Similar questions from the community
OS X Tiger to OS X Snow Leopard
I have a MacBook (Black) with Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 GHz. How can I upgrade my OS to Snow Leopard?. Can I just purchase the Snow Leopard Disc and perform a clean install?
- Asked by Mark Nico M from Malolos
- Oct 28, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (OS X Tiger to OS X Snow Leopard)
My wife's MacBook is running Tiger 10.4.11. As I understand it, I need to first upgrade to Snow Leopard. Disc drive doesn't work. How 2 upgrade?
I can purchase Snow Leopard from Apple, but can I install the OS by using a second MacBook's DVD drive using a firewire?
- Asked by William S from Newtown
- Jan 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (My wife's MacBook is running Tiger 10.4.11. As I understand it, I need to first upgrade to Snow Leopard. Disc drive doesn't work. How 2 upgrade?)
How do I know if I have Intel in my MacBook
I want to upgrade to Tiger but the answers all say that I can do it only if I have Intel in my computer. How do I find out if I have it?
- Asked by Kathleen R from North Plains
- Feb 1, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I know if I have Intel in my MacBook)
I want to upgrade Iphoto on Imac Tiger 10.4.11 - if I purchase Snow Leopard upgrade, will this also upgrade Iphoto application?
Imac is 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 Go 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.
I have a macbook pro purchased in summer 2006
- OSX ver. 10.4.11 with a 2 ghz intel core duo with 1 gb 667 mhz ddr2 sdram....can i upgrade to Snow leopard?
- Asked by Michael A from Washington, Dc
- Jan 19, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a macbook pro purchased in summer 2006)
I am purchasing a mac mini and have a mac book already with tiger on it. I want to upgrade my macbook to snow leopard.
will i b able to use the software from the mac mini to upgrade my mac book as well or do i need to purchase another copy of snow leopard
- Asked by Michael R from Medford
- Aug 11, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I am purchasing a mac mini and have a mac book already with tiger on it. I want to upgrade my macbook to snow leopard.)
Would I benefit upgrading from Tiger to Snow Leopard?
I own a 2GHz Intel Core Duo, 2GB memory, black MacBook. I love the Tiger OS, but wonder if my MacBook would run any faster if I upgrade...(or will it only be as fast as the processor lets it)...?
- Asked by Steph M
- Nov 8, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Would I benefit upgrading from Tiger to Snow Leopard?)
Can I use the snow leopard software discs supplied with my just purchased macbook pro to upgrade my intel imac?
I was advised in store that the discs supplied with the macbook would be good for one macbook and one imac owned by the same user. Is this so?
With a MacBook OS vers 10.4.11, how do I know if I have Tiger?
Would like to buy Mac Box as I previously purchased Ilife, to upgrade my Iphoto. Ended up returning as it wasn't compatible. Don't know how to tell if I have "Tiger".Do not like having to return although Apple took care of my problem beautifully.
- Asked by L Sue G from Greenbackville
- Apr 16, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (With a MacBook OS vers 10.4.11, how do I know if I have Tiger?)
If I'm going from Tiger to Snow Leopard do I need to purchase leopard first?
I would like to back up everything and wipe the computer when installing Leopard. I need to know what I have to do to get my computer updated. My computer is Mac OS X version 10.4.11 with 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.
- Asked by Barbara P from Rochester
- Jan 6, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (If I'm going from Tiger to Snow Leopard do I need to purchase leopard first?)
I have mac os 10.5.8 with 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor. What's the latest software I can purchase or upgrade to?
My Mac is Macbook 13 inch, aluminum body
- Asked by Jestoni G from Bago City
- Nov 4, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I have mac os 10.5.8 with 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor. What's the latest software I can purchase or upgrade to?)
My macbook pro is 10.5.8 and i have purchased an ipad mini and i now need to upgrade to support it what do i need?
- Asked by Denise S from Milton Keynes
- Dec 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (My macbook pro is 10.5.8 and i have purchased an ipad mini and i now need to upgrade to support it what do i need?)
I have a Mac purchased with Leopard on it in 11/09, and downloaded the upgrade for free. Do I have to purchase the Snow Leopard DVD to reinstall?
Snow Leapord after a rebuild of downloaded upgrade
Questions about Upgrading Macbook OS in light of IOS 7
Like a lot of others I am running my Macbook on 10.5.8, and now with the latest update for the iPhone I have to consider updating my OS so I can download the new iTunes and in turn sync my iPhone.
If I do this will I have to purchase iWorks again?
If I do this can I go directly to Mountain Lion?
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook5,2
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
I have been considering upgrading my memory and hard drive of late, so perhaps this is the time to do it.
- Asked by Lynne D
- Oct 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Questions about Upgrading Macbook OS in light of IOS 7)
i have intel based mac and i formatted the hard drive to ntfs i dont have the osx dvd do i need to buy full version of 10.6 or upgrade version
intel based mac running win 7 and i want to go back to snow leopard i dont have the instllation dvd any more do i need the full dvd instllation or the upgrade
I'm running Mac OS X Tiger on my iMac (intel), is it still possible to upgrade to Leopard 10.5 only?
I have a lot of Adobe CS4 and can't afford to have the reported headaches of Snow Leopard with it. My macBook is running 10.5 and CS4 nicely.
- Asked by Daniel M from Littleton
- Feb 6, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I'm running Mac OS X Tiger on my iMac (intel), is it still possible to upgrade to Leopard 10.5 only?)
Can I buy the 10.6 Family pack and use it to upgrade one macbook running 10.5 and one macbook pro running 10.4?
I have a old fairly broken down Macbook Pro that was a seriously early revision, like 13 weeks out of the factory. It is running the latest version of Tiger (10.4.11? I can't remember). I also have a newer Macbook running 10.5.8.
My plan is to use the old MBP with a external harddrive hooked up to a tv to play my movies. I'm fairly stubborn and want to do this using dvdpedia and frontrow but the plugin will not work under 10.4, only 10.5 or 10.6.
So I was wondering if I could purchase the Snow Leopard family pack and upgrade BOTH my computers? I know in the description it says to upgrade from Tiger I need the box set edition but I do not need any of the iApps, in fact I would delete them straight away so no way am I paying $NZ349 for it. This is probably more than the computer is worth seeing as the airport card, battery and dvd drive do not work.
Sorry if this is overly complicated but I am a student and I don't want to commit my money if there is no hope of achieving what I want! If anyone has some answers or clarification for me that would be amazing :)
- Asked by Frances R from Dunedin
- Feb 7, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy the 10.6 Family pack and use it to upgrade one macbook running 10.5 and one macbook pro running 10.4?)
Can I still buy Leopard for my PowerPC G4?
I would like to upgrade my PowerPC G4 to Leopard (not Snow Leopard, which only supports Intel). I cannot find a reputable source for purchasing the upgrade...does Apple stil make the Tiger --> Leopard upgrade available for the G4 (PowerPC) or am I stuck at Tiger?
I would like to try utilities like Time Machine and iPhoto.
- Asked by Loren B from Media
- Jan 1, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I still buy Leopard for my PowerPC G4?)