Similar questions from the community
Will I be able to have Spotlight index my smb network folder? I know Leopard wouldn't do this without a work around.
- Asked by Samuel W from Frisco
- Jul 16, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Will I be able to have Spotlight index my smb network folder? I know Leopard wouldn't do this without a work around.)
spotlight finder: I rely heavily on the word indexing function - upgrade caused it to fail, or disappear
The result was, I had to re-install to my basic Tiger program, version 10.5.7, where the indexing works perfectly. Has it been fixed, so that snow leopard will work the indexing even more efficiently? And will Lion continue this?
- Asked by Albert K from Ukiah
- Sep 29, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (spotlight finder: I rely heavily on the word indexing function - upgrade caused it to fail, or disappear)
I just bought a used macbook pro (Leopard 10.5.5) without the OS CD. Am I able to install the Snow Leopard upgrade without the Leopard cd?
I also don't have access to the administrator's user name and password, so I can't download updates...I don't know if I would need that information to upgrade to the snow leopard as well?
Installing Leopard without a Disc Drive
I'd like to upgrade to Snow Leopard from 10.5.8 (old I know), but the disc drive in my laptop went kaput a long time ago. What are my options for installing Snow Leopard without a functional disc drive?
- Asked by Aaron D
- Feb 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Installing Leopard without a Disc Drive)
How can I download snow leopard software if my cd driver doesn't work?
My cd driver stopped working almost since I bought my mac computer (it was around three years ago) since most of the updates have been on line I haven't missed the cd driver. But now that I want to upgrade my computer to snow leopard it seems that I can't do it without a cd.
Do you recommend another method of installation?
- Asked by Jose H from Guelph
- Jan 8, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I download snow leopard software if my cd driver doesn't work?)
Is there a way to upgrade multiple Macs to Snow Leopard without having to use boxed copies? Currently looking to upgrade around 40 Macs in a school.
Actually looking to upgrade these Macs to Mountain Lion via a volume license, but the Macs are all on versions prior to Snow Leopard. Want to avoid buying 40 individual boxed copies and installing Snow Leopard on each one!
Installing Snow Leopard over Leopard
when install snow leopard will everything on my desktop disappear?
There are jpeg's, documents and folders on my desktop.
- Asked by Sue O from Wilsonville
- Nov 26, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Installing Snow Leopard over Leopard)
Is it possible to connect an iMac running OS X 10.3.9/System 9.2 to an intel Mac Mini via firewire, to act as a server?
There's a piece of System 9 software I'd like to run and I know it's impossible for the intel Mini Mac to run it. Would using the iMac as a server in an ad-hoc network succeed as a work-around? If so, how would I make it work?
- Asked by Keith P from Chicago
- Mar 13, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to connect an iMac running OS X 10.3.9/System 9.2 to an intel Mac Mini via firewire, to act as a server?)
Does Snow Leopard have drivers for HP 2710 so I can scan without HP software?
Current system 10.5.8 allows me to print on HP2710 just fine, but I do not have the HP drivers to load to enable scanning. Would like to know I I can upgrade to Snow Leopard to enable scan feature and not download HP products.
- Asked by Pamela K
- Dec 19, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Snow Leopard have drivers for HP 2710 so I can scan without HP software?)
will FreeHand MX work with Snow Leopard?
I'm currently running OS 10.4.11.
I have a lot of work done in Freehand MX, I know I will have to convert to Illustrator but this is a lot of work. Can I make FreeHand Work with Snow Leopard?
- Asked by Vicky S
- Nov 3, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (will FreeHand MX work with Snow Leopard?)
No answers yet
Will snow leopard enable me to use windows on my mac?
I need to use windows on my mac so that i can use a program called templot but i am worried that i will spend £25 on snow leopard and still not be able to use windows.......Would anyone be able to help me or refer something that will definitely work so as to not waste money on something i won`t need?
- Asked by Stephen P
- Mar 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will snow leopard enable me to use windows on my mac?)
I have Mac S X Tiger on my Intel iMac. Can I install Snow Leopard without upgrading to iLife 09?
ie Will my existing software work with Snow Leopard - iLife 2006, Office 2004
- Asked by Allan P from Galashiels
- Oct 4, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (I have Mac S X Tiger on my Intel iMac. Can I install Snow Leopard without upgrading to iLife 09?)
I want to purchase and NetBook but all my other systems are Mac. Would I be able to download the Snow Leopard program into a HP laptop?
I'm just so used to the Mac software that I dont want to let it go but god knows when Apple will come out with a NetBook.
- Asked by Yekaterina V from Brooklyn
- Oct 12, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (I want to purchase and NetBook but all my other systems are Mac. Would I be able to download the Snow Leopard program into a HP laptop?)
I have a black Macbook. It currently has Ubuntu installed on it and does not have OS X. If I buy Snow Leopard will I be able to reinstall OS X?
Need to know if I buy Snow Leopard if I will be able to get it installed on a computer that no longer has OS X. Is this just an upgrade or can it be used to reinstall the entire OS?
Need to know if I can upgrade to Snow Leopard?
Want to know about if I can upgrade to the 10.6? Here are the specs of my system.
Processor Type: PowerPC G5
IMac Processor Speed (per Core): 1.8 GHz
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5, Leopard Memory (RAM): 1 GB
Hard Drive Capacity: 500 GB
Please let me know?
- Asked by Dallas J
- Feb 1, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Need to know if I can upgrade to Snow Leopard?)
do i need ram upgrade for snow leopard
Mac OS X 10.5.8 - 2009 (I think)
I have a 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
My question is do I need to also upgrade my RAM as the Snow Leopard operating requirements state that I have to have 5GB Free Hard Drive space, but when I go into my hard drive it says I've only got 50GB out of 232GB available?
Will Snow Leopard work without the RAM upgrade?
- Asked by Sara V
- Feb 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (do i need ram upgrade for snow leopard)