack, will it work on two Macbooks in the same family but under seperate roofs?)
My wife's MacBook is running Tiger 10.4.11. As I understand it, I need to first upgrade to Snow Leopard. Disc drive doesn't work. How 2 upgrade?
I can purchase Snow Leopard from Apple, but can I install the OS by using a second MacBook's DVD drive using a firewire?
- Asked by William S from Newtown
- Jan 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (My wife's MacBook is running Tiger 10.4.11. As I understand it, I need to first upgrade to Snow Leopard. Disc drive doesn't work. How 2 upgrade?)
Macbook Mountain Lion compatible?
I purchased an Ipad 4, and I need to sync it to my Itunes; however, I am currently running on version 10.5.8. I purchased the latest Snow Leopard and am currently waiting for it to arrive in the mail; however, I want to know if my computer would be compatible with Mountain Lion. Unfortunately, I do not know if it is early or late 2008 model. Please help me. The following information is about my computer is:
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB41.00C1.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.31f1
Serial Number (system): W88212970P5
- Asked by Constance M from Arlington Heights
- Dec 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Macbook Mountain Lion compatible?)
Can I upgrade my Macbook Pro 13" 10.6.8 to 10.7?
I'm trying to use Elgato Game Capture card, but the system requirements require my mac to be "Mac: OS X 10.7 or later, 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo CPU." Am i able to upgrade my Mac to that?
- Asked by Fabian L from Katy
- Jun 4, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I upgrade my Macbook Pro 13" 10.6.8 to 10.7?)
macbook white upgrade
Hi, I would like to upgrade my macbook white from 10.5 to 10.7, however the support models are:
iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminium, or Early 2009 or newer)
MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
Xserve (Early 2009)
MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
Which one is macbook white belongs to???
anyone tried upgrade before??
My processor is 2GHz, memory 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM.. Can upgrade to 10.7?
- Asked by Yongjian N
- Jul 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (macbook white upgrade)