Similar questions from the community
can airport express run a hard drive?
Can I plug a hard drive into the Airport Express's USB port and access it wirelessly?
- Asked by Andy H from Kutztown
- Oct 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can airport express run a hard drive?)
Can this new airport express drive offers AirPrint service to iPhone/iPad etc driving a non-airprint capable printer via USB port?
Use AiPort Express to serve AirPrint to any USB printer?
Connect my wd my book live nas drive to airport express
Im looking to purchase the airport express to extend my extremes wifi network. I hoping to put a western digital hardrive into the Ethernet slot on the express, as the express will be in the middle of the house enabling my office mac to share the content.
Hope that makes sense.
- Asked by Richard D
- Aug 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Connect my wd my book live nas drive to airport express)
Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?
I currently have an airport extreme, which is very good at getting range throughout my very long unit (about 30 meters.)
I have my TV, XBOX, PC down one end.. and my iMac is down the other end. I had the Extreme set up in the middle of the house. So it turns out, my xbox360 along with the NBA App wont give me HD unless its plugged in, even if the wireless Extreme unit is sitting 5 inches away from the XBOX360 (I tested this). Highlights work fine, but actual games - na.
So I though I would move the extreme in the room with the XBOX 360 etc in it..
Anyway, surprisingly, down the other end of the house, the iMac works on the internet fine! The iPhone 5 also works well.(checked with speediest and can confirm that the iphone lost less than 10% at the end of the house! impressive :-) ) BUT when I look at the iMac network connection, it says the transmit signal is only 27 down from around 217. The internet is fine, but youtube has taken a hit.
My dilemma then, is that I need the printer connected to a wireless device so everything including our laptops can print. I also would not mind extending the range back out for the iMac.
So I am considering the Express to put in the middle of the house.
1) If I have my modem plugged into the extreme, I assume I can use the express as an extender?
2) Can I plug the printer into the Extender, or in this case, the little express which will be used as an extender?
I sort of dont want the printer near the TV due to room issues, and would like to bring back the super quickness of the internet to the iMac.. Im not so fussed about the internet for the iMac, as its only YouTube which has taken a hit, everything else works great, which is amazing at such a long range. (almost 100 feet)
- Asked by Dennis K from Mosman
- Nov 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?)
Will having a printer in the USB port of the AirPort Express allow me to print?
I have an HP printer that is not AirPrint capable. The printer does have wireless capability as I can print using my laptop PC but not my iPad or iPhone. If I hook it up to the USB port on the AirPort Express will I be able to print from my iPad or iPhones?
- Asked by Adrian K from Spartanburg
- Jul 19, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will having a printer in the USB port of the AirPort Express allow me to print?)
Compatability with HP Photosmart 3210 All-in-One printer?
Is my HP Photosmart 3210 All-in-One Printer, Scanner, Copier compatible with Airport Express? My wireless connection (through Airport Express) quit working yesterday and I got a message saying my HP Photosmart 3210 is not supported by Airport Express. I really like my printer, and this presents a problem for me. Would Airport Extreme be the answer?
- Asked by Margaret B from Okotoks
- Apr 4, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatability with HP Photosmart 3210 All-in-One printer?)
Can I send photos to a hard drive from iPad using airport express?
- Asked by Paul Nancy V from Toledo
- Feb 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I send photos to a hard drive from iPad using airport express?)
Does USB port of AirPort Express support 3G UMTS modem for internet sharing...?
i.e By connecting the 3g dongle to the usb port we can utilize the internet connection on the network.
- Asked by Sushil J from New York
- Dec 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does USB port of AirPort Express support 3G UMTS modem for internet sharing...?)
Can you print using a usb printer via the airport express in your iPad?
- Asked by Angelo Roleo B from Legazpi
- Dec 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you print using a usb printer via the airport express in your iPad?)
can multiple printers be used over wifi with the airport express
I have a Brother Laser printer that is wireless 2270DW and an epson wireless printer that students are using in an dorm. I have set secure wireless network but need to know if these two printers can print wirelessly or do they need to be connected via printer cable to Airport Express to perform wireless printing? Last but not least you us a spliter on the USB outlet on the Airport express and hardwire the two printers via printer cables?
- Asked by Chris P from Sandy Springs
- Aug 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can multiple printers be used over wifi with the airport express)
Are Canon printers supported by the new Airport Express?
The CAPT and UFR2 drivers for Mac OS X require bidirectional communication with the printer. That is, as well as sending data to the printer, they expect data to be sent back.
Unless the new Airport Express is different to its predecessors, the USB port on the Airport does not support bidirectional communication and this stops the UFR2 and CAPT driver from working.
Is the new Airport Express compatible with those drivers?
- Asked by Marco T from Castel Gandolfo
- Jun 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Are Canon printers supported by the new Airport Express?)
Can I hook multiple devices up to 1 airport express, or do I need an airport for each device?
Can I, for instance, hook both my USB printer and my network based HD up to one airport, or would I need 2 airports to do so?
- Asked by Linda L
- Dec 31, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I hook multiple devices up to 1 airport express, or do I need an airport for each device?)
is there audio quality difference between the airport extreme and Apple TV
I want to bring the iTunes library to my stereo, and googling on this there were a number of posts that suggested that Airport Extreme had better decoding for CD quality audio then did the AppleTV. All the iTunes files are of course digital, and I am intending to use the optical output of either the Airport Express or AppleTV.
To really hear a difference I would need to do an A/B test of one against the other - which I do not intend to do, but I do have a very high end system so when things are not as they should be there is no hiding it.
I don't need the AppleTV right now for the theater setting - so video streaming ability would be on hold there, for now but likely added sometime in the next year or so.
It's really a matter of which device is going to be better for delivering the iTunes music library to the stereo system. Why there would be a different between the Airport Extreme and the AppleTV is not clear to me. The limiting source would seem to be the bit rate of the files in iTunes - but perhaps I am missing something. Perhaps there is a difference in DA converters - though that too would seem strange, but with the use of the Digital Optical Out I would think that there should be no difference.
But certainly better to know about it before I buy the device and get it set up - appreciate any thoughts and suggestions.
- Asked by Dan R from Superior
- Jul 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (is there audio quality difference between the airport extreme and Apple TV)
Can I scan wirelessly using a printer/scanner combo connected to the Airport Express USB port?
I have an HP printer/scanner combo. If I connect this to an Airport Express Base Station via USB, will I be able to use the scanning feature wirelessly?
- Asked by Jon Wayne B from Toronto
- Sep 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I scan wirelessly using a printer/scanner combo connected to the Airport Express USB port?)