Similar questions from the community
Can this be used to speed up an Apple TV connection?
My landlord's wireless router is only 802.11b, whilst this is okay for their internet access (which is only 4Mbps) it means that when I am trying to use home sharing on Apple TV the connection is really bad. Can I attach this by ethernet cable to the existing router and stream from iTunes on my MacBook Air to Apple TV at a much faster rate or will the wireless network it creates be restricted by the internet download speed?
- Asked by David G
- Dec 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used to speed up an Apple TV connection?)
Does Airport Express support the new TVs which have built in WiFi for streaming content such as Netflix?
I have a New Sony TV which has built in WiFi. Does the Airport extreme support streaming with this TV.
Have an older Airport Extreme, one band, 2ghz and it does not stream fast enough. Keeps loosing connection, has to stop and load the content.
Want to purchase a new Airport with 2 & 5 ghz speeds and dual bands, but only if it supports fast steamless streaming.
- Asked by Kathleen K from Charlevoix
- Dec 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Airport Express support the new TVs which have built in WiFi for streaming content such as Netflix?)
Does wifi have to have highspeed Internet connection speed
Tried to use airport express on an Internet connection that is not the highspeed connection and it did not work. Does speed make a difference?
- Asked by Kevin K from Titusville
- Jun 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does wifi have to have highspeed Internet connection speed)
Can AirPort Express be used to link devices such as iMac, iPad, AppleTV etc... WITHOUT ANY INTERNET CONNECTION?
I want to create a wireless network in my home for my apple devices, but do not want to connect them to the internet (at this stage). Will AirPort Express allow me to stream music & video held on my iMac on my TV via AppleTV?
- Asked by Tom B from Adelaide
- Feb 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can AirPort Express be used to link devices such as iMac, iPad, AppleTV etc... WITHOUT ANY INTERNET CONNECTION?)
Can apple tv connect to AirPort Express Base Station ?
it does not show on the description. therefore, i am wondering if it works.
- Asked by Wilson L from Plainsboro
- Aug 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can apple tv connect to AirPort Express Base Station ?)
can I use the airport express as a wireless adaptor to connect a PC with a cord to receive the signal from my router at home?
My pc dont have a wireless adapter, in stead of using a normal wireless adaper, I wanna try with airport express to make use the airplay fonction with my apple tv. is that possible?
- Asked by Shibo X from Montreal
- Aug 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use the airport express as a wireless adaptor to connect a PC with a cord to receive the signal from my router at home?)
Is the speed of the Wi-Fi limited to 100mbps if i use the 10/100 mbps wan port to connect to the internet?
I plan on using this router in my college dorm, which offers wi-fi speeds of around 150mbps. Will the speed of the Wi-fi be limited to a maximum of 100mbps when I connect an ethernet cable from my modem to the wan port? In other words, will the speed of the wifi and therefore my connection to the internet be limited by the slower ethernet input ( 10/100 input port)/
Sorry if this is an obvious or previously answered question, and thanks for your help!
- Asked by Brian S from Kensington
- Jul 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the speed of the Wi-Fi limited to 100mbps if i use the 10/100 mbps wan port to connect to the internet?)
Movies with airplay
If I were to connect stereo speakers to my airport express and use apple tv and watch a movie or youtube etc...would they work fine together. basically using the airplay as my speaker setup?
- Asked by Jonathan M from Wexford
- Apr 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Movies with airplay)
No answers yet
can i send video to apple tv and audio to airport express?
I'm using airplay to play a video to a projector but the audio is located elsewhere, so is it possible to send the video to the projector via apple tv and then the audio to an airport express to come out some PA speakers?
- Asked by Matthew T
- Feb 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i send video to apple tv and audio to airport express?)
Can i connect my computer without wifi directlly to the AirPort Express network LAN port and watch on my Apple TV as iTunes files?
That my personal computer is not WiFi, and I want to connect by lan cable to the airport express. Thanks.
If I currently am using the previous version airport express to extend my network with the newest airport extreme is this a worth while upgrade?
If I currently am using the previous version airport express to extend my network with the newest airport extreme will i see any imporvment to my connections in anyway if I upgrade to this new one? speed wise or distance wise perhaps? Or is it not worth upgrading?
- Asked by Andrew Y from Staten Island
- Jun 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (If I currently am using the previous version airport express to extend my network with the newest airport extreme is this a worth while upgrade?)
Streaming audio from iTunes on iMac. Apple TV or Airport express? confused...
So 3 audio systems with traditional amplifier/speakers.
Want to selectively route iTunes audio (using PureMusic if possible) to these systems but they are a good distance from the computer. Looked at Apple TV but only has optical audio out which doesn't work with my amps. Also I read about Airport Express but this seems to want to be a router and setup and network and I already have a router etc... can airport express just sit on the network and give me regular audio out to the amplifiers and if so, is it high quality audio (noticed only has a 3.5mm jack).
Is there a higher end solution to this? Read about Sonos a little etc...
- Asked by Simon C from Raleigh
- May 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Streaming audio from iTunes on iMac. Apple TV or Airport express? confused...)
- Asked about: Mac
I don't have an Internet connection but just want to create a local wireless network with airport express Apple TV and my mac book pro. Can I?
I am on a yacht hence the question. I just want to stream from mac book pro to Apple TV?
can I play video in .mkv file format?
I would like to know if the Apple TV can play movie files in mkv format from a hard disk connected to an Airport Express Base station?
- Asked by Ajay H from Chennai
- Aug 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can I play video in .mkv file format?)
Airport express or apple tv
The apple Tv and Airport express are the same price but the Apple Tv does more.
Should i buy an Apple tv to stream my music to my stereo in the other room ?
Or should i buy a Airport express ?
Does the Airport express have more faetures that the Apple TV doesn't have ?
I currently have
I just want to be ablle to stream music tto the stereo's i have through my Two storry house
I just purchaced the Airport Express but i'm now thinking i should of bought another Apple TV ?
- Asked by David C from Kingsley
- May 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Airport express or apple tv)
Can I AirPlay to multiple AirPort Epress/apple TV/AirPlay devices simultaneously from my iPad only - or do I need a computer running with iTunes?
I want to be able to play music via my iPad or iPhone to an AirPort Express, an Apple TV and a Bose Soundlink Air simultaneously (without the need to have a computer running) - is this possible?
I want to stream music to different areas of my house, simultaneously from 1 apple device. (macbook or iphone)
I have been able to stream music from itunes and spotify through a hifi connected to my TV through apple TV.
I've also been able to send sound to 2 outputs from my mac. The 3.5mm output on it and apple TV however the sound is out of sync by half a second or so.
If I bought an apple airport express, could I use this and apple TV to play music (from spotify OR itunes) at the same time and remain in sync?
Or is there a way to correct the output time lapse between my mac's 3.5mm out and apple tv?