Similar questions from the community
No internet, rural area. does the airport ex allow me to play music over the airports wifi network to speakers?
My wife and I live in a very rural area without internet. We have a mobile share plan (with tethering) for out Iphone 4s'. I want to setup a wireless speaker network to play my itunes music around the house. Will the airport express allow this?
If I understand correctly, I will need to purchase multiple airport expresses. Let's say, 4 total, 1 for each room I want speakers in and one connected to my PC with my Itunes library? I connect each airport to a set of speakers in said rooms and I can control the itunes library from my iphone via an app from anywhere in the house, and it's all completed wireless save the connections from airport ex to speakers and pc.
please help me make sure this is clear before I go and spend $400 bucks on these pups.
- Asked by Susan M from Monroe
- Jan 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (No internet, rural area. does the airport ex allow me to play music over the airports wifi network to speakers?)
Existing wifi network - connection to speakers and sky boy
I have a wifi network in my house, powered by a wireless router next to my telephone socket.
In a totally different room, I have some ipod speakers and a sky box next to each other. The existing wifi signal is strong here.
What I want to do is:
1) Play music from iPhone iTunes over wifi to the existing speakers and
2) Connect my sky box to the internet via its Ethernet port.
Can I do this using a AirPort Express Base Station?
- Asked by William J
- Jun 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Existing wifi network - connection to speakers and sky boy)
Do I need a fast internet connection if I plan to use AirPort Express only to stream music from my iOS device to AirPort Express-connected speakers?
What I'm trying to set up is this: I have a primary router in one room, and then I'll have AirPort Express in another room. The AirPort Express will have speakers attached to it. I also plan to move AirPort Express around the house for the times I want to take music to another room. My iOS devices and my AirPort Express will always be in the same room.
My concern is: if I stream music from my iOS device to my AirPort Express speakers, will the music have to be streamed first to my primary router in the other room before being relayed back to AirPort Express? Or will my iOS device have a direct connection? The reason I'm wondering this is that I've noticed that with iTunes wifi sync, I'm actually required to be online, even if my Mac and iOS device are in the same room. I believe that's the same for the iOS remote app as well. So it seems that I have to go through the cloud first anytime my iOS and Mac communicate wirelessly with each other. My concern now is, is that going to be required for streaming music to the AirPort Express that is just a few feet away from me? Because I hope not. I have thick walls in my house and my AirPort Express will probably at times be far from the main router. Additionally, I only have a 1 mbps connection (there are no faster connections in my area). So if I have to go through the cloud first before being able to stream music, there could be significant skipping.
Will the AirPort express allow me to route only iTunes to my speakers, or does it work with any music/movies/any sounds playing on my laptop?
For example, Netflix. Would I be able to watch Netflix on my laptop, with the sound from the speakers I have plugged in to my AirPort Express? This would be convenient if I want to sit on the couch near my desk/speakers and don't want to put headphones in. I am also wondering about music saved in Google Play, movies in VLC media player, etc.--ideally this would route all sound playing on my laptop to the speakers.
- Asked by Stephanie C from Schaumburg
- Jul 8, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the AirPort express allow me to route only iTunes to my speakers, or does it work with any music/movies/any sounds playing on my laptop?)
Can AirPort Express be used to link devices such as iMac, iPad, AppleTV etc... WITHOUT ANY INTERNET CONNECTION?
I want to create a wireless network in my home for my apple devices, but do not want to connect them to the internet (at this stage). Will AirPort Express allow me to stream music & video held on my iMac on my TV via AppleTV?
- Asked by Tom B from Adelaide
- Feb 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can AirPort Express be used to link devices such as iMac, iPad, AppleTV etc... WITHOUT ANY INTERNET CONNECTION?)
do you need the airport extreme for the airport express to work
I'm thinking of buying a airport express to wirelessly stream music to my speakers but i was wondering if you need to have the airport extreme as well to make it work. thanks
- Asked by James H from Nedlands
- Apr 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (do you need the airport extreme for the airport express to work)
Can you use the Airport Express system to link to play music straight through from the Iphone to a normal hifi that only has a standard audio input?
I have a speaker system that only has an audio stereo cable input (left right stereo cable) and want to be able to play music through the wifi to this speaker set. Is this possible?
The base system doesn't seem to have the required outputs to make this happen.
Can I extend the range of a Belkin-based wifi network?
Where I live we have a wifi network with a Belkin modem. The signal is very weak in my area. Could a new Airport be used to extend the range? I have an older Airport Express and Airport, but when I have tried to use them to accomplish this, it seems they are not compatible with non-Apple modems. Is the new Airport Express different in this regard?
- Asked by Vicki P
- Jun 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I extend the range of a Belkin-based wifi network?)
Can I attach a FWT, fixed wireless terminal, device to the AirPort to enable wifi?
I live in a rural village abroad and have internet access through a FWT, fixed wireless terminal. A SIM card is inside a large telephone you connect the FWT to a computer via USB cable. You then connect to the internet on the computer using a program such a FWT. Would it be possible to connect to the AirPort and broadcast wifi?
- Asked by Julia S from Milford
- Sep 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I attach a FWT, fixed wireless terminal, device to the AirPort to enable wifi?)
Can I use the AirPort Express to connect to my existing wireless and then make my printer and music play wirelessly?
I already have a wireless router, and wired printer. I want to extend my wireless range, and I also want to be able to turn my wired printer into a wireless one, along with my wired speakers into wireless speakers. Is this possible?
- Asked by Xavier S from Washington
- Oct 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the AirPort Express to connect to my existing wireless and then make my printer and music play wirelessly?)
Can I play music through a soundlink air speaker at the same time as a separate speaker attached to an airport express?
- Asked by Craig W from Lawrence
- Nov 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I play music through a soundlink air speaker at the same time as a separate speaker attached to an airport express?)
Will the Airport Express amplify my speakers?
I have in wall/ceiling speakers in my home. If I hook up the Airport will the Airport express amplify them when I stream music from my ipod or iphone? If not, what would you suggest?
- Asked by Kris S from Chubbuck
- Aug 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Airport Express amplify my speakers?)
No answers yet
No Internet network in our RV?
Can we set up a network in our RV, with a airport express and AppleTV? We will not have internet access at the campground, but want to use Airplay from our iOS devices. Is this possible without an Internet connection?
- Asked by Jason C from Hebron
- Mar 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (No Internet network in our RV?)
No answers yet
Can the Airport Express/Extreme or Time Capsule act as a MiFi Client and pass internet to my Hardwired, (Non WiFi), devices?
I have a Sierra MiFi unit at home and several Non WiFi devices, I would like to pass the internet access/Network through the hardwire ports using the Airport Extreme as the connection to the network and internet.
- Asked by Anthony M. D from Branson
- Aug 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport Express/Extreme or Time Capsule act as a MiFi Client and pass internet to my Hardwired, (Non WiFi), devices?)
Does it supply wifi if i have no computer - I have only an iphone and ipad? I live in a rural area and need wifi for my iphone and ipad .
- Asked by Terri S from Troutville
- Jun 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it supply wifi if i have no computer - I have only an iphone and ipad? I live in a rural area and need wifi for my iphone and ipad .)
can it extend my wifi network if this is my only airport base station?
I have a netgear router that may have he same type of thing as an airport extreme but im not completely sure...
- Asked by Melissa E from Olathe
- Jun 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can it extend my wifi network if this is my only airport base station?)
Will this allow me to get wifi anywhere or just at home ?
like can i get wifi in the road with the AirPort Express or only at home
- Asked by Joel F from Santa Cruz
- Aug 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this allow me to get wifi anywhere or just at home ?)
Will I require an existing internet connection to use the Express, or can I use It's wireless features offline?
I would like to know if if can use the Airport Express without an internet connection?
I have a Mac Pro, currently I must set up an ad-hoc wifi network each time I want to connect my iPhone and iPad wirelessly to my Mac.
Will the Express allow me to create a lasting wireless network (as opposed to having to set up an ad-hoc network whenever I want to connect my devices wirelessly to my Mac?)
I receive my internet through my iPhone's wireless hotspot connection, so I do not have a router.
- Asked by Peter M from Armidale
- Sep 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will I require an existing internet connection to use the Express, or can I use It's wireless features offline?)
I want to stream music to different areas of my house, simultaneously from 1 apple device. (macbook or iphone)
I have been able to stream music from itunes and spotify through a hifi connected to my TV through apple TV.
I've also been able to send sound to 2 outputs from my mac. The 3.5mm output on it and apple TV however the sound is out of sync by half a second or so.
If I bought an apple airport express, could I use this and apple TV to play music (from spotify OR itunes) at the same time and remain in sync?
Or is there a way to correct the output time lapse between my mac's 3.5mm out and apple tv?
can i stream audio from the internet to my airport express?
Would love it if i can stream audio from my internet sites, i.e. you tube, vimeo, radio internet. to my Airport express speakers.
I have the last generation Airport, where I cannot stream from net.
However, I phones can...
Does this one do it?
- Asked by Witty J A from Pacoima
- Nov 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can i stream audio from the internet to my airport express?)