Similar questions from the community
Can I use base station as a piggy back from my router? i.e. router in one room and base station in another room?
I have a Sky Router which is in one place which I cannot change (I am in a 1420 listed Property). Nor can I fit any printer to it; I have no space there. So I want to use Base station remotely in another room. I need to how and if it can be done. Thanks!
Can I use the Airport Express Base Station to replace my existing Netgear router and still maintain the same network?
My cable company setup the network in my house with their equipment: a modem and a Netgear router. The router does not provide adequate signal strength even for a desktop PC situated a few feet in the same room. As a test, I plugged in my Airport Extreme Base Station to one of the free ports on the back of the Netgear router and the PC, as well as other wireless devices nearby, received a stronger signal. I want to replace the Netgear router with the Express without creating a new network. Is this possible?
- Asked by Anthony G from Edison
- Sep 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Airport Express Base Station to replace my existing Netgear router and still maintain the same network?)
How do I change from airport express first generation to new airport express base station (second generation)?
I currently have the 1st gen airport express plugged into the wall and connected to our cable (wired) router via the ethernet port. It provides a wireless network to our two computers in other rooms of the house. The coverage is OK, but it occasionally is slow and/or briefly loses the wireless connection.
I recently bought the second generation airport express base station with the two ports (Ethernet and WAN), and I want to switch over to the new APExpress. My questions are: 1) In what order should I do things? (eg unplug the old APExpress before plugging in the new APExpress base station, or vice versa) and 2) In which port on the new APExpress should I plug the cable from the router into, the Ethernet port or the WAN port?
One last question: Does it make any sense to connect both APExpresses to the router, i.e. connect 1st gen airport express to ethernet port of new APExpress base station, and connect the new APexpress base station to the router via the WAN port?
As you can tell by my questions, I'm not a very techhie kind of guy, so please make the answer simple:-)
- Asked by Steven G from Yokohama
- Apr 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I change from airport express first generation to new airport express base station (second generation)?)
Does the Airport express base station work as a internet router?
- Asked by Michael E from Nixa
- Jun 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Airport express base station work as a internet router?)
can it extend my wifi network if this is my only airport base station?
I have a netgear router that may have he same type of thing as an airport extreme but im not completely sure...
- Asked by Melissa E from Olathe
- Jun 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can it extend my wifi network if this is my only airport base station?)
What is the best Router for Apple iPod Touch ? Can I use the AirPort Express base station in Ghana(Africa)
I use the iPod Touch to go on Skype or Face Time when I am in Africa
When using the express as a WiFi extension from the Extreme base station. Can Ethernet port be used?
With a baby on the way I have searched for a video baby monitor that will work best with all my iOS devices. The iBaby video monitor seemed the best fit. It needs to be hardwired directly into a modem in order for it to broadcast the video signal over WiFi. To avoid running Ethernet into the room I would prefer to use the Express to extend the WiFi from my Airport Extreme base station. But will then need to use the Express Ethernet wired connection for the monitor. Is this possible?
- Asked by Aaron B from Surprise
- Oct 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (When using the express as a WiFi extension from the Extreme base station. Can Ethernet port be used?)
May I block contents or filter contents on the router ?
I want to make sure my kids can't go to inappropriate sites, so is there a function on this router to block that. I use netgear and I specify a certain words, and if anyone type those words, the router blocks them. Can we do the same with the SirPort express Base Station also ?
- Asked by Moazzam A from Bentonville
- Aug 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (May I block contents or filter contents on the router ?)
Can the AirPort Express Base Station replace a modem ?
My modem is kind of old and the internet is extremely slow, brings me flash back od the Dial up days. can i replace my old modem with a AirPort Express Base Station and will it work with no complications ?
- Asked by Lamont W from San Diego
- Aug 5, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the AirPort Express Base Station replace a modem ?)
Can I use this to connect mac mini to wireless n router ?
I have a mac mini which has a airport g compatible card, can I use the base station to send data wirelessly as n compatible to my broad band router to achieve 80mbs rather than 20 mbs I'm getting ? Thanks
- Asked by Stuart F
- Dec 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to connect mac mini to wireless n router ?)
Can i use Express as the main router , and use some other brand router as the sub router in WDS ?
i wanna connect express to my DSL,
and make it as the main router
in another room , i have a other brand router
i want set it in WDS mode to express
it's all ok?
- Asked by 晓宁 李 from Shanghai
- Jun 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use Express as the main router , and use some other brand router as the sub router in WDS ?)
Can the new Airport Express Base Station extend the network from a new Airport Extreme Base Station AND use Airplay at the same time?
My old Airport Express cannot do both, you either have to set it up to create a network, join an existing network to extend it, or set it up for AirTunes. If the new one could do both, I'll buy it.
Will this extend wifi and act as airtunes base station simultaneously? I have an old AE and it will only do one or the other...
I want wi-fi access for my 2010 2.8Ghz mac pro. Should I buy Airport Extreme base station?
I do not have the following:
1) An AirPort card fitted - really expensive call-out charge and part
2) Would rather not run a cable throughout house to the router downstairs, as it is rented accomodation.
Will the Airport Extreme base station, pick up the wi-fi from downstairs?
Or do i definately need an ethernet cable draped all over the house to the Virgin Media router for a cheaper option?
(Have tried using a usb ralink but it has stopped working and want something more substantial)
What's the best option?
Thanks for any advice! It's such a headache knowing what to do!
Can this Extend the Network of my Verizon FIOS ActionTec Router?
I have a Verizon-supplied Actiontec router, which is in one room in the house. I'd like to put the Airport Express int the living room, connect it to the stereo for Airplay AND extend the Wireless Network of the ActionTec router, is this possible?
- Asked by Yonah W from White Plains
- Sep 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this Extend the Network of my Verizon FIOS ActionTec Router?)
Can i use my Airport Express to extend my wireless network with another brand router?
I bought an Airport Express to extend the wifi signal at home, but I have a Dynex router. Is it going to work without cable? ANd if I buy the Airport Extreme base, may i reply the signal without a cable?
- Asked by Sabrina I from Sao Paulo
- Nov 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use my Airport Express to extend my wireless network with another brand router?)
I have the US version. Can it be used in the United Kingdom 220volt using a 220 volt adapter?
Airport express base station
- Asked by Peter T from Lancaster
- Jan 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I have the US version. Can it be used in the United Kingdom 220volt using a 220 volt adapter?)
what wire do you use with an airport express base station to link to an amplifier?
what wire do you use with an airport express base station to link to an amplifier?
- Asked by Jeremy L
- Nov 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (what wire do you use with an airport express base station to link to an amplifier?)