Similar questions from the community
Does the new Airport Express output audio to 'non-powered' speakers? The product description says 'any connected speakers'
- Asked by Robert A from Colorado Springs
- Jun 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new Airport Express output audio to 'non-powered' speakers? The product description says 'any connected speakers')
airport express multi amp/speaker/system
I want to just extend my wireless system. I DO NOT WANT TO USE THE AIRPLAY OPTION.
So can I use say Pandora, Tunein etc. and select my wireless instead of Airplay and send the same thing to both my express units? (2) That way I can play to my stereo/ amp /speaker/ volume controlled in two places at the same time. I am not sure my question is clear since I seem to be getting different replays.
I currently have the 1st gen. express and play into my amp vis a cable. I see that amp port is still on the new gen. so I was in hope this can be done.
- Asked by Gary S from Lake Oswego
- Mar 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (airport express multi amp/speaker/system)
No answers yet
Can you use the Airport Express system to link to play music straight through from the Iphone to a normal hifi that only has a standard audio input?
I have a speaker system that only has an audio stereo cable input (left right stereo cable) and want to be able to play music through the wifi to this speaker set. Is this possible?
The base system doesn't seem to have the required outputs to make this happen.
can i stream audio from the internet to my airport express?
Would love it if i can stream audio from my internet sites, i.e. you tube, vimeo, radio internet. to my Airport express speakers.
I have the last generation Airport, where I cannot stream from net.
However, I phones can...
Does this one do it?
- Asked by Witty J A from Pacoima
- Nov 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can i stream audio from the internet to my airport express?)
Existing wifi network - connection to speakers and sky boy
I have a wifi network in my house, powered by a wireless router next to my telephone socket.
In a totally different room, I have some ipod speakers and a sky box next to each other. The existing wifi signal is strong here.
What I want to do is:
1) Play music from iPhone iTunes over wifi to the existing speakers and
2) Connect my sky box to the internet via its Ethernet port.
Can I do this using a AirPort Express Base Station?
- Asked by William J
- Jun 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Existing wifi network - connection to speakers and sky boy)
Will the Airport Express amplify my speakers?
I have in wall/ceiling speakers in my home. If I hook up the Airport will the Airport express amplify them when I stream music from my ipod or iphone? If not, what would you suggest?
- Asked by Kris S from Chubbuck
- Aug 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Airport Express amplify my speakers?)
No answers yet
I already have a non-apple router. Is there anyway to use an airport express for AirPlay without replacing my router with an AirPort Extreme?
I can't replace my router with an airport express as my modem is not near the speakers.
can i send video to apple tv and audio to airport express?
I'm using airplay to play a video to a projector but the audio is located elsewhere, so is it possible to send the video to the projector via apple tv and then the audio to an airport express to come out some PA speakers?
- Asked by Matthew T
- Feb 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i send video to apple tv and audio to airport express?)
Is there a way to access both optical and analog audio outputs simultaneously?
analog for external speaker amplifier and toslink for av system
- Asked by Ed T from Locust Grove
- Jun 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to access both optical and analog audio outputs simultaneously?)
Do I need a fast internet connection if I plan to use AirPort Express only to stream music from my iOS device to AirPort Express-connected speakers?
What I'm trying to set up is this: I have a primary router in one room, and then I'll have AirPort Express in another room. The AirPort Express will have speakers attached to it. I also plan to move AirPort Express around the house for the times I want to take music to another room. My iOS devices and my AirPort Express will always be in the same room.
My concern is: if I stream music from my iOS device to my AirPort Express speakers, will the music have to be streamed first to my primary router in the other room before being relayed back to AirPort Express? Or will my iOS device have a direct connection? The reason I'm wondering this is that I've noticed that with iTunes wifi sync, I'm actually required to be online, even if my Mac and iOS device are in the same room. I believe that's the same for the iOS remote app as well. So it seems that I have to go through the cloud first anytime my iOS and Mac communicate wirelessly with each other. My concern now is, is that going to be required for streaming music to the AirPort Express that is just a few feet away from me? Because I hope not. I have thick walls in my house and my AirPort Express will probably at times be far from the main router. Additionally, I only have a 1 mbps connection (there are no faster connections in my area). So if I have to go through the cloud first before being able to stream music, there could be significant skipping.
Will Bowers & Wilkins MM1 speakers run off airport express?
I am looking to set up airplay to my MM1 speakers using the USB connection to the airport express, is this feasible?
- Asked by Adrian B
- Nov 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Bowers & Wilkins MM1 speakers run off airport express?)
No internet, rural area. does the airport ex allow me to play music over the airports wifi network to speakers?
My wife and I live in a very rural area without internet. We have a mobile share plan (with tethering) for out Iphone 4s'. I want to setup a wireless speaker network to play my itunes music around the house. Will the airport express allow this?
If I understand correctly, I will need to purchase multiple airport expresses. Let's say, 4 total, 1 for each room I want speakers in and one connected to my PC with my Itunes library? I connect each airport to a set of speakers in said rooms and I can control the itunes library from my iphone via an app from anywhere in the house, and it's all completed wireless save the connections from airport ex to speakers and pc.
please help me make sure this is clear before I go and spend $400 bucks on these pups.
- Asked by Susan M from Monroe
- Jan 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (No internet, rural area. does the airport ex allow me to play music over the airports wifi network to speakers?)
connect with airplay or airport express (6) speakers connected by wires to a remote location. all speakers are ceiling mounted housed in 6 small room
WIll this work when I connect to a MacBook Air? or will I still need a seperate receiver. I'm starting a small business quickly, and my space is small, 1,200 sq ft. Spa setting, where music should sound crisp without crackling when we play classical and such. What should I do?
- Asked by Pauliina G from Salt Lake City
- Mar 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (connect with airplay or airport express (6) speakers connected by wires to a remote location. all speakers are ceiling mounted housed in 6 small room)
What size is the audio connector on airport express
What cable do I need to connect to airport express audio out to the RCA phono connection on HiFi input. can you tell me the size of the audio out connection.
- Asked by Gregory S
- Dec 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What size is the audio connector on airport express)
What exactly is the AirPort Express?
Am not familiar with this product and the description is a little unclear. Is this basically a wireless router? Any help would be appreciated!
- Asked by Joseph P from New Rochelle
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What exactly is the AirPort Express?)
Can I use the AirPort Express to connect to my existing wireless and then make my printer and music play wirelessly?
I already have a wireless router, and wired printer. I want to extend my wireless range, and I also want to be able to turn my wired printer into a wireless one, along with my wired speakers into wireless speakers. Is this possible?
- Asked by Xavier S from Washington
- Oct 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the AirPort Express to connect to my existing wireless and then make my printer and music play wirelessly?)
Can I use the AirPort device or something similar to transmit audio from the output of my DJ mixing desk to my home Airplay network ?
I'm looking for something that I can plug into the output socket of my Stanton SCS4DJ MP3 mixing desk that will enable me to send the audio output wirelessly to my Airplay network that includes my Denon Ceol Network Music System, Apple TV and any other speakers that I choose to add to my Airplay network. Thanks
Can apple tv connect to AirPort Express Base Station ?
it does not show on the description. therefore, i am wondering if it works.
- Asked by Wilson L from Plainsboro
- Aug 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can apple tv connect to AirPort Express Base Station ?)